The Black Horse Inn Bed & Breakfast
How to Handle All of the Questions About Your Wedding 13 Feb 2017, 2:42 pm
Getting engaged is one of the happiest and most wonderful moments in your life – but as soon as you make it public, you might be stormed by a variety of questions you simply don’t have an answer for yet. How to handle all of them? How to answer the wedding-related questions when you haven’t got a clue of what step to take next?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- The simplest way to answer all wedding-related questions right after the engagement is by telling people the truth: you haven’t decided on anything just yet. Most of them will understand that you have just put that ring on your finger and are still trying to figure out what you want for your wedding.
- If anyone tries to push even more questions on you, mention that you don’t want to take any decisions yet, as you want your families to discuss things first. This is a vague answer, but it is simple and easy to understand enough.
- If, however, this strategy doesn’t yield any results, turn the question towards the person who asked it in the first place. Most people love talking about them, so asking them what they did for their wedding and asking for their advice will most likely take you from the spotlight and put them in the center of attention. Not only will you politely decline their question, but also “steal” from some of their ideas too!
Looking for a splendid wedding venue in Virginia? You should definitely come and see Black Horse Inn. Beautiful, elegant, and absolutely timeless, our wedding venue is here to ensure your wedding day is a gorgeous, as magical, and as full of romance as you have always wanted it to be!
Photo source: flickr.com/ numfoto
Useful Tips a Bride Will Want to Use to Plan Her Wedding 6 Feb 2017, 5:43 pm
If you are like most brides-to-be, you want your perfect wedding – but you also know there’s a lot of stress and hard-work involved in planning such a huge, unique event. How to do it? Here are some of the best wedding planning tips to remember:
- You need a plan. Going to battle without a plan can be downright destructive – so make sure you create a plan you can actually follow through. See where you want to be every month of the planning process and always ensure you are up-to-date with what you originally strategized.
- You need a budget. Money matters can be stingy – but they are something that really needs to be discussed. Talk to your fiancé and see how much money you have, who pays for the wedding elements, and how you can make it happen according to your budget.
- Do NOT do everything on your own. It might be tempting to try and do everything on your own to make sure it’s exactly as you want it – but there are a lot of tasks that can be easily delegated to trustworthy people in your entourage. Do that! It will help you ease off the stress and it will make your friends and family feel useful.
- Don’t forget to relax. Yes, wedding planning can take a lot of your spare time – but that doesn’t mean you have to be absolutely hectic until you reach your wedding date. Take some time off, every now and again, and simply relax. It can make you feel so much better!
Looking for a fabulous wedding venue in Virginia? You should come and see what Black Horse Inn has to offer – you will love it here from the very first second!
Photo source: flickr.com/ luca.sartoni
Ways to Designate Reserved Seats at Your Wedding Ceremony 30 Jan 2017, 6:11 pm
Your wedding ceremony is a completely unique moment in your life – so you will definitely want your closest friends and relatives to be there and assist this magical event. How to designate reserved seats at your ceremony? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- One of the most classic ways to reserve seats in the front row at a wedding? Cover the reserved chairs with ribbons – this way, the other guests will know that the seats are taken and that they belong to the wedding party and immediate family.
- Fragrant sprigs of lavender. If you are planning a summer wedding, lavender will be a truly amazing choice. Use a sprig of lavender and a small, pretty-looking note on each of the reserved seats to let people know who is to be seated there.
- Chalkboard signs. They’ve been hugely popular with a wide range of wedding themes – so why wouldn’t you use them as well? Place chalkboard signs at the beginning of the reserved rows, so that guests know the seats are taken. If you want to make this even cuter and romantic, invest in small clip-on, heart-shaped chalkboard signs and clip them to each of the reserved chair, with the names of the guests they are assigned to written on them.
- A wooden sign. Simple, beautiful and truly perfect for an outdoor or country-chic wedding, a wooden sign with a calligraphic “Reserved” on it can look really amazing. Just give this a thought, you will love it!
Black Horse Inn is a beautifully elegant wedding venue in Virginia – so if you want your wedding in the area, and if you want to make sure everything looks really great, come visit us as soon as possible. You will want to book us right away!
Photo source: flickr.com/rfduck
Beautiful Pressed Flower Wedding Details 23 Jan 2017, 5:00 pm
All brides want their wedding to be fabulous – and you make no exception. Yet, what are the trends dominating the wedding industry of 2017, and how to incorporate them in your Big Day? We have some tips for you – so read on if you are searching for some wedding inspiration.
- Bold colors. Wooden tones may have been great for a while there – but the truth is that they’re slowly starting to fade out and make room for dashing options. Settle on a bold color scheme for your 2017 and you will be aligned with the trends out there.
- Moving images. Thinking to add a photo or two at your wedding? Why not alternate film projections and beautiful lighting? This is a much more modern way of entertaining your guests when they’re not on the dance floor – plus, nothing beats the realness and uniqueness of a recording that’s all about you and your love story.
