The Hummingbird Inn
Those Little Extras
We need to have advance notice for lunch and picnics. We normally do our food shopping on Wednesday or Thursday, so calling a few days before your arrival will ensure your reservation!
Lunch "To Go" - $30 for two
Ready to head for the trails at Goshen Pass or Douthat Park – take along sandwiches, chips, fruit, dessert, and soft drinks/water.
Picnic Basket (in your room or to go) - $50 for two
Don’t feel like heading out for dinner when you arrive? Enjoy a picnic basket or platter of seasonal goodies that includes deli meats, variety of cheeses, veggies or cold salads, fruit, artisan bread & dessert and water or soda. It’s really a fun feast! Ask about adding a bottle of Virginia wine ($10)
Wine & Cheese Basket - $40
To be enjoyed in doors or take out to the wraparound porch or peaceful deck overlooking Mill Creek. A bottle of regional red/white wine, a selection of local cheeses and crackers and for dessert – chocolates.
Decadent Desserts - $35
Want to indulge your sweet tooth…? Enjoy a plate of bite size desserts (10-12) like cheesecakes, canolis, rum balls, mousse cups, brownies, lemon bars depending on the season …. enjoy with a bottle of wine!al cheeses and crackers and for dessert – chocolates.
Romance Package - $35
A bottle of wine and chocolate-covered strawberries…for your pleasure
Special Occasion Package - $50
Celebrate with a bouquet of roses, chocolate-covered strawberries and a chilled bottle of champagne to toast that special something or someone!
Birthday / Anniversary Cake - $20
A special occasion, a special celebration deserves a special cake…white or chocolate, you favorite!
Massage in your room - $100 per hour
A relaxing massage for one, a couple’s massage over the course of two hours, or share the hour with your partner
Horse-drawn Carriage Ride (1hr) through historic Lexington - $15 per person
We offer a slight discount over buying your tickets on site in Lexington. Carriage rides are only available during the warmer months.
Doggie Treats - $5
Have a special, healthy treat waiting for your pet when you arrive. A bag of 10 doggie biscuits, various sizes, and flavors, made from whole wheat and all natural ingredients by Barb's Bakery a local Lexington bakery.
Free one-night stay
Stay any three nights and get the fourth night free of charge! Offer good all year and can be used over a weekend. You'll save up to $175 plus tax! Not valid during Hoidays or Special Events, and cannot be combined with any other discount package.
You must mention this special at the time of reservation.
And...baby makes 3Price from: $710
- 2 nights in either the Alleghany or Franklin Room (Jacuzzi bath, a must)
- Roses, chocolate-covered strawberries, parkling cider for Mom and wine for Dad (in your room when you arrive)
- Milk and cookies at bedtime
- Full breakfast each morning
- A couple's massage (with doctors OK for Mom, please)
- A carriage ride in Historic Lexington
- Gift certificate for dinner
- Special gift for baby
Your lives are about to change. Your family is growing, and your chance to get away, just the two of you, won't be any easier at least for a while! Celebrate your changing family and changing lives by taking a few days to pamper yourselves before you start pampering the new addition with your Babymoon Getaway.
Total package $710 plus tax
Special Occasion Weekend PackagePrice from: $795
- Two nights in one of our deluxe rooms, full breakfast both mornings
- $50 gift certificate for dinners
- Bottle of champagne
- Bouquet of roses
- Chocolate-covered strawberries
- Full-body massage – one hour for each of you
- Romantic carriage ride through the historic streets of Lexington (April-October)
Celebrate that special occasion – and that special someone – with a weekend at the Hummingbird.
$795 plus tax per couple
Relax and renew at the Hummingbird!
Personalized, printed gift certificates to the Hummingbird Inn, a Lexington VA area bed and breakfast, are the perfect gift for any occasion. Purchase them for a specific type of room (whirlpool tub, canopied bed) or for a specific amount and we’ll get it out in the next mail. In a hurry? We can fax, or overnight mail a gift certificate to you.
Just call us at 1-800-397-3214 from 9:30 am to 9:30 pm Eastern time or complete the form on our website. We’ll be happy to help you design a gift certificate that fits your needs.
Massage PackagePrice from: $255
Looking for something fun and different to do with your best friend, your sister, spouse, partner or even your mom? How about getting a whole group together and renting the entire inn? Your “Massage Day” starts with a massage therapist arriving after breakfast to teach you relaxation techniques. Then you’ll get full-body massages to help melt away stress! The next day visit the nearby warm mineral springs at Jefferson Pools to “take the waters” for a relaxing and rejuvenating soak.
Two-night weekday packages start at $255/person, double occupancy.
Wedding PackagesPrice from: $899
- Two night stay in choice of room
- Marriage, renewal of vows, or commitment service with minister or officiate
- Ribbon-tied bridal bouquet
- Small wedding cake
- Bottle of champagne or sparkling cider for toasts
- Full country breakfast served in the dining room
- $50 GiftCard for dinner at the restaurant of your choice
- Fresh flowers and chocolate-covered strawberries in your room
- Bride and Groom gifts
- Ceremony can be held indoors or out, your choice of site – bring your own music CD for us to play, if you wish.
- Two-night rental of all five guest rooms for the bridal couple and their friends and families (total of ten people which includes the bride and groom)
- Marriage service with minister or officiate
- Lovely professional bridal bouquet with choice of flowers and boutonniere for the groom
- Two-layer wedding cake with your choice of flavors and fillings
- Champagne or sparkling cider for toasts
- Full country breakfast served in our dining room each morning
- Family dinner for ten
- Fresh flowers in all guest rooms
- Bride and Groom gifts
- The ceremony can be held indoors in front of the fireplace in our living room or outside in our gardens, weather permitting.
- If you have a larger group, tents and reception food services are available (with a corresponding adjustment in the package price.)
The Hummingbird Inn, a Lexington VA area bed and breakfast, is the perfect setting for those couples wishing a small, casual celebration with a personal touch. We strive to make your day exactly what you want, with warm memories to last you in the years to come. We offer a beautiful, relaxed setting in which to take your vows. Our large living room and lovely gardens give you a choice of sites for the ceremony.
We welcome all couples, and will work with you to personalize and customize your special day. If you wish, we can arrange for a local minister or officiate.
"Just Us Two" Package:
Total cost, taxes included: $899
This package must be reserved in advance and requires a $100 non-refundable deposit, payable at time of reservation.
Small, Intimate Wedding Package:
Total cost, taxes included: $3500.
This package requires a $500 non-refundable deposit, payable at time of reservation. The balance must be paid one month in advance of the wedding date.
If you’re looking for a wedding from 2 to more than 100 guests, please call and we can discuss arrangements.