Belhaven Water Street Bed and Breakfast, Ltd.
Table Of Contents
Innkeepers, Andy and Karen Fisher, cruised into Belhaven, North Carolina via the Intracoastal Waterway on their 32' Nordic Tug "Whistling Gopher" in November 2002. It was love at first sight for the Fishers. They thoroughly enjoyed the Southern hospitality of Belhaven's residents. Friendly waves, sincere smiles, and caring conversations are "the Norm" in this little town of approximately 1600 people.
Andy, a Realtor since 1970, and Karen, a retired Teacher, renovated their new B&B in 2004. You now find Karen and Andy, proudly greeting guests at their Bed & Breakfast. Their motto, "Come as Guests, Leave as Friends!"
Accommodations include: queen sized beds, high speed internet, fireplaces, private bathrooms, fantastic front porch, and Views of the Belhaven Harbor. The Belhaven Town Dock, restaurants, and downtown specalty shops are a short walk from our B&B. This only begins your enjoyable stay with the Fishers and Belhaven, NC.
This almost new 100-year-old home offers three private guest rooms, butler's pantry stocked with non-alcoholic beverages, 2nd floor reading area with lots of books, a spacious living room/common room with a baby grand piano, books, games, and TV, comfortable front porch to enjoy the Belhaven Harbor. Rates include full or continental breakfasts depending on clients' time frames.
Guests are Encouraged to
- Tickle the ivories
- Read a good book
- Play some games
- Watch a little TV
- Participate in conversation
- Sit on the front porch to watch the boating activity in Belhaven's Harbor
All Gestrooms Feature
- Water views
- Central heat and AC with dual air filters and ionizer
- Plush queen size beds
- Private ceramic tiled baths
- Unique fireplaces
- High speed Internet is available throughout the home
About the Area
Many Intracoastal Waterway boaters anchor in our harbor, dock at the town's marinas, or tie up at Belhaven's Town Dock. The public boat ramp is two blocks away, with floating docks and plenty of parking. Belhaven Water Street Bed & Breakfast is within walking distance of downtown Belhaven where you can grab a coffee and pastry at O'Neals SnackBar/Gingerbread Bakery, lunch and dinner at Spoon River Art Works and Market, Fish Hooks, The Tavern at Jacks Neck, Georgie's Sports and Oyster Bar, or Farm Boys Deck. View visiting boats at the marinas and town dock, munch on some "rat cheese" from the local Ace Hardware; peruse local history at the town museum; get a haircut, manicure, or massage!
Lake Mattamuskeet is a short drive, where you have the unique opportunity to observe rare and unusual birds in their natural habitat, including the migrating Tundra Swan. You can take short drives to see other sites including Swan Quarter for a ferry ride to Ocracoke, 300-year-old Bath, Washington for "Music in the Streets", or Aurora for the fossil museum.
From Raleigh, NC
- From I 95, Exit to Hwy 64E (Rocky Mount)
- To Exit 514 to Hwy 17S toward Washington
- Just before Washington turn left onto HWY 17 Business
- Turn left onto Hwy 264E
- Follow Hwy 264E to 2nd traffic light in Belhaven
- See below*
From New Bern, NC
- North on HWY 17
- As you approach Washington take HWY 17 Business
- Turn onto Hwy 264E in Washington
- Follow Hwy 264E through Washington to 2nd traffic light in Belhaven
- See below*
From Greenville, NC
- Take HWY 264E through Washington
- Onto Belhaven (stay on 264E) to 2nd traffic light in Belhaven
- See below*
- At 2nd traffic light in Belhaven, turn right onto Pamlico St.
- Go 1 block to Water Street
- Turn left onto Water St
- Our home is 0.2 mile on left
- Parking in rear and along side of house
- Main entrance from front porch
Our Belhaven Room Features
- 1st floor bedroom
- Queen sized bed
- Ceiling fan
- Oversized shower
We do have a ramp into our B&B. We consider ourselves 'handicap friendly' but not ADA approved. Give us a call to discuss our facilities in detail in order for you to feel a comfort level with your situation.
Area Website Links
- Town of Belhaven,www.belhavennc.us
- Belhaven, NC Chamber of Commerce, www.belhavenchamber.com
- (BYC) Belhaven Yacht Club,belhavenyachtclub.org
- River Rats Yacht Club,riverratyachtclub.com
- Vidant Pungo Hospital, www.pungodistricthospital.org
- Aurora Fossil Museum, www.aurorafossilmuseum.com
- NC Coastal Plain Paddle Trails, www.ncsu.edu/paddletrails
- NC Estuarium, www.partnershipforthesounds.org
- Beaufort County Arts Council, www.beaufortcountyartscouncil.org
- Washington Daily News, www.wdnweb.com
- Lake Mattamuskeet, www.mattamuskeet.org
- NC Ferry Schedule, www.ncferry.org
- Coldwell Banker Towne Point Realty, www.townepointrealty.com
- Belhaven Waterway Marina,www.belhavenmarina.com
- The Charles Kuralt Trail
- Beaufort County Economic Development Commission (Committee of 100),www.beaufortedc.com