Pilot Knob Inn
Table Of Contents
Situated on the eastern slope of Pilot Mountain, North Carolina, and nestled in a wooded landscape, Pilot Knob Inn's individual log cabins are designed to provide you with the rustic charm of yesteryear along with the comforts we enjoy today.
The massive timbers and stone fireplaces recall a time when life was hard and simple, while comfortably appointed furnishings and whirlpools built for two belie the fact that your vacation home was converted from a 100 year-old tobacco barn.
Yes, we are the Tobacco Barn Cabins you may have seen featured on the HGTV Special, Our State Magazine, Mid Atlantic Magazine Or Victoria, Southern Living, and The Roanoker. Come and experience what you cannot find anywhere else and see why our guests return to Pilot Knob year after year.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Jennifer and Will Allen for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Most guests stay at our place because we offer privacy, whether in a Tobacco Barn cabin or a Luxurious Suite.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We are best known for our Tobacco Barn Cabins and we feel like our inn is unique because we are on 100 acres with such a variety to offer to our guests, from rustic historic appeal to upscale luxury. Most of our guests love our inn because we respect your privacy since this is a romantic getaway. We are here if you need us, but do not bother you unless needed. All of our suites and cabins come equipped with everything you need to make your retreat perfect and all our suites offer totally private entrances and no one occupies the main lodge so it is private too.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
The #1 reason to visit Pilot Mountain is to feel as if you have stepped back in time to “Mt. Pilot” from the Andy Griffith show. Everybody here is just as friendly as they were on the show.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
The best compliment we have ever received is that we were named as a Top 10 Inns Worldwide two years ago and this was based on guest reviews.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
We don’t have many secrets about this area, but a lot of people are not aware of the Yadkin Valley Wine Country. There are lots of wineries and guests can make several days out of wine tours.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Visit Andy Griffith’s hometown in Mt Airy or “Mayberry”, Hanging Rock State Park, Pilot Mountain State Park, or Blue Ridge Parkway.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
In walking distance is our lake and hiking trails. We are within walking distance of Pilot Mountain State Park.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
13 Bones is a unique restaurant in our area. We also have Trio’s in Mount Airy & Saunders Ridge, a totally organic restaurant.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
Our best area website would be the chambers website: www.visitmayberry.com.
How many rooms does your inn have?
7 Cabins, 5 Suites, and 1 Cottage.
Do you accept pets?
We allow small dogs less than 35 lbs. in two cabins for a nightly fee – there are other area pet motels for larger dogs.
- Along the Yadkin Valley Wine Trail
- Private cabins & Honeymoon suites
- Whirlpools for two
- Private entrances
- High Speed Wireless Internet
- Full breakfast with Mountain View
The Pilot Knob Inn Bed and Breakfast received the recognition based on positive reviews from guests who have visited one of the site's seven tobacco barn log cabins or five suites, all securely nestled in the wooded landscape on the eastern slope of Pilot Mountain.
Certificate of Excellence
Scenic Pilot Mountain State Park is but one of many beautiful parks in the immediate area. A short drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway will take you to Doughton State Park, Cumberland Knob, and Fairystone Park. Only a few miles away you can enjoy horseback riding, hiking at the Yadkin Island Park, or swimming in the clear mountain lake at Hanging Rock State Park which boasts the most splendid natural waterfalls in the area. We are along the Yadkin Valley Wine Trail & a guest could spend a few days in itself touring local wineries.
Please see our Area attractions& Things to Dopage for more information. Drive to the north along the Blue Ridge Parkway will take you to Mabry Mill, where they still grind corn and entertain you with local music and clog dancing. Historic Old Salem will surely transport you in time to an 18th Century Moravian community. While there, be sure to visit the museum of Early Southern Decorative Art or one of the many other museums in Winston-Salem.
Spring, Summer, and Fall are all times for local festivals. Here, you may enjoy one of the many Bluegrass festivals or town fairs featuring antiques, local crafts, and flea markets.
Pilot Knob Inn Bed & Breakfast has a 6-acre lake in walking distance from all cabins & suites. The lake has rowboats & paddleboats & any of our guests can fish on the lake. All of this is included in the price and is at no additional cost. Also within walking distance from all cabins and suites, is a spacious picnic area. We are not responsible for any accidents on this property. Everything on property is at your own risk.
