Governor's Trace Bed & Breakfast
The Alexander Spotswood room just has it all! Imagine on those cool nights curling up on your king-size, waist high, four poster bed with a ceiling hung canopy while your wood burning fireplace crackles in the background. In the summer time, a fireplace candelabra sets the mood. Enjoy breakfast in your room or on your very own private screened-in porch.
Baron De Botetourt
The BARON DE BOTETOURT room has a queen-size wrought iron and brass verdigris bed. Interior plantation shutters filter early morning light to coax you gently awake…just in time for breakfast served in your room. This room is a favorite of honeymooners and lends its special romantic charm to any occasion, any time of the year. Pick your occasion to spend with us.
- The Francis Nicholson room features:
- Colonial style canopy bed
- Spacious sitting area
Step out of this room onto your adjoining large private screened-in porch where you can watch our resident hummingbirds dart about as you linger over breakfast. This porch is also a great place to relax and unwind after a busy day in Williamsburg.
Rates and Reservations
Each of our rooms at Governor’s Trace bed and breakfast are named after one of the English Royal Governor’s of Virginia during the 18th century. Francis Nicholson was instrumental in creating the College of William & Mary and was largely responsible for laying out the city of Williamsburg. Baron de Botetourt was the most popular of the Royal Governors, and a statue honoring him stands in front of the Wren Building on the William & Mary campus. Alexander Spotswood, considered one of the ablest of the Royal Governors, completed the Governor’s Palace in Colonial Williamsburg in 1722. The name Governor’s Trace comes from the notion that each of the Royal Governors made numerous trips up and down Capitol Landing Road in front of our building to meet the English ships bringing news and supplies from the homeland, thus leaving the governor’s “trace” near our doorsteps.
- Francis Nicholson room: $165 a night
- Baron de Botetourt room: $165 a night
- Alexander Spotswood room: $185 a night
- A reservation of one or two nights requires a one night room deposit
- Reservations of three or more nights require a deposit of 50% of the total reservation cost
- Any reservation made less than 14 days prior to the date of arrival requires full payment in advance
- Payment may be made by Visa, Mastercard, or Discover.
- A two-night minimum stay is required on weekends and three nights over some holidays and special events.
- We accommodate adults only.
- This is a smoke free B&B.
- No pets.
Cancellations: A full refund of your deposit will be made if cancellation notice is provided at least 14 days prior to the beginning of your reservation. If notice is less than 14 days, the full amount will be refunded provided we are able to rebook the entire reservation. A 30 day cancellation notice is required for the month of December and certain other long holiday periods. A $15 administrative fee may be charged for any cancellation.