Apple Bin Inn
Table Of Contents
Welcome to the Apple Bin Inn, in beautiful Lancaster County, PA. If you're looking for charming guest rooms, delicious country breakfasts, and renowned hospitality, you've come to the right place!
Be sure to visit our website www.applebininn.com or Facebook page for more photos, information, reviews and things to do in Lancaster County.
We'd be delighted to be your hosts, as you experience the beauty, charm, serenity, and spirit of Pennsylvania Dutch Country. See you soon!
Breakfast & Common Areas
Breakfast at the Apple Bin Inn is a time of pure enjoyment for our guests. We use local produce and meats from area shops and farmers markets to create scrumptious country breakfasts. And because we believe that a perfect breakfast should touch all of the senses, china, silver, fine linens, and candlelight all enhance what we know will be a memorable breakfast.
Along with fresh brewed coffee & tea, and chilled orange juice or fresh local apple cider, our "chef's choice" breakfasts feature a different Apple Bin Inn fruit dish and mouth-watering hot entree each morning. We can accommodate most special dietary requirements (such as diabetic, vegetarian, paleo, gluten-free, or lactose intolerant), as long as we know your needs ahead of time, so please inform us when you make your reservation.
An Inn for any season welcomes you to join us with fireplaces in every room for cozy Fall and Winter nights or outdoor yoga in the warmer months of Spring and Summer. Relax, decompress, and just breathe. At your home away from home.
Here in beautiful Lancaster County, your days and evenings will be filled with many sights and attractions, including quaint covered bridges, picturesque rolling farmlands, Amish buggy rides, museums, historical sites, live theaters & concerts, wonderful restaurants, wildlife and state parks, wineries & craft breweries, and outlet & antique shopping. You'll find that our B&B is located minutes from most attractions, including the "Sight & Sound" Millennium Theater, Strasburg Railroad, Dutch Wonderland, American Music Theatre, Fulton Theatre, Cherry Crest Adventure Farm, Tanger Outlets, and Rockvale Square. It won't take you long to discover why Amish Country is one of America's most popular travel destinations!
Iif you're planning more than a couple of days in Pennsylvania, the Apple Bin Inn makes an excellent home base for convenient day trips to Hershey, Gettysburg, Valley Forge, Brandywine, Longwood Gardens, and even Baltimore Harbor ~ all within 45-75 minutes. So don't spend your vacation time packing and unpacking multiple times... just do it all from the Apple Bin Inn!
Below is a brief list of attractions and activities nearby. For a more complete list with links, visit the Apple Bin Inn website's Local Attractions page.
- Sight & Sound's Millennium Theater
- Strasburg Rail Road
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania
- Amish Farm & House
- American Music Theatre
- Fulton Theater
- Dutch Wonderland
- Cherry Crest Farm (Amazing Maize Maze)
- Hershey Park & Chocolate World
- Central Market (oldest in America)
- Green Dragon Farmers Market
- Bird-in-Hand Farmers Market
- Rockvale Square Outlets
- Tanger Outlets
- National Toy Train Museum
- National Watch & Clock Museum
- Home of President James Buchanan
- Rock Ford Plantation
- Lancaster Museum of Art
- Susquehannock State Park
- Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area
- Susquehanna River
- Conestoga River
Weddings and Massages
Planning an intimate event in serene Lancaster County? Are you looking for a special place to have a small wedding with just a few friends and family? Or maybe you would like to renew your wedding vows and gather together to celebrate? Perhaps a venue for a memorial service for a loved one to keep it simple and private? Need an officiant to add spirituality in your ceremony?
Apple Bin Inn Bed & Breakfast might be that place you would like to consider. We are able to accommodate small gatherings along with your stay at our Inn. We begin with an interview to talk about your ideas…need an ordained minister as an officiant; we provide the minister. How about someone to pull together details like flowers, photographer, refreshments, music, and accommodations; we will coordinate those details as well. Stay a day in advance and consider having a massage or Reiki to relax beforehand. Private restorative yoga sessions are available as well.
After you express how you would like your day to look, we will offer available options and suggestions. We fine tune all the plans and then before you know it, your day will be here. Quiet, and relaxed...just like you imagined. It's not over when friends and family depart. You are able to stay and enjoy the evening in one of our cozy, delightful rooms and wake up to a full country breakfast.
Our indoor gathering place can accommodate a ceremony of 25 attendees or less and an outdoor service in warm weather of 50 attendees or less. The best part is that a one night stay is included in the package for the guest of honor or person planning their special day. Associated guests will receive a discounted rate with their booking for their overnight stay at time of the event. (based on availability and two night minimum stay during holiday weekends and peak seasons).