We have High Speed Wireless Internet available in all cabins and suites for our guests to use and also a welcoming long walk way. Leave those troubles behind you. Just a short hike on our property to our Swinging Bridge.
We are an Inn designed with romance in mind for your perfect romantic getaway for you & your sweetheart, so we are sorry, but we do not accommodate children. Due to overwhelming requests we are "trying" a New Pet Policy in Cabin 2 Only!
Our cabins are perfect for a secluded getaway, but if you prefer not to "rough it," our luxurious suites are now available. All suites are non-smoking, with gas logs and are fully equipped. Satellite TV, VCR, refrigerator & coffee maker. A full breakfast is included in the price of all of our cabins & suites. All suites have either a whirlpool jacuzzi tub for two & the Penthouse & Pilot Knob Suite have hot tubs! We have 6 cabins that we refer to as the tobacco barn cabins, all 6 are 100 years old or older. They are found along the road coming into Pilot Knob Inn Bed & Breakfast. Each cabin has a large stone wood burning fireplace, whirlpool tubs for two, Satellite TV, VCR, refrigerator, coffee makers, microwave. There are front porches on all cabins & bedrooms in loft. All cabins are Non Smoking. Please see Our Policies for information on our Non- Smoking Policy.
Breakfast is included in the price of your stay at Pilot Knob. We offer a full breakfast to our guests in our breakfast room which is set up with individual tables for two & a large open fireplace. Our Breakfast Room is a gorgeous room with tall ceilings & glass across the back of this room so all of our guests can enjoy our beautiful view of Pilot Mountain while enjoying breakfast. Breakfast is served daily from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Anytime between that hour you may be seated. Guests are welcome to pick up their breakfast and take it back to the room. We also have a movie library with a large selection of movies for our guests to choose from. High speed wireless(Computers not available, just wireless for your laptop) is available in our breakfast room, which is always open.
P.O. Box 1280 Pilot Mountain, North Carolina 27041
The B&B Suites
Our Suites are located in this building. There are three suites, breakfast room & one cabin attached to the front of this lodge. Each suite has a totally private entrance and offers ultimate privacy.
Our picnic area has a picnic table, ceiling fan and park grill (charcoal not provided). The picnic area is open for all guests to use and is centrally located to all suites and cabins.
6 Acre Lake
This is our private 6 acre lake. The lake is stocked with bass, brim, crappie & catfish! Being a private lake a fishing license is not required. Bring your own fishing rods and bait. Rowboats, paddleboats and a canoe are provided for guest use at no additional charge!
Another View of the B&B
Gift Certificate Prices
- Available for weekends on Friday & Saturday or Saturday & Sunday: $318 + tax
- Midweek gift certificates available for one night, Sunday thru Thursday evenings for the cabins: $129 + tax
- Good for 1 year and can be upgraded to a suite of a higher rate or can be purchased for any specific room for a weekend (2 Night minimum for weekend gift certificates)
Gift Certificate Information
- Offered in any dollar amount you would like to purchase
- Sometimes we have a two-night minimum on Saturdays, so Fridays are more available if you purchase a dollar amount
- Gift certificated cannot be used on Holidays or Special Event times that our prices may be peaked or weekends in the month of October(No exceptions)
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen gift certificates and you must present your gift certificate at check-in
- To request a Gift Certificate, please email us at email@example.com or call (336) 325-2502
Feel safe in purchasing a gift certificate for your loved one! We have been in business since 1983 and we aren't going anywhere!
Tobacco Barn Cabins
There are 6 tobacco cabins, each a 100 years old or older, and available for your enjoyment. All cabins are non-smoking. Smoking is allowed on porches outside on all cabins. Please see Our Policies for info on our Non- Smoking Policy.
Due to overwhelming requests, we are "trying" a new pet policy for Cabin 2 only!
Tobacco Barn Cabins Features
- Each cabin is 850 square feet Two Story with Bedroom Upstairs
- Equipped with one bedroom
- A large stone wood-burning fireplace(we provide the wood)
- Regular Full Satelitte TV,& DVD
- Refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave
- Whirlpool tub for 2 (with shower)
- Central heat & Air conditioning
- All cabins have Whirlpool Tubs for two & Showers
- Gas Logs
- Fireplaces are seasonally operational from September 1st to May 31st
- Comfortable living room areas are found in each of the Tobacco Barn Cabins
- Furnishings like you were at home
Below are some pictures from our other cabins:
The breakfast room is located in the main building with the B&B suites. This room offers a cozy & comfortable atmosphere for meeting and eating.
