Richmont Inn of the Great Smokies
Table Of Contents
Richmont Inn - On the Peaceful Side of the Smokies
Eleven private wooded acres with stunning Smoky Mountain views
Luxury Suites with an upscale lodging experience in the "Chalet"
Complementary desserts and coffee such as the award winning Kahlua Creme Brulee
The ultimate in Smoky Mountain luxury
High in the Smokies, Richmont Inn is fashioned in the style of an Appalachian cantilever barn offering breathtaking views across the valley. Enjoy beautiful luxurious rooms and suites, furnished in 18th century English antiques, French paintings and folk art, you'll encounter local history, as bed rooms are themed to honor historical men and women of the region. Stay at the new, luxurious, upscale "Chalet" and find lavish bedding, fireplaces, your own private view, and spa tubs for two. An easy ten minutes to Cades Cove the most popular feature of the National Park without maddening traffic and crowds.
"Just might be the most romantic place in the Smokies." ~ Southern Living Magazine
"Appalachia with Style." ~ National Geographic Magazine
"The Richmont Inn is known among its guests as a romantic hideaway where couples can escape the workday world of phones and faxes and turn their attention toward each other." ~ Edye Ellis, "The Good Life" HGTV
Group Excursions and Business Meetings
After more than forty years of combined experience in both large and small companies, Susan and I are convinced that the most productive, interesting, and the most fun meeting places have a unique, relaxing and informal atmosphere. Our new Chalet is just that!
- Luxurious Corporate Suites
- Gourmet Breakfasts, Luncheons, and Wine Dinners
- Wi-Fi, Full A/V Support
- Golf, Hiking, Picnicking, Biking, and Fishing
- Spa Tubs/Massages
Ideally Suited For:
- Small Business Groups
- Corporate Boards/Sales Staff
- Training Seminars
- Church/Social Groups
- Family Reunions/Birthdays
The Conference/Dining Room
A well suited for a business center seating up to 16 people for a casual meeting or formal dinner. Upon request, a resident chef is available to prepare catered dinners that may include wine pairings. The Inn is also able to create custom wedding cakes for your special day.
The Great Room
With its viewing deck the Great Room can accommodate 20-25 people comfortably for a buffet/stand up-dinner or cocktails. Its elegant decor and spectacular view received rave reviews from a Chinese delegation, as well as corporation execs, and state government officials.
Weddings & Special Events
A Chapel in the Woods for a most romantic Smoky Mountain Wedding
Weddings at Richmont Inn
Richmont Inn's Chapel in the Woods offers the perfect location to host your private intimate wedding. This outdoor pavilion and area comfortably holds 12-16 people, and its beautiful outdoor setting requires no extra decoration. During inclement weather, the wedding may be held in the Great Room of the Chalet. For your convenience, we offer the services of a Christian minister and a photographer upon request. Our concierge can also assist with your floral or other planning needs. The release of 12 white doves can be the perfect ending to the ceremony.
- Chapel in the Woods Wedding $250.00
- Preacher and photographer's fees separate (call for pricing)
- Dove release (call for pricing)
Accommodations and Activities
With 14 rooms and suites, Richmont Inn can host all your wedding party and out-of-town guests. A variety of entertainment options are located nearby, including golf, horseback riding, fly fishing, tubing, rafting, and hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Ask the Innkeeper or Concierge for suggestions - or visit our Plan Your Stay page to plan ahead!
- Our chef can provide professional catering for your rehearsal and reception dinners, designing menus to fit your budget, palate and theme.
- Wine, beer and champagne available.
- Our chef can create the perfect wedding cakes for your style, decorating the delicious flavor of cake you choose with any type of frosting and flowers. Prices vary depending on your vision. Cake service and utensils are included in the cost of the cake.
- Luncheons and dinners may be held in either our quaint, rustic Cove Cafe, or in the elegant formal dining room of the Chalet, depending on the number of guests and mood you want to create. Please inquire about the use of any flower decorations.
- Catering is subject to a 15% service charge, plus applicable taxes.
Enjoy your honeymoon in one of our luxuriously-appointed Chalet suites. All of our new suites include a hydrotherapy spa tub, wet bar, wood burning fireplace, refrigerator, sensory stimulating alcove shower large enough for two, with rain-head sprinklers and body sprays! Relax in the privacy of your own room with one of our special packages offering such luxuries as; in-room massage, gourmet picnic, breakfast in bed, or a rose and chocolates at your bedside... For more information, please visit our packages page.
