North Lodge on Oakland
Table Of Contents
You don’t have to break the bank to enjoy elegant accommodations at North Lodge on Oakland Bed & Breakfast.
Sitting on an acre of gardens, the North Lodge on Oakland Bed & Breakfast underwent a renovation in 1995, which not only restored its historic 1904 splendor, but also added central heating and air-conditioning. Its two suites and four guest rooms have king- or queen-sized beds swathed in high-quality bedding, private bathrooms, a flat-screen TV/DVD unit, Wi-Fi and, yes, bedside chocolates. Each accommodation option has a distinctive feature such as a library, gas fireplace, balcony, bathroom skylight, rain shower head, claw-foot tub or granite countertop.
Savor the delectable three-course breakfasts guests rave about in the morning and fresh-baked cookies and pastries in the afternoon. If you are celebrating a special occasion and would like a floral arrangement in your guest room or need assistance planning your visit, Innkeeper Greg Adkins and his staff are more than happy to help.
North Lodge on Oakland is just a mile from the Biltmore Estate and downtown Asheville. With its 8,000 acres, the Biltmore Estate is almost a town onto itself and, as such, has almost as many attractions including property tours, winery, dining, shopping, carriage rides, biking, hiking, fly-fishing and horseback riding. Check out museums, galleries, performing arts centers, antique shops and restaurants in downtown Asheville. Take a scenic drive along Blue Ridge Parkway, as you head to the Blue Ridge Mountains, where, among its various outdoor offerings, you can hike to numerous waterfalls.
North Lodge on Oakland Bed & Breakfast in Asheville, North Carolina, near Biltmore
Looking for relaxation and convenience? Stay at our historic bed and breakfast inn and enjoy the serenity of our 1904 house, nestled on an acre of gardens and featuring six tastefully appointed guest rooms. Our fabulous location is halfway between downtown Asheville and Biltmore Estate, about a mile to either!
Awake to a gourmet three-course breakfast (catering to any special diets), enjoy fresh baked cookies and pastries each afternoon. Relax in the garden in the gazebo or by the fountain. Sleep well in your cozy room.
Affordable Luxury Asheville B&B
Enjoy many extras at our Asheville bed and breakfast inn that you will not receive in a hotel. In addition to the three-course breakfast and afternoon goodies, you will have access to our 200-title DVD movie collection to watch on your flat screen TV in your room, peaceful gardens, a business center with computer and printer, and personalized trip planning and arrangements. Sleep well in your cozy room, with private bathrooms - and some have fireplaces. Wi-fi throughout and in-room massages available.
As we like to say, this Asheville bed and breakfast is far from ordinary... but close to everything. North Lodge is so very convenient to all that is Asheville. With only a five minute drive to the gates of the Biltmore Estate or to downtown Asheville, this B&B offers you convenience as well as comfort! We are also only 1/2 mile from Mission Hospital.
The Biltmore House with its gardens and winery is one of Asheville's premier attractions. It is the nation's largest private home with more than 250 rooms and is truly awe-inspiring in its splendor. The Biltmore represents the finest in 1895 luxury and the winery is the nation's most-visited. The wonderful outdoor activities never seem to end - great trails, carriage rides, equestrian center, kayaking and, of course, the Bistro and Deerpark Restaurants. You'll find all this and more within the grounds of the Biltmore Estate, one mile from the North Lodge.
Downtown Asheville, with its many art galleries, charming antique shops, local stores, 50+ restaurants, museums and performing arts centers, is only a mile away. Drive one of America's most scenic roads, Blue Ridge Parkway. Hike, explore the land of waterfalls, and enjoy a host of outdoor activities in our Blue Ridge Mountains.
Celebrations of anniversaries, honeymoons and birthdays are frequent and welcome. If you are celebrating any special occasion and would like a beautiful arrangement of roses or flowers in your room, please give us a call. Enjoy a relaxing massage, provided by a married couple who are both experienced and skilled massage therapists.
Always Affordable Luxury is the mission of our Asheville bed and breakfast. We cater to each guest's needs. Come visit a beautifully restored, historic B&B on a quiet residential street where every guest is special to us. Sorry, but we can only accept children 12 or over.
Each of the guest rooms features:
- A new flat screen TV/DVD unit
- Access to dozens of classic and new movies (and audio CDs) in our DVD library!
- A private bathroom with tub and shower
- Two comfortable terry cloth robes
- Convenient hairdryers in each bathroom
- Plush bedding of highest quality
- Two bedside tables with reading lamps
- A radio with alarm clock
- Dataports for internet connection
- Central heating and air conditioning
- Some rooms can accommodate three people (the roll-away is $35)
Complimentary soft drinks, bottled water and ice available at all times.