- Breakfast is served daily from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
- Anytime between that hour you may be seated
- Guests are welcome to pick up their breakfast and take it back to the room
- Belgian waffles
- Scrambled Eggs & a side meat (e.g. bacon, sausage country ham, etc.)
- Orange juice
- Muffins or bread
- A full breakfast is included in your nightly rate of any cabin or suite
For our Business Travelers:
- We offer special midweek rates
- Call the innkeeper to set up arrangements and get rate information
- High Speed Wireless Internet in all cabins and suites for our guests to use
- Our breakfast room area is available to be reserved for conferences, meetings and executive retreats depending on your needs
- Please call Jennifer to reserve breakfast room at(336) 325-2502 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for rates
- We are not responsible for any accidents that may occur while on this property
- Life jackets are required on our lake and we supply them
- No children under 18 years of age
- For the Tobacco Barn Cabin #2 ONLY!
- A small pet to accompany you in your cabin is allowed for a fee of $30 Per Night
- No cats! Dogs only.
- Only well behaved animals that are trained are allowed and they must be on a leash at all times outside of the cabins
- Pets must be crated (not provided) in your cabin if you ever leave them unattended
- If you do not have a crate you must not leave them unattended
- You will be responsible for any damage caused by your pet and you will be charged
- There is a resident pet, "Jean", our dog, that lives on site
- The Local Boarding Kennel - Westfield Kennels (336) 351-5049 www.westfieldkennels.com
Check-In & Check-Out
- Check-In: 3pm and until whenever needed
- Check-Out: 11am (you may stay later on the property at the lake)
- Early Check-In and late check-out options available for $15 per hour inquire with Innkeeper
- No smoking allowed in any cabin or suite
- If you smoke in any room, there will be a cleaning fee added to your room which could total to a maximum rate of $200
- Smoking allowed on porches only! No Exceptions!
- Double occupancy only
- If you are inquiring about an additional adult guest please contact the innkeeper for arrangements and pricing
- $50 extra per person per night
- Extra guest only allowed if prearranged
- Prearrangements available for traveling families with adult guest
- October 1st- October 31st (Peak season): Friday and Saturday are two night minimums
- You cannot reserve a Saturday without a Friday or a Sunday
- November 15th through September 30th Saturday nights only may not always be available
- Friday only's are always available, but Saturday may need to be combined with a Friday or a Sunday
- You may send in your reservation, but it must be approved by the innkeeper depending on the availability
- No visitors allowed on property unless prearranged and no visitors are allowed to use the lake
- No additional cleaning fee(All cleaning fees are included in your rate)
- We do not come in your cabin or suite while you are here
- We will supply you with fresh towels and linens and pick up your trash daily if requested
- 7 day cancellation for one night reservation; non-refundable if 7 days notice not given
- 14 days for two night cancellation; A minimum of 14 days required to cancel on a 2 night reservation
- If you cancel within the 14 days of your time of arrival then you are still responsible for the entire two nights you have reserved
- We do not refund for weather, sickness or anything out of our control
- Three or more days requires a 30 Day Cancellation
- If you book 4 or more nights or on a holiday, one night will be taken up front for a Deposit and this night is Non-Refundable
- MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit cards, Amex, and cash accepted
- Must have a valid Credit Card to reserve a room
Please contact the innkeeper if you have any questions about these policies we will gladly explain and help you in any way.
The Stables of Pilot Knob (Now Open)
Come and ride the trails of Pilot Mountain. The Trails of Pilot Mountain & Sauratown Mountain run right through our property; miles and miles of trails. For more information on the trails click on www.sauratowntrails.org
- Bring your own horse
- $50 a stall per night
- 30 day cancellation for stall reservations
- Water available to wash your horse
- Hay & fresh bedding provided for each horse(current coggins is needed for your stay)
Contact the innkeeper for more information and reservations. If you prefer to just go horseback riding, call Bregman's Trail Riding (less than 2 miles)from Pilot Knob (336) 368-5740 or about 15 minutes,
Ogburn Stables (336) 983-2279.