- Lots and lots of greenery. Sure, blooms are not completely forgotten – but if you want to make a statement in 2017, you will have to plan some greenery arrangements. They are so fresh and beautiful that it’s guaranteed your guests will love it! This is a much warmer and human-centric way of celebrating your Big Day, as opposed to minimalist designs.
- Elegant venues. Want to plan a wedding nobody will ever forget? Think of a classy, elegant venue for this special event. Remember though, elegant does not have to automatically mean “ballroom” – it can be something smaller, more intimate and equally classy!
Searching for a venue located in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and allow us to be your venue for the Big Day. You will love every single inch of the marvelous space we offer here.
Photo source: flickr.com/ amusedparrot
3 Things Guests Wish You Would Do at Your Wedding 17 Jan 2017, 11:18 am
Your wedding is yours –and nobody should tell you how to plan it. Yet, as the hosts of the Big Day, you will definitely want to make sure your guests are having a great time. What are some of the things they secretly want at your wedding, though? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Be very clear about the dress code. You can keep it classy on the invitations, but we highly advise you to create a wedding website where you share more information with your guests. This is the perfect place to “de-code” the dress code. Explain very clearly what your dress code is, so that guests can dress accordingly – it would be a pity if they didn’t feel great at your wedding because they are over or underdressed.
- Serving late-night snacks. Everyone loves a doughnuts, a scrumptious burger, or a delicious serving of mac’n’cheese. Spice up your wedding menu by serving these treats later in the day, so that they energize the guests (and help them spend more time partying). We guarantee they’ll love this!
- Not playing matchmaker. You may think it’s a great idea to put together all the singles, especially if you have some “potential couples” in mind. In reality though, these things just make people feel awkward – and not just the ones “targeted” by Cupid, but also everyone around them. Let things flow naturally, it will be much better for everyone present!
Looking for a splendid wedding venue that brings together old-school charm and modern benefits? Come visit Black Horse Inn. Our beautiful venue will provide you with a wonderful historical space for you and your guests to have a good time for the Big Day. You will all love it here!
Photo source: flickr.com/ slightly everything
Here’s How to Choose the Perfect Engagement Ring 9 Jan 2017, 3:58 pm
The engagement ring is more than just a piece of jewelry – or even a gift. It is a true commitment to your loved one – and a powerful symbol of your love story too. Of course, you will want the engagement ring to be really special and representative for your special lady and who she is. But how do you make the right choice?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- First and foremost, step outside the boundaries of tradition. A white diamond ring is perfectly OK if that’s what your lady is all about and if she enjoys classic elegance more than anything. If she is more modern though, she might be happier with a more special ring design. It’s all about what she loves, in the end – so keep an eye on her favorite pieces of jewelry to see what she likes most.
- The good news is that you have so many options to choose from! Pick a stunning colorful gemstone or a heart-shaped one, a very delicate small ring or one that makes a statement wherever it “goes”. There’s something for every type of lady and style, really.
- Not sure what precious metal to choose for the ring? Traditionally, engagement rings are made with white gold or platinum – but everything goes these days, really. Yellow gold, rose gold, silver, black gold – you name it and there will surely be options (or at least a jeweler to custom-make a ring for you).
Looking for the most fantastic wedding venue in all of Virginia? If she said “Yes”, come celebrate your loves story at Black Horse Inn. Contact us, learn more about our offer and allow us to be part of the Big Day. Our venue is ready for you and your guests!
Photo source: flickr.com/ magerleagues
5 Cakes to End Your Winter Wedding with a Bang 2 Jan 2017, 4:08 pm
Your love story is so sweet that it can naturally warm up any kind of space – so it is only normal that you want your wedding cake to be just as fantastic, sweet and unforgettable as your love story is. What are some of the very best winter wedding cake ideas to help you end your wedding with a bang? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Buttercream and winter fruit. Imagine a stunning white cake covered in delicious buttercream frosting and decorated with grapes, figs, and other wintertime fruit. Oh, how amazing it will look, and how memorable it will taste!
- Blueberry blue cake. Want to add a pop of color to your winter wedding? Ask your pastry chef to create a tasty blueberry and chocolate cake, then cover it in blue fondant. Your guests will love the idea!
- Buttercream and fresh flowers. As you may very well know it, fresh flowers have been a huge trend in the wedding cake design world. Adorn your buttercream tiered cake with a wreath made out of winter flowers. It will perfectly complement your winter wedding!
- Wood-patterned frosting. Tying the knot on the mountainside? What could be more suitable for such a wedding, other than a cake covered in a washed-out wood pattern? Downright artistic and definitely unique, this cake will steal your heart away.
- NYE-themed cake. Take your favorite cake flavors and cover them in a fondant painted to depict the beauty, glitz, and playfulness of a New Year’s Eve party. If you plan on getting married on the night between the years, this will be a really amazing option!
