Table Of Contents
Welcome to the Red Maple Inn Bed & Breakfast!
Located in Burton, Ohio, our stunning bed and breakfast is best described as a "peaceful destination." Imagine yourself high atop a hill overlooking the rolling farmlands and forests of Geauga County while smelling the aroma of a hearty Amish breakfast. The Red Maple Inn is a beautiful and tranquil oasis less than an hour from Cleveland, Warren, and Youngstown.
Enjoy our complimentary wine and cheese as you sit in one of our Amish hand-crafted rocking chairs on our patio and look out over the valley. After, you can enjoy our freshly made popcorn as you nestle by our fire, enjoy a massage in our massage chair, or receive an in-room massage. You can brush up on your putting skills at our putting green and gaze at the farm animals located at the farmhouse of the historical Century Village next door.
In the morning indulge yourself at our hearty deluxe continental breakfast featuring our homemade granola and local maple syrup. Before you leave, treat yourself to our unique Amish products such as handcrafted wood items, soaps, and much more.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Gina Holk for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
To visit Amish Country, relax and enjoy the countryside. Business travelers as well.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
4 diamond Inn, known for clean rooms and friendly staff and our Bacon. I love the décor and to see the guests relaxing and de-stressing!
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
One Ritz Carlton customer told us they have nothing on you! That the Inn (Red Maple) far surpassed the quality of a Ritz Carlton that they frequently stay at!
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Peaceful & quiet. The fourth largest Amish community in the world!
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Sight see, visit the many Amish shops, craftsmen, and take time to visit Cleveland. We are less than an hour from tourist destinations, such as The Rock n Roll hall of fame, Cleveland Art Museum, First Energy stadium & the Quicken loans arena. Visit neighboring wineries located near Lake Erie.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
A charming Western Reserve town, filled with gift shops, ice cream, and small eateries.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Welshfield Inn, located minutes from the Inn. Fabulous Pot roast!
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
Do you accept pets?
No we don’t, we have local kennels that do a great job!
About Our Rooms
The Red Maple Inn Ohio bed and breakfast is ideal for your Ohio lodging needs. We offer six different guest room styles, each with a spacious king or queen sized bed, private bathrooms with Jacuzzi Tubs, and in-room coffee makers. Some of our rooms have twin sofa beds for additional guests. Each guest room is individually decorated with handcrafted Ohio Amish wood furniture in warm cherry or soft oak finishes. Our deluxe continental breakfast in included with your stay and is sure to please the palate of every guest.
Why is our inn unique? Because we offer things that make your stay stand out amongst others. Our AAA Four-Diamond Inn is one you will never forget.
Our rooms are complete with all of the amenities that you need whether sitting out on your balcony viewing the rolling hillside as you sip on your coffee, to relaxing in the Jacuzzi tub, or watching one of the movies from our library on your in-room flat screen TV.
The Red Maple Inn offers a variety of amenities to make your stay as accommodating as possible. Guests have stated that “we have thought of it all." From in room Keurig™ coffee makers, flat screen tv’s to wine glasses, Jacuzzi tubs and Amish literature, the rooms are complete with every detail.
Your stay will be entirely fulfilling with our complimentary wine and cheese, deluxe continental breakfast, and in room massages. If there is anything you can think of to make a stay complete, we have thought of it. So leave your worries behind because when you stay at the Red Maple Inn you will be pampered with the finest of amenities.
- Deluxe Continental breakfast
- Complimentary Wine and Cheese (Monday-Thursday)
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvres with wine and cheese (Friday & Saturday)
- Fitness room on lower level
- Ping pong table
- Small pool table
- Free weights
- Elliptical machine
- Exercise bike
- In-room massages available, by advance reservation
- Audio Visual equipment available on request
Weddings & Events
With our beautiful view of the countryside and flexibility in event planning, the Red Maple Inn is a great choice for your event. Our meeting room offers the ideal setting for a small wedding/reception, business meeting, or family gathering.
