The Home Place Bed & Breakfast
Mammy Williams occupied this room when she ran the "Home Place" as a boarding home in the late 1800's. The room has a king sized bed, and a private bath. This room and the adjacent Mun's room can be used as a suite.
(1st floor) Mun's room, named for a maternal great-grandmother, has a 3/4 bed, a twin bed and a wheel chair accessible bath. The room showcases a century old sampler made by Priscilla's Aunt Maggie who grew up in the house in the late 1800's.
Named for a maternal grandmother, this room has a queen sized bed with a headboard brought from Pennsylvania in a covered wagon by Priscilla's ancestors. The room is frequently used by couples such as honeymooners seeking a quiet get-a-way.
(2nd floor) This room is named for the traveling salesmen, called Drummer's, who rented rooms from Mammy when the house was a boarding home. It has two double beds.
The upstairs rooms can be rented separately or together as a suite. The suite share a bath with a Jacuzzi tub. Individuals desiring only one room with a private bath can ensure privacy by paying an extra $10 per night.
Guest Room Info
- Mammy's Room - $75/night
- Nanny's or Drummer's - $60/night (shared bath), $70 with private bath
- Mun's Room - $55/night
- Suite 4 persons - $100 per night
- Room rates include breakfasts with menus chosen by guests. On hand are items such as fresh fruit, cereals, home made breads, waffles, pancakes, biscuits, sausage, country ham, souffles, to mention a few. Special dietary needs can be accommodated with advance notice.
- Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservations will be held without an advance deposit in the amount of one night's stay.
- Deposits will be refunded only if cancellation notification is given at least 48 hours prior to scheduled arrival.
- Check-in time: varies according to guest needs
- Check-out time: normally 11:00 a.m.
Guest room pictures were photographed by Frank Young