Area Attractions & Things To Do
Mount Airy Attractions
The Andy Griffith Playhouse, circa 1920, is Mount Airy's first known site of a public school, the Rockford Street School. It is located at 218 Rockford. St. Andy Griffith attended elementary school and performed on stage here during the 1930s and 1940s. The Surry Arts Council leased the building in 1975 and renovated it into a theatre and arts center. The building was named in Andy Griffith's honor during the early 1970s.
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm
- Saturday and Sunday at various times
- Call for a schedule of events at 336-786-7998 or 1-800-286-6193; Fax: 336-786-9822
- Mailing address: Surry Arts Council, P.O. Box 141, 218 Rockford St, Mount Airy, N.C. 27030
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Website: www.surryarts.org
Mabry Mill is located in Meadows of Dan, Va. at Milepost 176 on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is open seven days a week from 8 am to 6 pm from the last weekend in April throughout October.
Demonstrations that may include sorghum molasses making, apple butter making, grinding corn and buck wheat take place every Sunday from 2-5 p.m. The mill emphasizes the pioneer culture of the Blue Ridge Highlands and impromptu music and dancing are usually a part of Sunday afternoon activities. Free admission. Food and drinks are available at the restaurant on the premises. For more information, contact 276-952-2947.
The Rockford Preservation Society
The Rockford Preservation Society Inc. was organized in 1972 to stabilize and preserve the town of Rockford. The town of Rockford was established by a legislative act in 1789 and served as the county seat of Surry County until 1853. At that time, Surry County encompassed present day Yadkin County. The town bustled with hotels, taverns, mills and general stores. As the county seat, Rockford became a commercial center, as well as, the hub of county and private business transactions.
The town of Rockford was placed on the National Register of Historic places in 1976; the Rockford Preservation Society was incorporated the same year. Today, Rockford represents a part of Surry County's unique history and has become quite a tourist attraction.
Rockford General Store
Visitors to Rockford can also enjoy looking at the antiques, candy and odds-and-ends that fill the Rockford General Store. Operating Hours: Closed Monday and Tuesday; open Wednesday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; and open Sunday, 1-5 p.m. For more information, call 336-374-5317.
For information about many more Mount Airy/Mayberry attractions please give us a call.
More Area Attractions
- We have a seasonal Haunted House. It is a top 25 must see attractions: Hacker House 336 - 351 - DARK on Hacker House Trail, Pilot Mountain, NC. Search for Hacker Houe on Facebook and Youtube.
- Blue Ridge Parkway:Ranked as "America's Most Scenic Drive" 30 minute drive from B&B
- Pilot Mountain State Park: Also known as "Mount Pilot" from the Mayberry Show. Within walking distance from our B&B
- Hanging Rock State Park:Waterfalls, boating, picnicking, fishing, rock climbing, repelling, hiking, horseback riding & swimming in the 12 acre lake; 15 mile drive; Call (336) 593-8480
- Stone Mountain State Park:600 foot granite dome; more than 17 miles of designated trout waters, Hiking, fly fishing, picnicking, rock climbing, repelling & horseback riding, about a 35 mile drive, open 8AM - 5PM; Call (336) 957-8185
- Tanglewood Park:Clemmons, NC, Full park including horseback riding; Open daily 7AM; Dusk year round admission Call (336) 766-9540
- Horne Creek Farm:April-October Hours: Tuesday-Saturday at 10:00am- 4:00pm; (336) 325-2298; Admission is free; Reconstruct the physical environment and seasonal work cycle of a North Carolina family farm
- Old Salem:A Moravian Community; (888) 653-7253
- Tri-State Angler Guide Service:Our guides specialize in fly fishing float and wade trips for trout and smallmouth bass
- Creekside Cinema:605 S. Bluemont Rd. Mount Airy, NC 27030
- Beaver Creek - 225 Pratt Rd Dobson, NC (336) 374-5670
- Rivermont Golf Course - 420 River Siloam Rd. Siloam, NC (336) 374-2384
- Cross Creek Country Club - 1129 Greenhill Rd Mt Airy, NC (336) 789-5131
- Pine Ridge Classic - 562 Haystack Rd Mt Airy,NC (336) 320-2233
- Pilot Mountain Country Club - (336)368-2828
- Bowling at Mt Airy Lanes - 930 W. Lebanon Street Mt Airy, NC (336) 783-0704
- Yadkin Valley Bike Trail
- High Point International Horne Furniture Center: The home of the largest Home Furniture show in the world
- Korner's Folly:The strangest house in the world; (336) 996-7922
- Canoe & Kayaking - The Dan River Co.:(336) 866-2628
- Hanging Rock Outdoor Center:(336) 593-8283
- Yadkin River Adventures:Full Day & 1/2 Day Trips: (336) 374-5318
- Mabry Mill:The Blue Ridge Parkway's most photographed location; (276) 952-2947
- Reynolda House Museum of American Art:(336) 725-5325
- Wally's Service Station: Offering Squad Car Tours.Located at 625 S Main Street in Mt Airy; Hours: Monday-Friday at 9AM - 5PM and Saturday 10AM - 3PM; (336) 719-0181 or 789-OPIE.
