Briar Patch Bed and Breakfast
The Violet Room
The Violet Room is a wonderful room with dormer windows and thick walls in the oldest part of the house. In fact, it was the sleeping area of the original house, which was a log cabin. This room features the only king size bed in the house. It has a stand alone fireplace and windows on three sides with a view of Bull Run Mountain. There is a dressing area that contains a desk, bookshelves, and closet. The Violet Room shares a bath with the Hyacinth Room. The Violet and Hyacinth Rooms can be combined to create a fabulous suite with private bath.
The Lily Room
The Lily Room, a cozy room in peach, has a queen bed and windows on two sides. It shares a bathroom with the Carnation Room. The Lily and Carnation Rooms can be combined to create a suite with a private bath.
The Hyacinth Room
The Hyacinth Room is a lovely blue bedroom with a large fireplace. It has a queen canopy bed and a view of Bull Run Mountain. The bath is shared with the Violet Room. Combine the two and create a fabulous suite with private bath.
The Carnation Room
This turquoise room overlooking the pool has a queen bed. It is the smallest room in the house. It shares a bath with the Lily Room. The Lily and Carnation Rooms can be combined to create a suite with a private bath.
This fully equipped charming Virginia cottage is a separate small house located next to the main house. It contains a fully equipped kitchen with a refrigerator, small stove/oven, microwave, coffee maker, pots/pans, cooking utensils, dishware, silverware, and glassware. The dining area seats 4 to 8 people. The living room has a futon sofa that converts to a queen-sized bed. There is a TV with satellite channels, a DVD player with lots of movies available, and board games are provided.
The bedroom has a queen canopy bed and an exit with direct access to the hot tub and pool area. There is also a standalone electric fireplace and lots of closet space. The bathroom contains a huge claw-foot tub and a shower, as well as a large pedestal sink.
The cottage pricing is for up to 4-person occupancy. A cot or crib can be added for a fee of $25 per person per night. The cottage is ideal for family vacations, guests traveling with pets, and anyone who wants additional privacy. It is our most popular accommodation.
The Iris Room
The Iris Room is on the first floor of the main house and is in the oldest part of the house (circa 1805). In fact, this room and the room above it (the Violet Room) comprised the original house, which was a log cabin. The large fireplace in the Iris Room (which now has an electric insert) was where the cooking took place. This room has a queen bed and a private bath with a clawfoot tub/shower. It also contains a beamed ceiling, bookcases stocked with lots of books, and a sitting area in front of the fireplace. There is a private entrance/exit to the front porch and a view of Bull Run Mountain. The Iris Room is our most popular room in the main house.
The Rose Room
The Rose Room is the largest room on the second floor of the main house. It features a four-poster queen bed and sitting area with a settee and a vanity/desk. It has windows on two sides and has a great view of Bull Run Mountain. It shares a bathroom with the Sunflower Room. The Rose and Sunflower Rooms can be combined to create a spacious suite with private bath.
The Daisy Room
The Daisy Room is on the first floor of the main house and is in the "newest" part of the house (from the 1870s). It features a queen bed and a private bath with a claw-foot tub/shower. It has a private entrance/exit onto the back patio and pool/hot-tub area. The Daisy Room is located on the east end of the house and has windows on two sides with views of Bull Run Mountain and the horse fields.
The Sunflower Room
The Sunflower Room is a bright and sunny room that has a brass queen bed. With windows on two sides, it has great views of Bull Run Mountain and the horse pastures. It shares a bathroom with the Rose Room. The Sunflower and Rose Rooms can be combined into a spacious suite with private bath.
Whether you are planning a family vacation or a romantic weekend getaway for two, you will find our Virginia accommodations to be the perfect place to escape for a time. To ensure that all of our guests have the most pleasant and memorable stays, we have established the following policies:
Check-in & Check-out Times:
- Check-in time is at 4:00 pm or earlier by prior arrangement
- Check-out time is noon
Deposit, Payment Methods, and Cancellation Policies:
- If a reservation is cancelled 10 days or less before the arrival date, the cost of the reservation is forfeited unless we are able to re-book the room(s) or you wish to apply it to a future stay
- No shows (cancellations without notice) will be charged the entire amount of the reserved stay
- Reservations of three or more rooms require a thirty day cancellation notice
- See the weddings page for details on the weddings cancellation policy
- Weekends during high season, special events, and holidays may require a 2-night minimum stay
- There is a surcharge of $35 for a Saturday only stay in high season
- Our room rates are for single or double occupancy
- Suite rates are for two or four person occupancy
- Cottage rate is for 4 person occupancy
- Additional persons can be accommodated for a charge of $25 per person per night
- A full breakfast is served on weekends and a continental self-serve breakfast is provided weekdays in the large kitchen or outside on the patio weather permitting
- Responsible, parentally supervised children 8 or older are welcome in the main house
- Children of any age are welcome in the cottage
- Dogs and cats can be accommodated for a fee of $10 per night by prior arrangement
- Please read our pet policy in the Overview or on our website
- Smoking is permitted in limited areas outside only and not including the pool area.
Special Events and Group Rates:
Briar Patch is an ideal setting for a myriad of events including family reunions, company outings, small conferences or retreats, birthday or anniversary parties, as well as weddings. Bring in your own caterer or talk to us about our recommendations. Special discounts for non-profits, religious organizations, and government agencies.