We would be honored to help you create a unique and memorable experience…one you will cherish for years to come.
"Once again we had a wonderful stay at our one and only B&B in Lancaster. The breakfast both days was so good! Thank you for always making us feel at home." Barbara & Wes - Westville, New Jersey
"Wonderful food, wonderful room, wonderful people, wonderful time!" Jerry & Denise - Estero, Florida
"Thank you for making our visit to Lancaster so memorable. Your inn is so warm, cozy, and welcoming. Our room was heavenly, and the breakfasts were spectacular!" Liz & Jack - Woodbridge, Virginia
"What a wonderful start to our stay in Pennsylvania. Our room was delightful, the breakfasts simply delicious, the welcome warm and caring, the help and advice invaluable... in fact nothing could have been more perfect." Lionel & Maggie - Buckingham, England
We are a family-friendly inn that welcomes children of all ages in the Braeburn Cottage or McIntosh Room, and children older than 13 in the Gala Suite. For children under 2 years old, a “pack & play” crib is available for $15 per stay. Please call for crib availability.
For the enjoyment of all of our guests, parents are expected to supervise their children at all times.
OUR PET POLICY: Many guests enjoy traveling with their fur-babies and can’t imagine leaving them behind. The McIntosh Room at the Apple Bin Inn provides a space for pet-friendly lodging.
We accept small to medium-sized canine companions at our bed and breakfast. But note, there is only ONE guest room where pets are allowed. Lancaster County is limited to the pet-friendly bed and breakfast inns, so we highly suggest booking as far ahead as possible to improve your chances of finding a room during the dates you need.
The Apple Bin Inn has a few standard rules designed to keep all of our guests happy, safe and comfortable…furry canines and fur-free humans alike. Please recognize and acknowledge when considering your stay with your pet(s):
• Advance Notice. If you’re bringing a dog with you, even if you’ve booked the McIntosh Room, we ask that you let us know ahead of time so we are prepared for your fur-baby’s visit.
• Pet Fee: We charge a pet fee of $30 for your furry friend(s) for the length of your stay. We allow a max of 2 well-behaved dogs in the room. Sorry, no other types of pets are permitted. Pet owners will be liable for any out-of-the-ordinary cleaning bills or repairs, should they be required.
• Vaccines are a Must Have: We require all pets staying with us to be vaccinated so please bring your paperwork with you. We do require proof from you prior to your stay. We require each dog is up-to-date with Rabies, Distemper, Canine Influenza, and Canine Bordetella. It is also necessary that flea and tick prevention is used.
• Housekeeping: We typically clean guest rooms between 10 am – 2 pm. If you’d like your room freshened up, your pet must be either be with you, crated, or not in the room. You can request a specific time for housekeeping if you know of a time you’ll be out of the room with your pet during this period.
• Size Matters: The total weight of your pet(s) must not exceed 90 pounds. This is in consideration of your pet(s) to be crated during your absence. You are asked to provide size and breed information prior to your visit.
• Pets allowed in your room ONLY: I know, it’s crazy, but not all our guests like dogs, so we ask that you keep your pet in the McIntosh Room only (even the main house and cottage are off-limits), and please keep your pet leashed while in the yard.
• Home Alone: We have provided a large crate for when you are out and about exploring, dining, visiting, or generally not with your pet. This is required as a preventative practice in order to avoid any chance that your pet may become “destructive” while you are out. Any dog(s) “in distress” when the owner is out simply make us sad, so we’ll call you to remedy the situation if it occurs.
• Clean up after your pet(s): If you need a baggie, please use the pet waste bags provided and dispose of it in the designated receptacle.
• So this has NEVER happened… please don’t be the first for us! If your pet is not kept in control or disturbs other guests, we reserve the right to take action which quite likely includes eviction.
You will be asked to sign this agreement upon your arrival acknowledging that you have read and understand this policy.
I, _______________________________, understand and agree to follow the standard pet rules as stated in the policies of the Apple Bin Inn. As the registered guest assigned to the McIntosh Room of the Apple Bin Inn, I agree that I am responsible for my pet(s) and their actions. I authorize the Apple Bin Inn to charge my credit card for the standard pet fee of $30, as well as any other extraordinary cleaning and/or repair charges deemed necessary by the Apple Bin Inn to cover damages associated with pets in the room. I understand that if I do not follow these rules, the Inn reserves the right to take action including, but not limited to, eviction from the bed and breakfast without reimbursement of any kind.