Table Of Contents
Enjoy the beauty and serenity of the Whitewater River Valley from the 112 foot long veranda. You may lounge in comfort antique furniture or in a hammock while you listen to the river and experience the beauty of nature.
- The Hermitage is situated on the edge and adjacent to the town park of this historic 1804 town.
- This location makes available, within walking distance, outdoor activities such as jogging, fishing, hiking, swimming, picnicking, biking and touring Brookville's historic sites.
- A short distance away is Brookville Lake with boating and fishing, canoeing on the river, and an 18-hole golf course and camping.
- The Hermitage is 10 minutes east of Metamora, a historic 1835 Canal town with many shops and attractions.
- A short 30 minute drive will take you to Oxford, Ohio, home of Miami University.
- Meetings and special occasions can be accommodated. Lunches and dinners by reservation are available.
- Tour South Central Indiana's historic covered bridge communities.
The original house was built in 1835. In 1898 noted Indiana artists, J. Ottis Adams and T.C. Steele selected this site to set up their home and studios, where the Hoosier Group painted for several years.
Available is a lovely turn-of-the-century library with antique books, magazines and a wood burning fireplace.
Tour the 19 room house and join the hostess and other guests for refreshments and conversation in the living room or art studios.
This old historic house lends itself as a lovely place for small weddings.
Weddings at The Hermitage