Governor's Trace Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Governor's Trace Bed & Breakfast "Vies for the most romantic (B&B in Williamsburg)" Washington Post.
Let each morning begin with a leisurely, candlelit, full breakfast served in the privacy of your room. Every bedroom has a comfortable sitting area and a breakfast nook and either a king or queen size canopied bed and private bath. One bedroom has a real woodburning fireplace! Another has an adjoining private, screened-in porch.
This historically significant Georgian brick home built during the restoration period of Colonial Williamsburg sits on over a half acre and is just a minute walk from George Washington's favorite tavern there -- Christiana Campbell's.
Your hosts, Sue and Dick Lake, have made Governor's Trace B&B the TouchStone for romantic getaways.
"We chose Governor's Trace for its reputation as one of Virginia's most romantic spots -- a reputation well deserved." - L&P, Raleigh, NCBreakfast is a private affair. You don't have to be dressed for the day when we serve breakfast (we provide robes.) If you're not a morning person, that's O.K. We won't ask you any questions (but we'll be happy to answer any of yours.) We give you a choice of two times for breakfast each day...one for early birds and one for those who prefer a few extra winks. Enjoy being pampered with a private, candlelit breakfast each morning.
Cross this threshold and have a uniquely romantic, private, and memory making experience at Governor's Trace bed and breakfast. Located just a minute walk from George Washington's favorite tavern in Colonial Williamsburg, Governor's Trace B&B is the closest Williamsburg bed and breakfast to the Historic Area, just a 30 second walk and you have arrived. Governor's Trace is also the oldest continuously operating bed and breakfast in Williamsburg, VA. Sue & Dick Lake, innkeepers with more than 25 years experience in operating this bed and breakfast in Williamsburg, have created an environment that allows you to make the most of being alone---together. Governor's Trace "vies for the most romantic" (bed and breakfast in Williamsburg)
What's so special about Governor's Trace? Well, just about everything, we think, but we'll let you be the judge. We have some of the most spacious B&B rooms in town. Each room measures about 15 X 20 feet, and that's not even counting the adjoining porches! All of the rooms have a comfortable sitting and a breakfast area, ensuite private baths, and either a king or queen size bed. For allergy sufferers, rest assured we do not have feather beds nor feather pillows. Location, location, location---park your car behind the B&B & leave it; the historic area is just a 30 second walk away! Now that's special!
- Full candlelit breakfast served in the privacy of your room every morning and no extra charge ever, or it can also be served on your private screened-in porch, weather permitting, and your choice of two times for breakfast.
- Two bedrooms have adjoining porches
- Common area with wood burning fireplace, library and games.
- One bedroom has its own wood burning fireplace
- Guest controlled heating in each bedroom
- Central air conditioning
- Ceiling fans in each room
- Free Wi Fi
- Iron, ironing boards, and hair dryers available
- Ice buckets with ice provided in each room, cork screws and wine glasses available
- Bath soaps & shampoo packaged especially for Governor's Trace.
- Terry cloth robes
- Extra pillows & extra blankets
- Guest phone available
- Menu book of local restaurants available in each room, discount coupons for some restaurants
- Off street parking on our own property with security/safety motion lighting
- Refreshments offered every afternoon when you return
- 2, 3 and 4 night packages
- Suggested touring itinerary from your experienced hosts
- Gift certificates available
Distances from our driveway
Just a 30 second walk and you’re there.
An 8 mile ride along the Colonial Parkway.
A 12 mile journey along the Colonial Parkway
A 6 minute straight away drive.
Water Country USA
An easy 15 minute drive.
College of William & Mary
Just a mile down the road.
About a 15 minute drive.
Approximately 20 minutes away.
Williamsburg Pottery Factory
About 15 minutes away.
How to Find Us
- Take exit #238 off I-64 toward Colonial Williamsburg
- Turn right on route 132 South then left onto Lafayette Street (2nd traffic light)
- The first left off Lafayette is Capitol Landing Road
- Governor's Trace is the second driveway on the right - 303 Capitol Landing Road