Cinnamon Swirl Mini BiscuitsFrom BROOKSIDE MANOR BED & BREAKFAST
Prep Time:10-15 minutes
Yield:22-24 mini muffins
Cinnamon, butter, and sugar wrapped in a vanilla scented mini biscuit.
- 6 Tablespoons butter for filling
- 2/3 cup sugar for filling
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons cinnamom (we use vietnamese) for filling
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour, all purpose (we use King Arthur Brand)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar (if not available, use 2 teaspoons baking powder and no baking soda)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (do use if using baking powder)
- 1/3 cup milk (your favorite)
- 1 each large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Peheat oven to 425 F
Make filling by placing butter in covered bowl and melting 6 tablesoons butter in microwave for 30 secons on high.
Add 2/3 cup sugar and 2 Tablesppons cinnamon. Mix and set aside.
In a clean mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix until a soft dough forms.
Remove from mixing bowl and place on floured surface. Pat and roll into a rectangle. Approx. 10" X 15".
With the long side of rectangle facing you, smear your filling over surface.
Roll the dough/filling up (jelly roll style) starting with the long side.
Place the seam down.
Cut into 22-24 pieces.
Place into greased mini-muffin pan.
Sprinkle with sugar.
Bake 12-15 minutes in a 425 F oven.
Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.