Available Wedding Amenities and Special Touches
- Non-denominational minister
- Professional photographer
- White dove release
- Concierge for wedding vendor needs
- On-site catering
- Custom wedding cakes
- Rooms available for all your guests
- Afternoon tea and cookies
- Candlelight dessert and coffee
- Full hot breakfast
- In-room massages
- Picnics delivered to your room or packed "to go"
- Gift certificates
Add us to your registry list, and let your guests purchase both specific and general gift certificates that you may use during your honeymoon or anniversaries.
Let us help plan your stay in the Great Smokies...
We'll save you time and effort in planning the many activities you can choose from:
- Scenic Drives
- Wildflower Walks
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Watching
Let us know your desires before or on arrival - and with our personal experiences, we can help insure a most enjoyable visit. Helpful Hint! Visit www.nps.gov/grsm for "Things to do" and "Things to know before you come"
Gregory Bald Hike: This has always been and probably always will be one of the finest hikes in the Park, offering scenic views of spring wildflowers, colorful flame azaleas in June, and sparkling frost in the winter. Nine miles round trip, located in Cades Cove.
- Cades Cove: Eleven mile scenic loop road. Beautiful sheltered valley with a mixture of forests, meadows, and an outdoor museum of pioneer life - only a seven mile drive from Townsend. Scenic hikes such as Abrams Falls, picnicking, biking, fishing, horseback riding, and wildlife and bird watching. Click on www.billea.com/gallery.asp for a sample view of the scenery in the "crown jewel of the Smokies."
- Tremont: An old logging road with beautiful trees and wildflowers running along the most picturesque stream - only 15 minutes away from Richmont Inn! Perfect pull-offs for streamside picnics and photography,and great for biking (paved 3 miles,unpaved 3 miles). Also offers a short hike (about 2 miles round trip), Spruce Flatt Falls, where long ago, Indian maidens must have bathed.
- Little Greenbriar Home/School: Also nearby, home of the famous six Walker sisters, all born in the eighteenth century, who lived their entire lives in the Smokies. Given a lifetime lease, their legacy and folkways live on today.
- Sugarlands Visitor Center: Park "info" headquarters with fabulous gift shop, wildlife displays, inspiring movie, and helpful advice. Twenty minutes away.
How To Find Us
Richmont Inn is located in Townsend, Tennessee – Just off US 321 N, Mile Marker 26.
GPS Coordinates: 35.67281 latitude 83.80304 longitude
The Richmont Inn is located 10 minutes from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park entrance, nearest the Cades Cove feature of the park. We are just 30 Minutes from McGee-Tyson Airport (Knoxville's Metro) Airport or 45 minutes south of Knoxville, Tennessee.
As you enter Townsend city limits at the Back Porch restaurant from Maryville on U.S. 321 North, turn right on Old Tuckaleechee Road West (first right after city limits). Take the first paved right (Laurel Valley Road), go 0.8 mile, bear right through the stone entrance (the Gatehouse) to Laurel Valley. Stay straight on road to crest of the steep hill, turn left into Richmont Inn. (You can also just follow the signs to Laurel Valley Golf/Country Club).
From Pigeon Forge/Sevierville:
Take U.S. 321 South (Wears Valley Road) to Townsend. At stoplight intersection, turn right and continue through Townsend on 321 South. Turn left onto road #4 (Old Tuckaleechee) and go 1.9 miles. After a small two lane bridge, turn left onto Laurel Valley Road and follow 0.8 mile to the "Gatehouse." Go straight through stone wall entrance up steep paved hill. At crest of hill, turn left into the Inn.
On I-75 exit 81 at Lenoir City, turn right onto U.S. 321 North to Maryville, follow directions to Richmont Inn from Townsend. If you miss exit 81, go on to Knoxville and exit from I-40 to Alcoa/Knoxville airport exit onto Hwy 129 South. Past the airport, bear left toward Maryville (pickup 321 North) and follow directions to Richmont Inn from Townsend.
From I-75 South, enter Knoxville on I-275 South through Downtown to I-40 West to Hwy 129 South (2nd exit off I-40) to Maryville. Past Knoxville Airport, bear left toward Maryville (pick up 321 North) and follow directions to Richmont Inn from Townsend.
From I-40 East, take I-75 South to Lenoir City exit 81. Turn left at end of exit onto U.S. 321 North to Maryvile. Follow directions to Richmont Inn from Townsend.
Exit I-40 at Foothills Parkway exit. Follow to U.S. 321 South to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Follow directions from Pigeon Forge/Sevierville to Richmont Inn.