The Inn at Celebrity Dairy
Table Of Contents
Just a short drive from the cities in North Carolina's urban crescent, the Inn at Celebrity Dairy invites you to experience life lived at the pace of a small family farm. Sheltered on a gentle knoll under 250 year old oak trees, the Inn is actually two buildings: a modern Greek Revival farmhouse skirted by wide porches, and the original settler's 1800 log cabin. The two-story atrium joining the two serves as the farm's gathering room. Surrounding outbuildings attest to the farm's past and present: the original log hay barn and granary, 1880's smoke house, 1940's tobacco barns, and most recently - our farmstead goat dairy, producing award-winning goat cheese.
We invite you to make yourselves at home. Share our simple pleasures: a goat's affection, a moonrise undimmed by city lights, or relaxing by an evening fire. Drift off to sleep listening to whippoorwills or neighborhood owls. Awake to breakfast with the farm crew after the morning milking. Savor the intense flavors of eggs from our free range chickens and other seasonal treats from our kitchen or neighbor's gardens.
Just A Few of The Area Attractions
There are plenty things to do here on the farm. We have some wonderful walking trails for bird watching or mountain bike riding and there is always the milking of the goats that happens everyday at 6am and 6pm. If you are interested in getting off the farm for some entertainment please check out this wonderful spots.
- North Carolina Zoo
- Seagrove Pottery
- Carnavore Preservation Trust
- Goathouse Gallery
- Scenic Downtown Pittsboro
- Music on the Lawn at the Marketplace
- Live Music at the General Store in Saxapahaw
- Live Music at the Bynum Front Porch
- Shakori Hills Music Festival
- Silk Hope's Old Fashioned Farmer's Day
- Art Walk Siler City
Mornings at The Inn at Celebrity Dairy
Dairy mornings start early, but usually by 8:30 the goats are all milked, the milking parlor washdown completed, and the day's cheesemaking is started. Time for a sitdown break, and our communal breakfast shared alike by guests and the farm crew. Our breakfast gathering place is a long keeping table at the south end of the atrium. Here with the changing seasons we enjoy gentle summer light filtered by the high canopy of surrounding oaks, or soak up the low winter sun as it spills in across the keeping table.
Signature ingredients of our breakfast fare include (naturally) our own chèvre, and the eggs from our free range yard chickens. Chèvre regularly appears on the table as a soft fresh Montrachet style cheese, and as a creamy condiment sweetened with fruit preserves.
Whether starring as omelettes or fritattas, or playing supporting roles with scones and other quickbreads, the eggs from our free range chickens impart an intensity of flavor and color that eclipse their store-bought cousins. (No wonder people come to the farm market at 7:00 AM on Saturday just to buy eggs) Fresh-ground organic spelt flour from nearby Lindley's Mill goes into Fleming's Market Scones. The supporting cast of fresh-roasted coffee from Counter Culture - who flatter us with our own coffee blend, too many types of tea, and seasonal fruits and preserves from our neighbors' gardens overflow the table.
Weddings & Special Events
Inn Style - is it right for you?
Our inn's understated elegance provides you graceful but unpretentious support for the celebration of your choosing. The absence of urban distractions aids in focusing attention upon your celebration and reunion with friends and family.
Our 300 Acre working dairy farm provides a simple and peaceful country setting. The 100 or so dairy goats, 40-50 free-range chickens scratching in the yard, and the odd peacock or barn cat provide a link to nature and our agrarian past. The occasional impromptu goat escape or visiting chicken may either add to or detract from your event.
Family & Professional Gatherings
The Inn is available to host your group's meeting, retreat, wedding or family event. Be it a party or retreat, our off-the-beaten-path location provides the perfect quiet country venue for your meeting. The seclusion found on our 300 acres of farm and forest land provides a respite from your colleagues or guests everyday lives, while the Inn's quiet comfort gives you the support necessary to concentrate on professional development or family celebrations free from many of life's everyday distractions.
In-Door Party or Meeting Spaces
The Inn's two indoor public rooms: the original ca 1800 log cabin (400 sq. ft - 18X24) provides you with an intimate sitting room; and our 2-story Atrium (1000 sq. ft - 20X53) a gracious setting for rehearsal dinners of up to 70 and stand-up receptions for up to 150 guests. The stone fireplace in the Atrium provides a spectacular backdrop for a wedding cake.