We have a large meeting room called The Burton Room that is 1200 square feet. It can quickly and easily be divided by a soundproof barrier into two smaller rooms, if the group needs to separate into subgroups, or just prefers a smaller space. A large, sheltered patio is located off the meeting room, included for your use. We also have a library and dining room to accommodate you.
Do it Yourself
- $325 plus sales tax
- We will provide tables, chairs, set-up, clean-up, and white linen, you do the rest!
- Call today for more details; perfect for bridal and baby showers
- NOTE: Do it yourself is not available for weddings of any size
The Red Maple Inn meeting room accommodates 100 people theater-style, and 55 classroom style. Round banquet tables are also available for various breakout configurations. We know that planning a business meeting is hard work, but when you have your meeting at the Red Maple Inn, we can help you with many of the details that seem overwhelming…allowing you to focus on the content of your meeting.
Banquets & Retreats
Whether a wedding reception, a celebration of a confirmation or bar mitzvah, an anniversary or important birthday party, you will be pleased with our facilities, location, and attentive staff. The Burton Room occupancy depends on set up, and opens onto a large, sheltered patio. Upstairs, seventeen rooms and a luxury suite offer convenient and comfortable accommodations to you and your guests. Each room has a Jacuzzi tub, and many have fireplaces and balconies.
Diamonds are a girl’s best friend! So why not have your wedding at the Four Diamond Red Maple Inn?
The Red Maple Inn Bed & Breakfast is perfect for a small intimate traditional or non-traditional wedding. The Burton room occupancy for your closest family and friends depends on the setup and offers a large sheltered patio with a breathtaking view across many miles of gently rolling country side. Awaken on your wedding day to the wonderful smell of an Amish cooked breakfast, and before your outdoor ceremony begins relax in your private Jacuzzi tub. Spend that first evening as man and wife in the warm glow of a fireplace and wake up together the next morning and enjoy your coffee on the balcony overlooking the breathtaking view of the valley. Your guests will never forget your special day in Amish Country.
- The Burton Room is 1200 sq. ft. with 3 French doors and attached patio
- Library / Dining Room for meetings and groups
- We can help with equipment rentals, catering, music, audiovisual and specialty services
- Catering services from one of the area’s best fine dining restaurants, The Weslhfield Inn
- For catering please contact Weshfield Inn and ask for Kathy, the Banquet Manager
- Wireless internet access throughout the building
- TV / VCR / DVD Player
- Podium with attached microphone
- Projection screen
- Flip charts
- State-of-the-Art teleconference phone
- Additional audio visual equipment available through Cleveland Corporate Services
When you stay at the Red Maple Inn, you will have a variety of Northeast Ohio activities to choose from. Here or close by, indoor or outdoor, winter or summer, there is something to entertain everyone.
Enjoy our complimentary wine and cheese (Monday – Thursday) and hors d’ oeuvres on Friday & Saturday in our dining room. Sit and relax in a comfortable handcrafted rocking chair on our patio and enjoy the endless view of the countryside. Get lost in a book in our elegant library or get lost in the flames of the glowing fire in our lobby. If you would like to watch a movie we have a variety to choose from or you could play a board game, card game, or challenge yourself with a puzzle. Share a game of pool or ping pong in our game room or get in shape in our small fitness room. Enjoy an in –room massage or wash away your stresses in your private in-room Jacuzzi bathtub.
- Geauga County Fair: 440-834-1846
- Maple Festival: 440-579-0300
- Maple Madness Tour
- Discover Ohio
- Burton Antiques Market: 440-632-9399
Local Area Attractions
When planning your visit you will find there is much to do in Burton and Surrounding Geauga County. Take time to experience all of what Geauga counties Amish country has to offer.
