Baked Eggs FlorentineFrom CASA ESCONDIDA BED & BREAKFAST
Prep Time:20 min.
Cooking Time:25 min. or until golden brown
Yield:8 - 10
This fluffy baked breakfast cassorle is flavorful but light.
- 4 Whole eggs 1/2 t dried basil or 1 t chopped fresh basil 1 T Garlic, chopped 2 T Sour Cream 1/2 box of Cream Cheese, softened 1 C Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded 1/4 C of half & half (or milk if you don’t have half & half on hand) 1 1/2 T Red Chile Powder (we use mild Chimayo chile) Salt & Peppter 1 Medium Red Onion, chopped
- 6 Eggs - separated (store & refrigerate eggs whites)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried basil or 1 t chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1/2 box Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 Cup Half & half (or milk if you don’t have half & half)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Red Chile Powder (we use mild Chimayo chile)
- Sprinkle Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Medium Red Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Bag, thawed, chopped spinach (or fresh if you have it)
Mix all of the above listed ingredients, excpet the egg whites.
Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and fold into the batter. If you are preparing this as a make-ahead dish, wait to beat the egg whites until you are preparing to bake.
Spray a baking dish. Pour the mix into the baking dish and sprinkle with a little more shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake at 375 for 20 – 25 minutes until puffed and golden brown.We use individual baking dishes for our guests but you can use a large baking dish and simply cut the baked Florentine into individual portions and then plate and