Based upon two works by Brenham's own Candilynn Fite-Writer, Earth's Melodies (Room 2), provides tranquility and comfort rarely enjoyed. Private bathroom has a tub/shower combination.
Big Red Truck
The Big Red Truck, a work by Ann Karol of Fort Worth, Texas, provides the vision for this room. Bright without weighing heavily on the senses, confidently optimistic without arrogance, relaxed yet sophisticated, this room will delight. Private bathroom has a shower/tub combination.
With colors and textures inspired by the works of Leiann Klein of Miami, Florida, Old Victoria will leave you rested, recharged and ready to take on the day.
Probably the only facet of the jewel that is Main Street House which has remained un-touched is the frosted door separating the bathroom from the bedchamber.
Leiann's work can be seen in other areas of the house, such as on each room's door (she designed the font and hand painted the room numbers) as well as in the kitchen.
Private bathroom has a low step shower.
Bridging The Divide
The shiplap walls drew in the works by Joyce McCown of St. Louis, Missouri, Bridging the Divide (actually named "Language is a Nice Bridge, but Sometimes You Need a Boat", obviously too long to engrave on a door medallion), a simply natural fit. But please, don't try to connect the split bathroom... you'll never make it! Private bathroom has a low step shower.
Thought Cloud (Room 1), named for the works of art by Joyce McCown of St. Louis, Missouri, is located on the ground floor in the front of the building. It includes an amazing king size bed, a sitting/reading area, and of course a private full bath with a low step shower.
The Fine Print
- CHILDREN UNDER TWELVE (12) YEARS OF AGE ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- PETS are not allowed. Service animals are welcome. Please advise us of your service animal when you reserve your room, or as soon after as practical.
- NO SMOKING INDOORS. There is a $500 fee per night if you smoke inside.
- Check-in: Self Check-in begins at 3:00 PM. When your room is ready, and your credit card has been charged, we will send you a text message. In the message we will include the entry door code so you can begin your stay when it's convenient for you.
- Check-out: 11:00 AM Monday through Saturday, and 12 noon on Sunday (because everyone needs a little more time on Sunday!). Just leave your key in your room door, and let the property host host know you're leaving, or please text us good bye.
- Stair Access Only: We have two (2) rooms on the ground floor, and three (3) rooms on the second floor - we DO NOT have an elevator.
- Two or More Night Stays:On the occasions when a multiple night stay is requested or required, guests must book the same room for all nights, when available. Switching rooms is not allowed unless there are no single rooms available for the length of your entire stay.
- Group Bookings: Bookings or reservations of three (3) rooms or more is considered a Group Booking, regardless of the booking channel. If an individual or group of individuals reserve rooms, separately or together, or under alias names, totaling three (3) or more rooms for the same or similar stays, e.g. weddings, social events, meetings, etc.; Main Street House reserves the right to enforce Group Terms and Conditions for these reservations and/or refuse the bookings made in this manner. If you have questions about booking Group accommodations at Main Street House, please call during our normal business hours (979) 221-2051.
- Un-registered Guests: Due to the intimacy of the home, and self-serve amenities, non-registered guests are not allowed at Main Street House without prior arrangements being made. However, feel free to entertain one or two friends on the front porch between 3:00 PM and 8:00 PM.
- Rates/policies are subject to change and vary during high impact periods and for special requests.
To hold your room(s), we require valid credit card information at the time of your reservation That card will be charged on the day of your arrival.
Cancellations of Weekday Visits (Sunday - Thursday): 24 hour notice of cancellation is required. Check-in time is 3:00PM, therefore we would need to know by 3:00PM the day before your scheduled arrival of your cancellation. If you must cancel within 24 hours of your visit, we will not charge your card if we are able to re-rent your room. If we are not able to re-rent your room, we will charge your card 100% of the guest room charges for the first day of your scheduled visit.
Cancellations of Weekend Visits (Friday and Saturday): 10 day notice of cancellation is required. Check-in time is 3:00PM, therefore we would need to know of your cancellation by 3:00PM at least 10 days prior to your scheduled arrival. If you must cancel within 10 days of your visit, we will not charge your card if we are able to re-rent your room. If we are not able to re-rent your room, we will charge your card 100% of the guest room charges for any day not re-rented.
Group Bookings, Special Events, High Demand Periods and Corporate Bookings are each subject to the payment and cancellation terms and conditions of their individual agreements with Main Street House.