For your convenience, you can now book your room online or if you prefer you can call us! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Greg Adkins for sharing his own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Travelers stay with us because we are centrally located. We are one mile south of downtown and one mile north of the Biltmore Estate.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We are best known for our breakfast. Guests always refer to our great food in the reviews. We are a historical home that was completely renovated in 1995 with central heat and air.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
The #1 reason to visit Asheville is The Biltmore Estate.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
Our guests say that they love the comfort and feeling of being at home. What better compliment is there?
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Most people are surprised to find that we have many beautiful waterfalls in the area.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
If someone is staying for more than a couple of nights, we suggest they go for a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway and visit the Biltmore Estate.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
We are a mile from downtown and the Biltmore, so some people like to walk, but you would need to drive to most attractions and restaurants in the area. We are located in the mountains in a residential neighborhood.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
We love Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine and Cucina24 – Italian restaurant serving homemade pizzas, pastas, and sandwiches.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 6 rooms.
Do you accept pets?
We do not accept pets.
Weddings & Special Events
North Lodge on Oakland is a place where you can celebrate with family and friends. North Lodge on Oakland bed and breakfast provides the perfect setting for weddings, commitment ceremonies, receptions, family reunions, parties, crafting weekends, renewal of vows and meetings in Asheville. We are located in a quiet, residential neighborhood and only a mile from the gates of Biltmore Estate or downtown Asheville and one-half mile from Mission Hospital. Below are options to consider when planning for that memorable day.
Entire Inn Rental
Book the entire Inn for your wedding attendees subject to room occupancy limitations. Those staying at our bed and breakfast will have access to all of the features listed below:
On the first floor the Inn provides:
- Large Front Parlor and dining rooms with 10' ceilings that can to seat ten comfortably, twenty standing.
- Fireplace in the Parlor with original mantel
- Enclosed Stone Porch with stone walls and seating for six
- Guest Pantry with two small refrigerators and computer hookup
- One restroom
- Large commercial kitchen
- One guestroom (the Library) with sleeping capacity of up to two people with private bath
On the second floor the Inn provides:
- Four beautifully appointed guestrooms - three with queen sized beds and one with a king
- Each room with its own private bath
- Three of the rooms can accommodate a rollaway for one additional person - Magnolia, Carolina and Tiffany
- The Tiffany king sized bed can be split into two twin beds
On the third floor the Inn provides:
- One Suite with king sized bed and private bath
- The bed can be split into two twin beds
- Makeup vanity area
- Access to outdoor balcony on the back of the house
- Suite has its own small refrigerator and selection of coffees and tea with coffee pot
The outside of the Inn provides:
- Garden area with gazebo
- Gazebo contains lighting, electricity and ceiling fan
- Large stone patio with stone walk to the rippling fountain and customer trellis - the perfect setting for wedding vows
- Off street parking for up to nine cars with additional parking for four more cars on the west side of the Inn
- Large grassy front yard with huge historic trees
- Rates include a three course, plated breakfast each morning for North Lodge occupants
- Afternoon cookies and pastries
- Complimentary soft drinks, coffee, water, teas, hot chocolate and cider
- Wireless internet access for North Lodge occupants
The Ceremony (limited to 20 people)
Consider holding your Wedding Ceremony on the grounds of North Lodge for an additional $250. With our parking and space limitations, the maximum number of ceremony attendees is 20 guests. Ceremonies may be held between the hours of 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily. Indoor and outdoor facilities area available for setup and events from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Our garden Gazebo contains electrical outlets for your equipment as well.
Wedding Ceremony attendees will have access to the following features of the Inn during the Ceremony or event:
- Usage of the Front Parlor, Stone Porch, Dining Room and first floor restroom
- Our large stone patio can accommodate up to 20 guests standing with some seating available in the lower grassy area for up to 10 guests
Additional Meal Options for Wedding Attendees:
Weddings are a time for celebration and togetherness with family and friends. Consider having North Lodge provide and host that special time with one of the following meal options:
Dining Package (limited to 16 people)
- Includes indoor seating and dining (tables, chairs, linens and dishes) for one event
- Package includes choice of salads, entree, dessert and beverages*
- Indoor facilities are available from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Price is $35 per person
Hors D'Oeuvres Package (limited to 20 people)
- Includes indoor chairs for seating up to 20 people
- Includes choice of Hors D'Oeuvres and beverages*
- Price is $20 per person
- The Inn is unable to provide Alcoholic beverages.
Just the two of you? See our Asheville wedding elopement packages!
We are happy to provide a listing of recommended vendors familiar with our property with experience hosting your event.
Please contact Greg for additional information and to schedule a tour of the property. Tours can be accommodated between 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday.