Steeles Tavern Manor
Table Of Contents
Lodging in the Heart of Shenandoah Valley
Tucked into the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Steeles Tavern, Virginia on 50 picturesque acres is Steeles Tavern Manor. Innkeepers Trey and Dana Tumminello invite you to their 1916-built Virginian manor house located in a peaceful country setting with a spring-fed pond, walking grounds, babbling creek, and in-ground swimming pool. Situated midway between the historic towns of Staunton and Lexington, guests can visit many attractions such as Crabtree Falls and the Blue Ridge Parkway, Historic Lexington, Staunton’s theater, renowned wineries, The Virginia Horse Center, Natural Bridge, antique shops, and championship golf which all are within twenty to thirty miles of the property.
The Manor offers five spacious guest rooms and suites each with gas or electric fireplaces, private baths with double Jacuzzi tubs, and modern amenities. The Inn’s decor offers a warm, relaxing environment and has a wine theme throughout the rooms. Guests are welcomed with STM Signature Chocolate Chip Cookies. In addition to the Manor there are three secluded, romantic rental cabins on the property. Two of the cabins are atop a high ridge with sweeping views of the Shenandoah Valley and Allegheny Mountains in the distance. The third cabin is on the banks of a 1-acre fishing pond with beautiful views of the grounds and neighboring pastures. Each cabin has a hot tub on a private deck and a full kitchen with everything you need to prepare your own meals.
Start your day with early morning coffee from our state of the art espresso machine before enjoying a hearty, first-class plated breakfast made with many local ingredients. Your day can include one or more of the activities in the area, or you may roam the grounds to enjoy views of the pond, cattle grazing in the hillside pastures, the rolling stream, or the swimming pool. Feel free to relax and enjoy warm hospitality during a complimentary early evening social hour featuring local wines and beer along with light appetizers. Top the evening off with dinner at one of the many restaurants just minutes away in Lexington or Staunton. Guests will feel pampered during their stay and well rested when their visit has ended.
The coffee starts brewing just before 7:15 AM every morning. So come down to the Dining Room to start your morning off with a hot cup of coffee or hot tea and a sweet surprise.
Breakfast starts around 8:30 AM. Enjoy your meal in the comforts of the Dining Room or on the enclosed screened patio, weather permitting.
We proudly use many local ingredients in the preparation of our breakfasts and appetizers supporting our neighbors.
Breakfasts include a fruit dish as a first course or with your hot entree, which may be a frittata, stuffed French toast, or pancakes using Wade’s Mill products. Sausage, bacon, jellies, and jams from local providers when possible, are also included. When making your reservation, please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions.
After your day’s activities, please join us at the Wine Bar to enjoy a glass of Virginia wine, possibly some local cheese or an appetizer. Feel free to share the experiences of your day with Trey and Dana along with the other guests, and discuss your dinner options between Lexington, Staunton, or other local restaurants.
Things to Do
Steeles Tavern Manor is conveniently located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, midway between Lexington and Staunton Virginia with a short journey to both Harrisonburg and Charlottesville. The Shenandoah Valley is a wondrous place rich in history and natural resources, the theatre, shopping, and outdoor activities.
Activities in our Neighborhood
- Cyrus McCormick’s Farm: Home of Cyrus McCormick, inventor of the grain reaper. Beautiful grounds, small museum, grist mill, nature trail and picnic area (1 mile away)
- The Antique Shop: Located on Route 11 across the road from our B&B
- Rockbridge Vineyard: Award-winning wines receiving national and state recognition
- Tour and taste year round
- Opened 7 days 10 am-6pm (5 minutes away)
- Historic Wade’s Mill: Wades’ Mill is a working water-powered grist mill on the Nation Register of Historic Places
- Fresh stone ground flours and more can be purchased in their store (15 minutes away)
- Orchardside Yarn Shop and Farm: This is a knitter’s dream. Latest fibers for knitting and crocheting in hundreds of colors and textures. In the summer, the farm is open for “pick your own” berries (15 minutes away)
- Blue Ridge Parkway: Rt 56 parallels our property which leads you on a beautiful drive to the Blue Ridge just fifteen minutes away. The Rt 56 entrance is at mile marker post 27. While in the Blue Ridge visit Crabtree Falls and the Appalachian Trail which are less than 30 minutes from us
- Gems of Rockbridge Geocaching Trail: High-tech treasure hunt using online clues and GPS coordinates to locate 10 hidden geocaches that were strategically placed to highlight the natural beauty of the gateway communities along the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Check out more activities on our website!