Table Of Contents
Log House Homestead B & B offers country seclusion. Sit in the rocking chairs on the porch overlooking the pond or stroll along country roads by fields and woods. Whatever the season there are nearby places to visit and things to do.
- Visit North Bend State Park.
- Hike or bike North Bend Rail Trail just ¼ mile away.
- Browse in Berdine's 5 and Dime Store in Harrisville,
- Visit nearby specialty, antique, and craft shops, and museums.
- Golf at North Bend Golf Course in Harrisville.
Other Regional Attractions
- Fort Boreman Historical Park
- Blebberhassett Island Historic State Park
- Holl's Chocolates
- Oil and Gas Museum
- Henderson Hall
Nearby Special Events (Check with Park for 2022 schedule)
- Mountain Biking - North Bend State Park
- Quest Adventures - North Bend State Park
- Blue Grass Weekend - North Bend State Park
- Wheels & Engines - North Bend State Park
- Country Roads Festival - Pennsboro
- Ritchie County Fair - Harrisville
- Wild Foods/ Nature Weekend - North Bend State Park
- Volcano Days - Mountwood Park
Welcome to the Log House Homestead
Log House Homestead Bed and Breakfast is an ideal Guest House - for a honeymoon, anniversary, or special occasion. It’s down a quiet country lane, off the beaten path. For a West Virginia vacation, the wooded hills of Ritchie County in the Mid-Ohio Valley are the ideal location for this WV Bed and Breakfast in the Greater Parkersburg area. For those looking for a vacation cabin, this hand-hewn Log House is a historical representation of West Virginia culture and heritage. The structure, architecture, and furnishings are of the 1820’s, but with amenities of the 21st century. Think of it as a museum you can stay in – not just walk through. Come look inside. After a restful night, guests enjoy a hearty country breakfast. This delightful culinary experience is brought to your door each morning of your visit. All of this … at reasonable rates!
Each season brings a special uniqueness of its own. Thousands of daffodils welcome the coming of spring; owls calling to each other and polliwogs singing from the pond usher in summer evenings; a multitude of colored foliage provides the backdrop for fall; the glimmer of icicles hanging from the porch and snow covering the ground encourage guests to gather in front of the stone fireplace. Each season brings a new pleasure at Log House Homestead B & B.
Log House Homestead B & B was visited by the TV show Barnwood Builders during their episode entitled "Old School" which continues to be rerun. The /Builders admired the new log building construction and noted the many traditional techniques used.