Outdoor Party or Meeting Spaces
Season permitting, your will take advantage of our grounds and shade from the magnificent 300-year old oak trees. Outdoor events can easily accommodate 200+ guests.
- Large wrap-around porches have variously served for wedding ceremonies, musicians, reception lines, and bar facilities
- Well-shaded lawn adjoining Atrium and side porch the inn has space for a 30X50 tent
- A 16X24 covered porch outside the kitchen (adjacent to the tent area) provides an ideal location for a band setup
- Sufficient parking in the front pasture will accommodate all the cars in your party
The Inn has 8 guest rooms: 6 rooms with private baths on the first & second floors, and two 3rd floor attic rooms with a shared bath. . Four rooms have queen beds suitable for double occupancy, and the other three have king (or alternately twin) beds, with room for an additional rollaway bed in each room. One ground floor bedroom is fully handicap accessible. Two 3rd floor attic rooms (shared bath) may also be available, making to a total of 8 guest rooms. You'll find our neighboring B&Bs happy to accommodate additional guests -(four rooms at nearby B&B at Laurel Ridge, and eight at Rosemary House in Pittsboro). Conventional lodging is also available at the Day's Inn and Country Hearth motels in Silver City.
Of course - Celebrity Dairy is noted for our award-winning goat cheese. We are happy to provide cheese trays and appetizers featuring our cheeses. Food from our kitchen features seasonal locally grown produce, and would be similar to the seasonal menus we offer at our gourmet dinners. Should a large party exceed our kitchen's capacity, other approved caterers may provide some or all of the food for your event. We can recommend caterers, wedding cake bakers, and other support services.
For weddings and other family celebrations, we offer the inn for you exclusive use for two or more days - typically from Friday noon through Sunday noon. Your party receives full use of the inn's public rooms, immediate grounds, and the 6 guest rooms on the first and second floors of the inn. The two attic bedrooms & shared bath may also be available (additional charge). Please visit our website for more information.
Children are welcome, and there is no charge for children under 12.
How To Find Us
The Inn at Celebrity Dairy is located in Chatham County's Silk Hope community midway between the towns of Pittsboro and Siler City in the heart of North Carolina's Piedmont. A 35 mile arc from our farm reaches the the cities of the Triad (Greensboro/High Point), Burlington, and the Triangle (Chapel Hill, Raleigh, & Durham). We're a scant hour's drive from both the Raleigh/Durham (RDU) and the Greensboro (GSO) airports.
From points east (through Pittsboro)
from the intersection of US 64 bypass and US 15-501 just north of Pittsboro (middle of three Pittsboro exits off of US 64):
- Drive 11.4 miles west on US 64, and turn right on Mt. Vernon-Hickory Mtn. Rd. (alternately from downtown Pittsboro - starting at Pittsboro Courthouse traffic circle, drive 10.2 mi. west on US 64, and turn right (north) on Mt. Vernon-Hickory Mtn. Rd).
- Drive 2 miles north on Mt. Vernon Hickory Mtn Rd until you see the Celebrity Dairy sign.
- Turn right at the Celebrity Dairy Way roadsign into our private gravel farm drive. The Inn is set back 1/4 mile from the road.
- Guest parking is along the downhill side of the Inn. A concrete sidewalk leads from the parking area to our main entrance in the side of the inn. (Landmark on US 64 - look for Joy Baptist Church on the right hand (north) side of US 64 - continue driving west another 1 mile on US 64 to our road).
From points west (through Silver City)
from the intersection of US 64 with the US 421-Bypass on the east side of Siler City:
- Drive 4 mi. east, and turn left on Mt. Vernon-Hickory Mtn. Rd.
- Drive 2 miles north on Mt. Vernon Hickory Mtn Rd until you see the Celebrity Dairy sign.
- Turn right at the Celebrity Dairy Way road sign into our private gravel farm drive. The Inn is set back 1/4 mile from the road.
- Guest parking is along the downhill side of the Inn. A concrete sidewalk leads from the parking area to our main entrance in the side of the inn. (Landmark on US 64 -look for Hart Furniture on the left hand (north) side of US 64: continue driving east another 1/2 mile on US 64 to our road)