The Cove Bed & Breakfast
On the second floor north of Sunset, Lighthouse is furnished in natural wicker with a queen size bed, bench, and large private bath with tub and shower. The vista is of Pamlico Sound to the west, and the open balcony offers sunbathing and a peek at the Lighthouse to the north.
On the second floor of Sunset, Sandpiper has a natural juniper wall behind the wicker queen size bed, and dresser. For reading or relaxing there is a comfy rattan love seat with tables and lamps. The bath has an oversized shower. From the covered balcony the view is of Pamlico Sound.
Occupying the entire third floor of Sunrise, Pamlico is furnished with a queen size four-posted canopy bed, sitting area with white wicker chairs and cushions with matching wicker table, a large antique Smithsonian reproduction wicker desk and chair, and large bath with two-person jetted tub, shower, and comfy robs. The open balcony is great for sunbathing and has views of Pamlico Sound and Springer’s Point, where Blackbeard anchored at Teach’s Hole.
On the second floor of Sunrise, Cedar is furnished in natural wicker with a queen size bed, a desk, and bath with oversized shower. The covered balcony has views of Pamlico Sound.
On the second floor of Sunrise, Dolphin is decorated in a fish motif with queen size iron sleigh bed, a writing table, dresser, and large bath with tub and shower. The balcony is our largest and offers great sun for the frequent sunbather.
On the first floor of Sunrise with shaded private furnished screened porch, wooden swing, and private entrance, Plover is a spacious suite perfect for those who prefer to avoid stairs. Stretch out on the queen size bed and comfortable sitting area with sofa, coffee table, desk and char, hardwood floors with rugs, the large bath with two-person jetted tub, shower, and comfy robes. Adjacent is your outdoor shower for after-beach rinsing.
Occupying the entire third floor of Sunset, this spectacular suite is furnished with a queen sized four-poster bed with bed steps, sitting area with cream colored wicker chairs, cushions, table and desk, dresser, large bath with two-person jetted tub and shower, comfy robs, and an LCD TV. From the open balcony, one will see Pamlico Sound, Springer’s Point and Teach’s Hole (the haunt of Blackbeard), and Portsmouth Island. The the north, one will see the Lighthouse.
Rates and Policies
Nightly Rates: High Season: (5/15-9/15 Suites $235 Rooms: $185
Mid Season: (4/1-5/14 & 9/15-11/14) Suites: $215 Rooms: $165
Off Season: (11/15-3/31) Suites: $185 Rooms: $135
The Cove’s Online Availability & Reservation system is available for your 24-hour convenience, supplementing our traditional personal interactions. Simply click on the Lighthouse icon “Make Reservations” you find on each page. If you prefer or need assistance, feel free to email or telephone and we’ll be glad to help with your Ocracoke vacation.
Call for special rates and complete occupancy. A 10% discount applies to active military, returning guests, and stays of 5 nights or longer at our Ocracoke bed and breakfast. Listed rated do not include applicable taxes on Outer Banks lodging.
- Check In – 3:00 PM. Sorry, no earlier as we’re tidying up for you
- Late Arrival – If you’re planning to arrive later than 7:00 PM, please notify us in advance.
- Check Out – 10:00 AM
- Cancellation – Within 7 days of planned arrival will be charged for one night unless the room can be rebooked. Arrival day cancellation or no-show will be charged for the entire reservation, on the same terms
- Children – 15 and older
- Smoking – on balconies only
- No Pets – Kennel accommodations are available locally
- Payment – Mastercard, Visa, Travelers’ checks, and personal checks accepted.
- Please drive with care! – Lots of youngsters are honing their biking skills on our narrow roads, including some on training wheels, and golf carts are proliferating (and at times erratic). Please observe our 20 MPH (or less) village speed limit
- Bikes – Required to have headlamps and rear reflectors after dark. It’s the law and more importantly, it’s just plain smart!
- Pick up service – We’ll be happy to pick you up at the Ocracoke airstrip or one of the docks. Our dock on Silver Lake accommodates kayaks and boats up to 20 feet or so. Please let us know at the time of your reservation
- The Cove B&B Ocracoke Island lodging is closed January 3rd-31st, annually