- Cloud Nine Hot Air Ballooning:Yadkin Valley Balloon Adventures: (336) 922-7207
- Hot Air Ballooning with Avian Adventures:(336) 699-3332
- Park Avenue Limo:Winery tours; (866) 959-Limo
- NC. Dept.of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Shelton Vineyards:First time visitors only request a special free tour and tasting valid for two
- Round Peak
- Yadkin Valley
- Yadkin Valley Wine Trail:Includes maps and schedules of special events, including concerts & wine festivals
- RagApple Lassie:Booneville, NC 1-866-RAGAPPLE
- HUTTON VINEYARDS :(336) 374-2621 Located less than 1 mile from Historic Rockford
- Chateau Morrisette: Meadows of Dan, Va. (45 min drive),(540) 593-2865 Lunch: Wednesday-Sunday - Dinner: Friday and Saturday
- Saturday Morning Jam Session :Join the jammers on the stage of the Surry Arts Council's Historic downtown cinema 142 N Main Street, Mt Airy for 90 minuites of music by some of our area's pickers every Saturday morning at 9am until 10:30am. Call (800) 286-6193 or (336)786-7998 www.surryarts.org
- Blue Ridge Jamboree:(Third Saturday Monthly) Admission $7.00; Contact the Surry Arts Council.
- Tim Fry's Pickin on the Creek: Live music concerts are held each month scheduled Saturday at 7:30 pm at Granite City Floor Covering, 3332 Westfield Rd Hwy 89, Mount Airy; $5.00 per person; (336)786-5039
- Thursday night jam session: Andy Griffith Playhouse, 218 Rockford Street, Mt Airy. Contact the Surry Arts Council
- In-room Massages available: Call Diane Blakemore at (336) 345-0328 or Call Penni Miller at (336) 971-1542
- Infinitydayspa.com in Mount Airy North Carolina (336)719-1633
- State Street StationShopping in Greensboro
- Seagrove Potteries
- The Main Oak Emporium
- Home of The Official Andy Griffith Collection: Enjoy a cup of Coffee, Specialty drinks, Smoothies & Lunch Live Entertainment on Thursdays and Weekends at the Good Life Cafe, Furniture, antiques, art, home accents, garden items, wine & gourmet foods, Good Life outfitters & much more collectibles, (336) 789-2404
- Bregman's Trail Riding (within 2 Miles from our Inn); (336)368-5740 "People Friendly Horses"
- Ogburn Stables - 15 min from Pilot Knob Inn - (336)983-2279.
- Mount Airy Museum of Regional History(336) 786-4478; Tuesday-Friday: 10am - 4pm; Saturday from 10am - 4pm; Small admission fee
- Rockford General Store:Sells Hand dipped Ice Cream, old fashioned Candy, Hoope Cheese and more (336)374-5317; Closed Saturday
- www.hiddenitegems.comfor mining for gems or 1-866-600-GEMS
- Carolina Ziplines Canopy Tour:(336)972-7656; Harness and ride through the forest canopy on over 4,000 feet of steel cable; Be sure to mention you found them from Pilot Knob Inn and they will give you a 10% discount
- www.prohealthcenter.com:Northwest Medical Partners / PROHEALTH Center is $5.00 for a daily pass. You can use their indoor walking track, indoor lap pool, outdoor swimming pool, spa hottub, all nautilus equip stair master, free weights bikes & much more. This is a 15 minute drive straight up Hwy 52N in Mt Airy, NC
- www.homplacepark.com:Swimming & miniature golf; 15 minutes from Pilot Knob Inn
- Colonial Mayberry Mall - 80A-3 Colonial Mayberry Mall Mount Airy NC 27030 (336) 786-1005 which has 25 stores including belk, bath & body works, jcpenny's and is within 15 minutes of a drive from Pilot Knob Inn.
