The Hummingbird Inn
So…What Do You Think of Those Sheets..??
That is a question you might have heard while finishing up a breakfast at the Hummingbird. And for those of you yet to visit, you will see why we ask.
So we decided to make it so you couldn’t say no.
2 nights at the Hummingbird Inn PLUS your choice of either a Queen($143) or King($149) set of Hummingbird Inn bedsheets at $100 off the combined total! &That’s like getting the sheets for less than $50!!
If you already have a future regular reservation, you can add the sheets at the same offering price. Buy the package for yourself. Buy it for a gift
Purchase and travel by April 2015.
In Appreciation for your Service
We offer a 10% discount to active duty military in appreciation for your service. If you're just coming back from a deployment abroad and want some special time together, consider a "Romance Package" with wine, flowers, and chocolates, or a picnic on the porch, or a special massage for two after breakfast. Call us with your ideas and we'll help you make it as special as it should be... and we guarantee NO sand!
And...baby makes 3Price from: $725
- 2 nights in either the Alleghany or Franklin Room (Jacuzzi bath, a must)
- Roses, chocolate-covered strawberries, parkling cider for Mom and wine for Dad (in your room when you arrive)
- Milk and cookies at bedtime
- Full breakfast each morning
- A couple's massage (with doctors OK for Mom, please)
- A carriage ride in Historic Lexington
- Gift certificate for dinner
- Special gift for baby
Your lives are about to change. Your family is growing, and your chance to get away, just the two of you, won't be any easier at least for a while! Celebrate your changing family and changing lives by taking a few days to pamper yourselves before you start pampering the new addition with your Babymoon Getaway.
Wedding PackagesPrice from: $899
- Two night stay in choice of room
- Marriage, renewal of vows, or commitment service with minister or officiate
- Ribbon-tied bridal bouquet
- Small wedding cake
- Bottle of champagne or sparkling cider for toasts
- Full country breakfast served in the dining room
- $50 GiftCard for dinner at the restaurant of your choice
- Fresh flowers and chocolate-covered strawberries in your room
- Bride and Groom gifts
- Ceremony can be held indoors or out, your choice of site – bring your own music CD for us to play, if you wish.
- Two-night rental of all five guest rooms for the bridal couple and their friends and families (total of ten people which includes the bride and groom)
- Marriage service with minister or officiate
- Lovely professional bridal bouquet with choice of flowers and boutonniere for the groom
- Two-layer wedding cake with your choice of flavors and fillings
- Champagne or sparkling cider for toasts
- Full country breakfast served in our dining room each morning
- Family dinner for ten
- Fresh flowers in all guest rooms
- Bride and Groom gifts
- The ceremony can be held indoors in front of the fireplace in our living room or outside in our gardens, weather permitting.
- If you have a larger group, tents and reception food services are available (with a corresponding adjustment in the package price.)
The Hummingbird Inn, a Lexington VA area bed and breakfast, is the perfect setting for those couples wishing a small, casual celebration with a personal touch. We strive to make your day exactly what you want, with warm memories to last you in the years to come. We offer a beautiful, relaxed setting in which to take your vows. Our large living room and lovely gardens give you a choice of sites for the ceremony.
We welcome all couples, and will work with you to personalize and customize your special day. If you wish, we can arrange for a local minister or officiate.
"Just Us Two" Package:
Total cost, taxes included: $899
This package must be reserved in advance and requires a $100 non-refundable deposit, payable at time of reservation.
Small, Intimate Wedding Package:
Total cost, taxes included: $3500.
This package requires a $500 non-refundable deposit, payable at time of reservation. The balance must be paid one month in advance of the wedding date.
If you’re looking for a wedding from 2 to more than 100 guests, please call and we can discuss arrangements.
Those Little Extras
We need to have advance notice for lunch and picnics. We normally do our food shopping on Wednesday or Thursday, so calling a few days before your arrival will ensure your reservation!
Lunch "To Go" - $30 for two
Ready to head for the trails at Goshen Pass or Douthat Park – take along sandwiches, chips, fruit, dessert, and soft drinks/water.
Picnic Basket (in your room or to go) - $50 for two
Don’t feel like heading out for dinner when you arrive? Enjoy a picnic basket or platter of seasonal goodies that includes deli meats, variety of cheeses, veggies or cold salads, fruit, artisan bread & dessert and water or soda. It’s really a fun feast! Ask about adding a bottle of Virginia wine ($10)
Wine & Cheese Basket - $40
To be enjoyed in doors or take out to the wraparound porch or peaceful deck overlooking Mill Creek. A bottle of regional red/white wine, a selection of local cheeses and crackers and for dessert – chocolates.
Wine – $15
A bottle of Virginia Wine, red or white, to compliment your stay.
Champagne – $25
A little bubbly to celebrate that special occasion….or just because.
Just Chocolates – $20
Chocolate and more chocolate. Keep it simple.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries – $20
Nothing says yummy like chocolate covered strawberries. And sometimes, that is all you need.
Romance Package - $30
A bottle of wine and chocolate-covered strawberries…for your pleasure
Special Occasion Package - $55
Celebrate with a bouquet of roses, chocolate-covered strawberries and a chilled bottle of champagne to toast that special something or someone!
Mimosas at Breakfast – $12Start one day with one of the world’s most popular drinks. Price is for two people.
Birthday / Anniversary Cake - $20
A special occasion, a special celebration deserves a special cake…white or chocolate, you favorite!
Massage in your room - $100 per hour
A relaxing massage for one, a couple’s massage over the course of two hours, or share the hour with your partner
Roses – $25No matter the message, nothing says it like roses. Got something to say?
Horse-drawn Carriage Ride (1hr) through historic Lexington - $15 per person
We offer a slight discount over buying your tickets on site in Lexington. Carriage rides are only available during the warmer months.