Table Of Contents
Le Puy A Wine Valley Inn is a destination bed and breakfast for the Willamette Valley; perfectly located near Newberg and Dundee, Oregon. We are focused on being a romantic retreat for couples. The owners, Lea & Andy, are your hosts. Our goal is to provide a superior hospitality experience. Our mission is to be an authentic "eco-inn."Guests are invited to come to the inn to re-balance themselves with the peaceful and tranquil setting, organic cuisine, spa-like amenities, and fresh atmosphere.Because we are focused on being a restful and quiet place for couples, we ask people traveling in groups to please review our policies here. Our policies ensure a tranquil environment. We cannot host groups larger than 6 persons.
The property was purchased as a single family home. Our vision took us from a large residence to a beautiful 8 room B&B for the wine valley. The 10 acres upon which we sit yield hay for our neighbor's horses, as well as gardens for flowers, vegetables and fruit. The property is nestled half way up a hill on the north side of the Dundee Hills and we offer panoramic views of surrounding mountains, vineyards and farmlands. In addition to the main house, we have a large courtyard as well as the Loire room for guests to enjoy.
About Le Puy (pronounced "pwee")
We toured the Loire Valley in France with our home base in Le Puy de Notre Dame, a quaint French countryside village. The land surrounding us was full of vineyards and where the soil was deemed unsuitable for grapes, there were rolling fields of sunflowers. Inspired by the beauty of the region and the simple sweetness of the name Le Puy, we looked further into the origin and meaning. Basically, it is old French for "hill". There are many Le Puys throughout France. They are most often ancient worship sites which contained a dolmen (sacred stone) and were usually replaced by Christian churches. We sit on a hillside with spectacular views of the Chehalem Ridge and peeks at the Coastal range, Mt Hood and Mt Jefferson. We feel the mix of nature, spirituality and deep rooted history behind the name, fits into our dream for creating a holistic, sustainable inn. Thus, Le Puy, our wine valley inn was born.
Rooms & Amenities
From our guest suites to the common areas, we have strived to create a relaxing environment from which to enjoy the Willamette wine valley. Our guests will find that there are many choices at the inn for taking in the sights, smells and sounds of the countryside. Whether sipping a glass of wine, reading a good book or reconnecting with that special someone, we offer a 4 season environment. From your private rooms and terraces to the courtyard, gathering room and great room, there is something for everyone.
- The Great Room: Flanked by an enormous fireplace and stunning views of the Valley, this room is the heart of the inn. Breakfast is served in our turreted dining room as well as in part of the great room.
- A large balcony off the Great Room, offers comfy seating while our guests take in the sights, sounds and smells of the wine country.
- The Loire Room: Across the breezeway, a common room with satellite television and exercise machines.
- The Courtyard & Anjou Terrace: Highlighted by a beautiful stone and water sculpture created by local artist Stuart Jacobsen, our sunny courtyard offers a casual country villa atmosphere. The Anjou is a perfect summer spot to read a book, lounge in the sun and take in the beautiful Chehalem Ridge views.
Le Puy offers 8 beautifully appointed suites. All of our rooms have private bathrooms. A list of additional amenities in every room is below. Some rooms have a spacious balcony or patio capturing our beautiful wine country views. Some of our rooms also feature spa tubs and several offer a romantic gas fireplace.
Amenities in all Rooms:
- Private bath facilities
- Wireless Internet access
- Blu-Ray players
- Alarm clocks with USB outlets
- Bathrobes, slippers & spa quality bath amenities
- Iron& ironing board
- Tempur-Pedic beds with Tempur-pedic pillows
- Additional Hypoallergenic Feather Pillows & Duvets
- Wineglasses & corkscrew
- Smoke-free facility and grounds
- Complimentary access to our collection of DVD movies
- Complimentary gourmet breakfast