- Hanes Mall- 3320 Silas Creek Parkway #264 Winston Salem NC 27103 (336) 765-8321; 203 stores For all your shopping needs, approx 20-25 minutes from Pilot Knob Inn.
- www.salemcreek.com- 694 Hanes Mall Blvd Winston salem NC 27103; Unique Gifts & Collectibles 336 760-1717
- Back to the Basics Wagon Rides (Mount Airy): Approximately 1 mile long, downtown historic Main Street to our lit Christmas Tree in back; pick up point, old City Jail; Hours: Fridays until 5:30 until; Saturdays until 5:30; Sundays until 2:00; $5 per person; Call (336)755-7385
- Small Elopement Weddings: On the property or at the mountain are available; If you would like a preacher to meet you somewhere with your own special arrangements please contact Bruce Hodges at (336)648-5823; Leave a message with Bruce: (973) 800-2355
Winston Salem, NC
- Ryans Restaurant, Coliseum Drive (336) 724-6132 (less than 20 minutes from Pilot Knob Inn!)
- Outback Steakhouse - (336) 760-4329, 505 Highland Oaks Dr Winston Salem NC 27103
- Arigato's - 2995 Bethesda Pl Winston Salem NC 27103 (336) 765-7792 Authentic Japanese Steakhouse & Restaurant food prepared in front of you Reservations Suggested & sometimes Required.
- Red Lobster - 1690 Westbrook Plaza Dr Winston Salem NC 27103 (336) 768-3110
- www.zevelyhouse.com (336) 725-6666; 901 W. Fourth Street Winston Salem NC 27101; Tues - Sat from 5:30 till 9pm
- Village Tavern (336) 760-8686; 2000 Griffith Rd (at the corner of Hanes Mall Blvd & Stratford Rd); Serves Mon - Thurs 11am till 11pm Fri & Sat 11am till Midnight Sunday 9am 10pm Brunch Sunday 10-3pm
- River Birch Lodge - Open 7 Days a Week -- 3324 Robinhood Road Winston Salem, NC 27106; large selection shrimp, salmon, chicken, trout, pork tenderloin, pasta, lasagna, vegetable platter, spinach and wild mushroom rolls, quesadilla, nachos, wings, pine nut shrimps, steak mignon, salmon wrap, homemade pizza's, wine, desserts.
Pilot Mountain, NC
Rigatoni's Italian Restaurant
- (336) 368-3200
- Hours: Monday thru Thursday 11 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.; Sunday 12 noon to 10:00 p.m
- For BBQ, Burgers, Hot Dogs & Ice Cream at the Pilot Mountain Elkin
- Exit In Pilot Mountain beside Rigatoni's
Pilot Mountain Country Club
- (336) 368-2828 by reservations only (please mention that you are our guests they will be sure to get you in); only open Fridays for dinner
- 511 E 52 Bypass Pilot Mountain, NC 27041
- Mexican food - Really Good
- (336) 368-1488
- 626 S Key street Pilot Mountain
- Located on Main Street downtown Pilot Mountain
- (336) 368-2325
- Open Tues - Saturday from 11am till 9pm; Serves Greek, American, Homecooking & Italian "Great Food!"
- Menu Samples: Vegetarian Spaghetti & Baked Spaghetti Mozzarella & Spaghetti & Meatballs $6.95 (w/ salad) Shrimp Scampi with Fettuccine Alfredo $9.95 (w/ salad) Italian Lasagna, Blackened Chicken with Penne, Patmos Chicken & Italian Manicotti (All $7.95 w/ salad) Spanakopita, Gyro & Souvlaki $7.95 ea w/ salad Tour of Greece 10.95 sampling of spanakopita, gyro & beef strips Blackened Filet Mignon 6 oz $10.95, 8 oz 13.95 Grilled Ribeye 8 oz 11.95 & 12 oz 13.95 Shrimp & Grits 9.95 Southern Fried Chicken 6.95 w gravy & mashed potatoes Pork Pomfritz 8.95 topped with mozzarella & grilled mushrooms & onions Grilled Salmon 8.95- Broiled Tilapia 8.95 Broiled Tiger Shrimp 9.95 all w/ salads This is a sample prices subject to change & there is more on their menu this is a small selection of their menu!
