At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn
COVID-19 Information 17 May 2020, 10:38 am
Cumberland Falls has been working hard to be prepared to open with Safety as our main concern. The COVID-19 pandemic has been heartbreaking on all levels and is going to change the way we do things for a while. We wanted to let our guests know what we have done to create as safe environment as is possible for them.
- We have always disinfected our rooms (door knobs, light switches, remotes, handles, surfaces) we will continue to be very detailed in our cleaning. Any updates from the CDC or health department will be applied immediately. We will be using bleach based cleaners and Lysol disinfectant.
- We have begun a new way to sheet our beds so that all linens can be washed on our sanitize cycle. Our rooms won’t look as lavish and beautiful as they once did, but we will brighten all the rooms with fresh flowers and soft colors.
- We have added a HEPA filter to each room and 2 large capacity HEPA filters to the common areas.
- We will be implementing 2 top dining through out the first floor to maintain the 6 foot social distancing requirement.
- We will be adding hand sanitizer to the toiletries available to you in your room.
- We will have disposable face masks available, but encourage you to bring your own.
- We will be placing a pot of coffee or water for tea at each rooms door at 8 am.
- Our staff will be cleaning the common areas and surfaces 2 additional times per day (4 total).
- We will have in room dining or garden dining available for an additional charge
- We will have non-contact check in available upon request
- We will not be providing daily housekeeping unless requested – if requested our cleaning staff will enter the room with gloves, mask and a new smock.
- We will continue to serve breakfast on our regular dishes as our dishwashers have a sanitize cycle that we have always used and is approved by the health department.
The COVID-19 situation remains fluid and we are making adjustments as necessary to adhere to the most current safety protocol. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Apple Pie Cookies 24 Apr 2020, 1:48 pm
3 x pillsbury crescent sheet
Apple filling: 2 medium sized apple – diced
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 T butter
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp all purpose flour
Toss diced apples in lemon juice.
In medium sauce pan, add all apple filling ingredients, stir to coat apple bits and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. If necessary, add 2T of water to ensure mixture doesn’t burn
Cream cheese filling:
1 x 8 oz pkg cream cheese (room temp)
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Cheese filling Process:
Using hand mixer on medium speed, blend ingredients until smooth.
Roll out dough sheets.
Using a 3″ round cutter, punch out 24 dough rounds.
On 12 of the rounds add 1 tsp of cheese filling, topped with 1 tsp of apple filling.
Using a 1″ round cutter, punch holes in the centers of the remaining rounds.
Brush edges of the filling topped rounds with egg wash then cover with a blank dough round. Pinch the edges to seal the two rounds.
Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and bake at 375° for 9 to 12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooking rack to complete cooling.
For aesthetics, instead of a 1″ round, use a small flower or leaf shaped cutter.