Looking for a fantastic wedding venue in Virginia? Black Horse Inn has everything you want and need for your Big Day. Come visit us, learn more about our wedding packages, and book us for your special event!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Rubber Slippers In Italy
Is a New Year’s Eve Wedding a Good Idea? 26 Dec 2016, 1:22 pm
Planning a wedding is no child’s play – and that’s something everyone can attest to. From the colors you will use on your wedding day, to the wonderful wedding gown you will wear, and the music that will play as you walk down the aisle, every single element of this special event has to be flawless.
…And it all starts with choosing the right wedding date. Is a New Year’s Eve wedding a genuinely good idea? Or would it be much better if you set your date on another day? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- First and foremost, it is always important to remember you are the only one who has the right to make any kind of decisions related to your Big Day. This is your special moment, your time to shine – and nobody else, aside from you and your loved one, has the right to tell you what to do.
- As to whether or not a NYE wedding is a good idea, it all depends on how you look at it. On the one hand, New Year’s Eve weddings are really romantic and unforgettable – and they “double” the festive mood with their theme.
- On the other hand, there are certain aspects of a NYE wedding you should definitely consider before making any plans. For example, you should expect to encounter higher venue and vendor prices during this time of the year. Likewise, you might want to expect quite a few negative RSVPs as well – especially since a lot of people have already made plans for this holiday and they will not be able to cancel them in due time.
Looking for a romantic wedding venue for your special day? We have the perfect solution for you – Black Horse Inn, a superb historical venue in Virginia. Contact us, come visit us, and book us for an unforgettable Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ MattRichmond
Fun Ways to Incorporate Wreaths Into Your Wedding 19 Dec 2016, 12:29 pm
Maybe surprisingly for many of you, wreaths can really create a wonderful atmosphere during the Big Day. Not only can they be used for a Christmas-themed wedding, but they can beautify and refresh any other wedding theme as well.
How to incorporate wreaths into your wedding? We have some wonderfully creative ideas for you – so read on and find out more.
- During the wedding ceremony, as a backdrop. Want to create a unique, personal and truly beautiful backdrop for your ceremony altar? An oversized wreath can go a really long way in adding a dab of color, freshness and simple elegance to your entire ceremony.
- During the wedding reception, as table décor. You can even use wreaths as table décor! For example, you can use a wreath on each table, as centerpiece. This is a very easy, but special way of adding a bit of naturalness to a rustic wedding, shabby chic or simply off-the-beat wedding. Furthermore, you can even use wreaths for the plate placement décor (e.g. mini-wreaths placed on top of the napkin will make everything look cuter, more personal, and more well-tied together as well).
- As the entire wedding theme. Why not use wreaths as your entire wedding theme? From your flower girl’s and bridesmaids’ hair accessories to the pre- and day-of stationery, everything can be gorgeously embellished with wreaths – be them simple and green, or intricately floral and sweet. Picking this wedding theme will be highly appreciated by everyone at your wedding!
Looking for a marvelous wedding venue in Virginia? You should definitely come and check out what Black Horse Inn has to offer. Surrounded by the marvels of Mother Nature and the stunning landscape of Virginia, our historical wedding venue is here to provide you with an elegant, exquisite space for the most stunning day of your entire life.
Photo source: flickr.com/ Bellafaye Garden
The Cool Themed Winter Wedding 12 Dec 2016, 1:46 pm
Winter weddings can be classy, elegant and absolutely unforgettable – and if you have your heart set on a chilly weather event, you will definitely love the following ideas. Read on and inspire yourself!
- Choose a very toned down palette. Don’t go over the top with the brightness of the colors, but don’t settle for anything dull either. Find the perfect balance between the two. Also, make sure your designs and your motifs are modern and fresh – they will look splendid on a toned down color scheme!
- Place trays of cookies. Make it feel cozy and welcoming by serving guests with trays filled with pretty cookies. We all love to indulge in sweet treats, and when they look cute, they are really irresistible!
- Use luxurious textures. Silk, fur, and other luxurious textures and fabrics tend to be associated with the chilly season –precisely because they can offer a truly cozy feeling.
- Layer multiple textures and colors. Just because the season outside is colder, it doesn’t mean you are confined to boring green-and-red or all-white palettes. Pick a couple of colors and play with them! Layer multiple textures and different shades of those colors to create a genuinely stylish effect.
- Self-serving cocktail bars. Planning to serve a signature cocktail? Make your guests feel at home by serving them your signature cocktail from a self-serving bar. This is absolutely perfect for just about any type of wedding, but it tends to work best with a more casual atmosphere!
Still searching for the right wedding venue? You haven’t seen Black Horse Inn yet, then! Our splendid historical wedding venue is absolutely perfect for you if you want to have an elegant, timeless and nature-inspired wedding in Virginia. Contact us, come visit us and book us for your Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Corey Ann