Speedwell Forge B & B
Absolutely the best way to experience Lancaster County in this spacious yet cozy vacation home. Located on private property sharing Wolf Sanctuary of PA grounds, you can pass your time away in quiet splendor after a day of touring all that Lancaster County and surrounding counties have to offer. (Children 12 and older, no exceptions).
Relax and survey your territory while enjoying local wine and cheese. Listen to the wolves howl and howl back. Let the property wrap you and relax you. Come home to a simpler time, Lititz has much to offer. Book your three day or more vacation today.
- King size bed
- Radiant floor heating throughout
- 6 foot aquatic claw foot air tub
- Full kitchen
- Full sized living room
- Large outdoor deck
- 18 years of age and older, no exceptions
This Lancaster, Pennsylvania area accommodation is rich in both comfort and history. You can still see the window where forge employees were paid over 200 years ago!
Come here for your Pennsylvania honeymoon, and you may never want to leave -- with a full kitchen, you won't have to. Join us in the mansion for a full three-course breakfast, or make your own.
If you don't want to come over to the mansion for breakfast, upon request we will stock your kitchen with eggs, milk, juice, pancake mix, and syrup, plus plates, silverware, pots and pans. And we'll do the dishes! Book your getaway now!
Trivia: In the 18th century, the forge employees were paid here; the "paymaster's window" separates the main room from the kitchen. In the basement, stone reinforcement indicates where the vault was.
- Private cottage that overlooks the creek
- Vaulted ceiling
- Hardwood floors
- King-size bed
- Whirlpool bath
- Gas fireplace
- Wireless Internet access
- Cable TV
- Central heat/air
- Coffee maker
- Microwave are all included
Summer Kitchen Suite
If you are looking for average Lancaster, PA cottage rentals, this is not the place for you! This two-story private cottage has a bedroom loft upstairs and living room downstairs. Whether you're getting away from the kids or bringing them along (18 and older, please) for a Pennsylvania family vacation, traveling with friends or on a business trip by yourself, the Summer Kitchen Suite has it all.
Children 18 and older are welcome. Our home is a peaceful retreat for our guests and contains fragile furnishings. Maximum occupancy is 2.
Wolf Sanctuary of PA is located on the same property, with over 40 wolves enclosed on 30 plus acres. Please contact us if you have any questions or special requests.
Trivia: Before renovations, the Summer Kitchen was rented as a two-bedroom apartment. The 1,200-square-foot building was carved into eight tiny rooms!
- Cable TV with VCR/DVD
- Wide selection of movies
- Large private bath
- Queen bed upstairs and two twin beds downstairs
- An in-room whirlpool tub for two
- Gas fireplace
- A kitchenette with microwave, stove, refrigerator, coffee maker and even a dining table
- Cable TV with VCR and DVD player and a wide selection of movies
- Downstairs living room
- Wonderful views of the property, plus "wolf themed" decorations throughout
- Robes, hairdryer, wireless Internet access
- A full three-course breakfast all included at no extra charge
The master bedroom at our Pennsylvania Dutch Country Bed and Breakfast is bright and airy, with a high ceiling, large windows, and detailed woodworking. As with all of our rooms, this may be the cleanest, most comfortable stay of your life. We have the highest quality linens with all hypoallergenic pillows for a great nights sleep.
- Features a super comfortable queen-size bed with an open canopy
- Romantic fireplace
- A hand-carved corner closet
Gaze out the deep paneled window at the surrounding woodlands.
Trivia: The floors were also installed in the 1880s and most of the floorboards run the entire length of the room 13 feet without a break (And none of them squeak).
- Large and comfortable
- Private bath with a tub, shower, and pedestal sink
- Freestanding fireplace
- Two antique "three-quarter" beds (these beds are larger than twins but smaller than full, perfect for two individuals traveling together)
- Matching Eastlake marble-topped dresser
- Nightstand and two comfortable chairs
- Electric fireplace that can be used any time of the year--it does not generate heat, but still adds that warm touch to make any evening special
- Two closets: A modern one, added in the 1940s, and a hand-carved corner closet added in the 1880s
- Complete with wireless Internet access
- A MP3 alarm clock
- Full three-course breakfast
- "Run of the house" access to the parlor and library
Trivia: The room originally belonged to Dawn's father, Bill. When Dawn was a child, she loved to hide in the closet.
- Quiet, comfortable, and cozy room
- A queen-size antique sleigh bed
- Seating area
- Private bath (shower only)
- Enjoy a lovely view of the property, including the creek, and one of the most unusual features of the mansion: A curved wall with a built-in closet
- Cable TV provided on request
- Small seating area
- An authentic Amish quilt
- Wireless Internet access
- Cable TV with CD player
- Perfect for couples, singles, and business travelers
- You'll enjoy access to the parlor and library
- A full three-course breakfast each morning (Business travelers, please let me know if you need a breakfast to go)
Policies & Miscellaneous Information
By making a reservation, you are agreeing with our policies:
Check-In & Check-Out
- Check-in: 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. or by prior arrangement
- Check-out: 11 a.m.
- Please, if you are going to be later than 6pm, call me
- Reservations require a one night's stay or 50% of the total reservation amount, whichever is greater to hold your room
- Deposits can be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, debit cards, personal checks, traveler's checks or cash
- Balance is due upon arrival
When a guest makes a reservation for a stay at Speedwell Forge B&B we agree to turn away all other requests for the room you select and you agree to pay the rate quoted for the number of days you reserve it. A small bed and breakfast such as ours is significantly affected by cancellations and we appreciate your consideration of our policies. Therefore, we adhere to a strict cancellation policy.
- We require 10 days cancellation notice on all reservations
- Cancellations within 10 days of your scheduled arrival date will be charged one night's stay or 50% of the total reservation amount, whichever is greater
- Cancellations within 2 days of your scheduled arrival date will be charged the full amount of the reservation
- This includes "No-shows" and premature check-outs
- Vacation Insurance is available from several providers online to inexpensively protect you against covered unexpected events
- If you cancel before the deadline, you will only be charged a $25 non refundable cancellation fee, and the balance of your deposit will be returned
- After the deadline, you will be billed as noted above unless we can re-rent the room or cottage (We will make every effort to do so)
- Note: Longer cancellation periods will be applied to multi-room bookings
- Please call for more information
- Cancellations must be made directly by calling and speaking to an innkeeper or by e-mail with a confirmed response
- Smoking is not permitted inside any of the buildings
- A cleaning fee of $500 will be assessed for any violations
- Our home is a peaceful retreat for our guests; and contains fragile furnishings
- Children 18 and older are welcome
- Sorry, we cannot accommodate pets
- There are several kennels in the area that may be able to accommodate your pet
- Please check local listings
- All rates based on double occupancy
- Maximum occupancy in all rooms is 2 except for the Summer Kitchen, which sleeps 4, no exceptions
- $11 dollar discount on singles
- $30 fee for returned checks
- We are not handicap-accessible (All rooms require stairs except the Paymaster's Office, which has one step)
- If you have food Allergies, restrictions and other needs, please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions, are vegan or vegetarian or have other special requirements (A good example would be on medication that precludes grapefruit)