- On Main Street in Pilot Mountain
- (336) 368-0024 or (336) 368-0025
- Will deliver to Pilot Knob Inn
- Open Monday - Saturday
Mountain View Buffet & Menu
Mt. Airy, NC
- 243 North Main Street, Mt. Airy
- (336) 786-1993
- Family Style
- Hours: 11:00AM to 9:00PM
- 125 N. Main Street, Mt. Airy
- (336) 786-4931
- Family Style
- Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 5:45AM - 1:45 PM, Thursday & Saturday; 5:45AM - 1:15PM, Closed Sunday
- (Mentioned many times on the Mayberry Show, The Snappy Lunch is the home of the famous "Pork Chop Sandwich")
The Main Oak Emporium
- (336) 789-2404
- Home of The Official Andy Griffith Collection
- Enjoy a cup of Coffee, Specialty drinks, Smoothies & Lunch Live Entertainment on Thursdays & Weekends at the Good Life Cafe
- furniture, antiques, art, home accents, garden items, wine & gourmet foods, Good Life outfitters & much more collectibles
- (Food Gone Wild!)
- 458 North Andy Griffith Pkwy (HWY 52) in Mt Airy
- Hours: Open Monday - Thursday 11:00AM - 10:00PM, Friday & Saturday 11:00AM - 11:00PM, Closed Sunday
- (336) 786-1845
- (336) 789-0815
Long John Silvers
- 1960 Rockford St Mt Airy
- (336) 789-2551
Lonestar Steak House & Saloon
- 1905 Woodlan Dr
- (336) 789-0142
- Off Hwy 52 N
- (336) 789-5065
- (336) 786-1400
- 2226 Rockford St In
- (336) 786-1251
- 384 S. Main Street Mt Airy
Mayberry Kountry Kitchen & Pickin Parlor
- (336) 786-6553
- 420 E. Pine Street Mt Airy, NC
- Hours: Tues-Sat 5:30 - 7:00pm; Sunday 7-2pm; Closed Monday
Directions to our Place
361 New Pilot Knob Lane Pinnacle, NC 27043
From the Raleigh/Durham Area
- 85 to 40 West to 52 North to the Pilot Mountain State Park
- Exit 131 at the bottom of the exit ramp at the stop sign
- Make a left & immediate right onto New Pilot Knob Lane gravel road
- Take 1/2 mile to the office on left (cedar sided ranch style house) will have a sign out front
From I-77 South or North
- Merge onto I-74 at Exit 101 (this will dead into Hwy 52 South) and you will be heading towards Pilot Mountain or also towards Winston Salem
- We are the Pilot Mountain State Park Exit (this is not a numbered exit because it is the state park and has a brown sign)
- At the bottom of the exit ramp at the stop sign make a left
- Make a left again onto New Pilot Knob Lane
- We are 1/2 mile on the left to the office which is in the cedar sided ranch style house
From Charlotte/Concord Area
- Take 85 to 52N to Pilot Mountain State Park
- Exit at the bottom of the exit ramp at the stop sign
- Make a left and immediate right onto New Pilot Knob Lane
- We are 1/2 mile up gravel road on left to the office
From Winston Salem, NC (approx 20 minutes)
- Take Hwy 52 North to the Pilot Mountain State Park
- Exit at the bottom of the exit ramp
- Make a left and immediate right onto New Pilot Knob Lane
- We are 1/2 mile on the right of our office
- You will actually pass two of our rental cabins and then office is next thing on right
- Your welcome note will be there that will explain where to go to room or cabin and it will be unlocked and key inside
- Inside room or cabin will be instruction booklet with all the information you need
- Please check in at the office
- Your welcome note will be on the front of the office door
- The cabin or suite will be unlocked and the the key will be inside
- Your cabin or suite will have a welcome booklet that explains everything on the property
- Check in begins at 3pm and until whatever time our guests arrive