The Captain's Manor Inn
Located on the second floor, the Forbes room is named after Henrietta Forbes, the New Orleans bride of Captain Albert Nye. This recently remodeled room has 9 foot ceilings and two ample original plantation style windows with shutters that provide lovely natural light. The North window offers a beautiful view of the front garden and stone walkway winding through the wrought iron gate and pink granite pillars. A spacious 3 x 5 tiled shower with rain shower head and a hand held shower are in your private bathroom along with a pedestal sink and ample additional corian shelf space. Two comfortable Elizabethan chairs offer a private spot to relax and unwind. Rate $150-250, double occupancy.
Golden faux finished walls provide a warm setting for this recently remodeled first floor corner guest room with its four poster queen bed, comfortable seating area and large armoire for ample clothing storage. The Lawrence room is graced with 13 foot ceilings and crown moldings that create a spacious feeling. The room also features two plantation style windows which look out onto the wrap around verandah and the park like front garden entrance to the Inn. The private bath is reminiscent of a 19th century water closet or European style bathroom with a shower stall. Rate $150-230, double occupancy
The Nye Room is named after ship Captain Andrew Nye who built The Captain's Manor Inn in 1849. The Nye room is an elegant room that was recently remodeled while maintaining the architectural charm of 9 foot ceilings and period plantation windows with wood shutters. A comfortable seating area provides you with a cozy reading respite spot. The petite window seat on the East side of the room offers a view of the historic Falmouth Village green. The North window looks down upon the front garden and stone walkway that leads through the wrought iron gate surrounded by pink granite pillars. The bathroom hosts a pedestal sink with ample additional corian shelf space and a 3 by 5 foot tiled shower with rain shower head and a hand held shower. Rate $150-250, double occupancy.
This uniquely decorated room features hand printed trompe l'oeil murals. The room's paintings evoke a feeling of beautiful Tuscany through the use of warm shades of yellows, browns, greens, and other natural earth tones from the Tuscany color palate. Past guests have remarked on the bright atmosphere of the room and feeling that they are staying in a room reflecting the outdoors. The sitting area has two wing back reclining chairs and a beautiful view of the backyard lawn, gardens and gazebo. A large closet with shelves provides plenty of storage space. A hand painted sink adorns one corner of the room and a separate private bath hosts a European style shower stall. The Tuscany room now features a King size bed. Rate $175-275, double occupancy.
King size bed
Named for the lovely king canopy bed that offers a comfortable respite from the day, the canopy room is located on the second floor and enjoys wonderful afternoon sun. Like the other rooms on the floor the Canopy room has two original plantation windows with shutters providing natural light and a feeling of expansiveness in the room. The South window sitting area affords our guests with a tranquil view of the backyard lawn, gardens and gazebo. The Canopy room has plenty of closet space. A detailed hand painted pedestal sink in the corner of the room is separate from the room’s oversize private bathroom which features an additional sink as well as a custom tiled 3 x 5 foot shower with rain shower head and hand held shower.
Our most private guest room located on the top floor, the Bates room is named after Katherine Lee Bates, author of “America the Beautiful” and a Falmouth neighbor who lived across from the Inn when she was a youngster. The Bates room feels ever more spacious with its 9 foot ceilings and expansive windows which provide beautiful views of the back gardens as well as sunrises and sunsets. Enjoy the welcoming corner fireplace and comfortable sitting area while reading a book or watching TV as you relax after a fun day on the Cape. A spacious 3 x 5 foot tiled shower with rain shower head and a hand held shower await you in your private bathroom along with a pedestal sink and ample shelf space.
This first floor guest room is named after Jonathan Hatch who along with Isaac Robinson founded the town of Falmouth, Massachusetts in 1660. Some highlights of the Hatch room are the grand 12 foot ceilings along with expansive windows offering beautiful views of the back gardens. We invite you to relax in front of the corner fireplace in your comfortable sitting area. A lovely bathroom is a real treat when traveling and in the Hatch private bathroom you can enjoy an oversized custom tiled bathroom featuring claw foot soaking rub and a spacious 4 x 7 foot tiled shower with two rain shower heads and a hand held shower. This room is also designed to be handicap accessible.
Rate is based on season and double occupancy.
King size bed
This garden level guest room is named after Isaac Robinson who along with Jonathan Hatch founded the town of Falmouth, Ma. in 1660. A unique feature of the Robinson room is the outdoor covered patio area and private entrance to access your room in addition to having access from the Inn itself. Two comfortable wing back chairs complement the corner fireplace that is part of your sitting area. Your private oversized custom tiled bathroom features a spacious 3 x 6 foot tiled shower with rain shower head and a hand held shower along with a separate large soaking tub.
- Minimum Stay: A three night minimum is required Memorial day weekend, July 4th weekend, Labor day weekend, Columbus day weekend and certain special events. Otherwise a two night minimum is standard. A reduced stay will be accepted within 14 days of all weekends and holidays.
- Payment and Deposits: Prepayment is required for one night's stay. Stays of two or more nights require a 50 percent deposit to guarantee your reservation. Deposits, by credit card only (MasterCard, Visa or Discover), will be processed at the time the reservation is made. The balance is due upon arrival, by cash, credit card or travelers' check.
- Reservations are subject to Massachusetts state and local lodging tax rates which together total 9.7%
- Cancellation Policy: As a small property cancellations affect us greatly. In the unfortunate situation where you need to cancel your reservation, deposits are refundable ( less $25 per room service charge) on reservations canceled more than 14 days prior to arrival. Deposits are refundable on reservations canceled within 14 days of arrival based on re-rental of the room for the nights reserved, less $25 per room service charge. On reservations made more than six months in advance or multiple room reservations, a 30-day cancellation policy applies. Changes and modifications in existing reservations are subject to the above 14/30-day cancellation policy.
- Check-in Time: 3 to 6 pm. Please contact us if you require a check-in after 6 pm.
- Check-out Time: 11 am
- We greatly appreciate your respect for our check-in and check-out times as we have a small window of time to prepare the inn for new arrivals.
- Parking: Parking (one space per room, nothing in tow) is available for registered guests only.
- Smoking For the safety and comfort of all our guests, The Captain's Manor Inn is a non-smoking inn.
- Pets We cannot accommodate pets.