- Geauga County Tourism (800) 775-TOUR
- Burton Chamber of Commerce (800) 526-5630
- Chardon Chamber of Commerce (440) 285-9050
- Geauga County Government Offices
- Middlefield Chamber of Commerce (440) 632-5705
- Sweet Briar Suri Alpaca Farm 12375 Pond Road, Burton (440) 834-8848
- Candlelight Winery 11325 Center Street, Garrettsville (330) 527-4118
- Century Village Historical Museum On Burton Square 14653 East Park, Burton (440) 834-1492. Step into yesteryear in this village of restored homes and businesses from the early 1800′s
- DDC Clinic for Special Needs Children 15809 Madison Road, Middlefield (440) 632-1697. A non-profit, pediatric outpatient facility that is working to identify, diagnose, and treat the many genetic disorders or both Amish and non-Amish children
Cleveland Ohio Attractions
There is “So much to do in Cleveland” and the Red Maple Inn is less than 45 minutes from it all. For information on Cleveland area events and attractions, please visit
Some of the most popular Cleveland destinations include:
- The Rock and Roll Hall of fame located at East 9th Street and I 90 (on lake Erie), Cleveland (216) 781-ROCK
- Cleveland Playhouse Square 1519 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland (216) 771-8403
- Cleveland Metropark Zoo 3900 Wildlife Way, Cleveland (216) 661-6500
- Cleveland Museum of Art 11150 East Boulevard, Cleveland (216) 421-7350
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History 1 Wade Oval Drive, University Circle, Cleveland (216) 231-4600
- Geauga Lake’s Wildwater Kingdom: 1100 Squires Rd. Aurora OH 44202 330-562-8303
- Lake Farmpark: This is a family oriented park devoted to agriculture, farming and country life. 8800 Euclid Chardon Rd, Kirtland OH 44094 440-256-2122
- Pioneer Waterland & Dry Fun Park: 10661 Kile Rd, Chardon OH 44024 440-285-0910
- Candlelight Winery: 11325 Center Rd, Garrettsille OH 44231 330-527-4118
- Debonne Vineyards: 7743 Doty Rd, Madison OH 44057 440-466-3485
- Ferrante Winery & Ristorante: 5585 State Route 307, Geneva OH 44041 440-466-8466
- Laleure Vineyards: Only open Friday & Saturdays, 17335 Nash Rd, Parkman OH 44080
- ThornCreek Winery & Gardens: Only open Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings, 155 Treat Rd, Aurora OH 44202 330-562-9245
Location & Directions
The Red Maple Inn can be found in the beautiful country of northeast Ohio. Burton is located in Geauga County, approximately 30 miles east of Cleveland and is the home to the simplistic and unique Amish culture. Our area has much to offer with a beautiful countryside, interesting culture, captivating history, and array of unique shopping. The trees are plentiful and the fresh air is revitalizing.
If you need a change of scenery our lovely country inn is precisely the right choice with fields, hills and forests as far as the eyes can see, you are sure to experience wildlife whether it be the chirping birds, chipmunks, squirrels, rabbits, or deer with 18 parks in Geauga county you can unwind and leave your stresses behind as you take in the woodlands, wetlands, meadows and streams.
Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway, hiking, Amish, golfing, a trip close to Cleveland, experiencing the country, history, or a change of pace, escape the pressures of the modern world and stay with us at our four diamond country inn for all of your lodging needs. Choose the Red Maple Inn, a beautiful location, where you can experience quality of life with clean air, water, and open space.
From Pittsburgh Area
- Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-76) West to Ohio Turnpike (I-80)
- Get off at Exit 193
- Take Route 44 North to Route 87 (about 17 miles)
- Follow 87 East to Burton (2 1/2 hours)
From Columbus Area
- Take I-71 North to I-76 East (Akron)
- Exit at Route 44 North (Ravenna)
- Take Route 44 North to Route 87 (about 17 miles)
- Follow 87 East to Burton (3 1/4 hours)
From Youngstown & Warren Area
- Take 422 West to Route 168 in Parkman
- Follow 168 North to Burton