Table Of Contents
Welcome to the Rosemont Inn! Conveniently located in Utica's Downtown Historic district, Rosemont Inn is just a few blocks from the Stanley Theater and Munson-Williams Proctor Institute. Italianate Victorian architecture and 7 beautifully decorated guest rooms all with private baths make Rosemont Inn comfortable and inviting for leisure or business travelers alike.
Come celebrate breakfast at the Rosemont Inn by indulging in a four course breakfast served in our dining room between the hours of 8:00 and 9:30. Breakfast begins with our freshly roasted and ground House Blend Coffee, loose leaf teas, and a choice of chilled juices. A seasonal fruit course follows, typically fresh Minted Pineapple, Banana Crunch, or Cardamom Applesauce in Autumn and Winter, Honeydew Blueberry Salad or Peach Parfait with Yogurt and our famous Granola in Spring and Summer. Next, always made from scratch and fresh from the oven may come our Signature Muffins, (made from fresh ground whole wheat flour in a variety of flavors), rich cream scones, cinnamon rolls or maybe a flaky cherry or apple turnover. Finally you will be served a hot and healthy entree. All of our breads come from a local bakery, all jams are the highest qualtiy and all baked goods are made from scratch using fresh, wholesome ingredients, most notably, fresh ground whole wheat flour and butter, coconut or olive oil. Healthy and delicious happily coexist at every breakfast we serve!
- Wi-Fi wireless Internet access throughout the Rosemont Inn
- Cold drinks, including bottled water and various carbonated drinks are available in the refrigerator and homemade snacks will be available in the Parlor.
- Hot drinks including coffee and a variety of teas can also be found in the Parlor.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Rita for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
A variety of reasons. Some come to visit the area/city, college visits, business travel, passing through on the way to somewhere else.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Best known for our outstanding breakfast with all local and/or organic ingredients. We understand food and flavors and make a great breakfast for our gluten-free, vegetarian, low-carb/low sugar, vegan eaters etc., as well as "normal" eaters. Our Inn is unique since we work together with our many children to serve our guests. I most love meeting people who are "kindred spirits" i.e, are curious, enjoy travel and like to discuss and contemplate many issues.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Adirondack Scenic Railroad, Historical Attractions, Fantastic Food.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
The best compliment has been that our decorating style is tasteful and simplified Victorian, rather than "over-the-top" in all of its elements.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Saranac Brewery, which offers the best after-race party for the Boilermaker 15K Race!
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Day 1: Adirondack Scenic Railroad from Utica to Thendara (Old Forge). While there, take one of the Old Forge Scenic Cruise options or take a short hike, have lunch and visit the many shops in town. You will still have time to ride the McCauley Mountain Scenic Chairlift before boarding the train back to Utica. Enjoy dinner at one of our many fine eateries. Day 2: Take the Saranac Brewery tour, visit exhibits at Munson Williams Proctor Institute, have dinner at the Tailor & the Cook and take in a show at the Stanley Theater. Day 3: Play golf, cross-country ski, visit the animals, leisurely stroll or actively jog at the Valley View Golf course/Utica Zoo/ValBialis Ski area all located on Memorial Parkway about 1 mile from the Rosemont Inn. Enjoy our famous Chicken Riggies, Utica Greens or Tomato Pie for lunch or dinner. Day 4: Enjoy your last breakfast at the Inn. Drive out to the Herkimer Diamond Mines and find some crystals or visit the Oneida Mansion house where you can have a guided tour of the building and linger on the beautiful grounds as you make your way back home or on to your next destination.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Munson Williams Proctor Art Institute; many restaurants: Italian, Chinese/Asian, Lebanese, Soul-food, Continental, Seafood, Bars, Fine Dining; In-city Ski Slope, Recreation Center, Liquor Store, Grocery Stores, Laundromat, Public Library, etc!!
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Tailor and the Cook (farm-to-table fine dining with excellent service) but there are many varieties of excellent ethnic cuisines available all over the city.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
Oneida County Tourism, Mohawk Valley Path Through History, Parks and Trails NY.
How many rooms does your inn have?
7 rooms all with private baths and claw-foot tubs.
Do you accept pets?
Yes, we do accept pets for $40 additional cleaning fee.
Rosemont Inn offers a warm welcome and secure environment in which to retreat after a long days journey or attending to business.
Make the Rosemont Inn your home away from home when you are visiting the area for business. The Rosemont Inn is less than 2 miles from all local hospitals, 1/2 mile from downtown Utica and less than 5 miles from most area corporations and universities.
- WiFi access throughout the Inn
- Fax and copy services available at front desk
- Hard-wired Internet connection in some rooms
- All rooms have space to setup a laptop or do other work
- Breakfast available as early as 7am upon request
- Flexible reservation and cancellation policy
- No charge if canceled by phone up to 24 hrs prior to check-in time
- Reserve a room by phone up to one day in advance of stay
- Late check-in available upon request, please call in advance to make arrangements
- Iron and ironing board available upon request
- Hair dryers in all rooms
- NEW! In-room coffee service with French press and our own fresh, organic coffee blend
Directions to the Rosemont Inn
From I90 (NY Throughway)
- Take exit 31. (Sign reads "Exit 31 to i-790/rt-8/rt-12/utica")
- After the toll both bear left heading for downtown Utica Genesee St. South
- At end of exit ramp turn right heading for downtown Utica Genesee St. South
- Go south on Genesee St for 2 miles and the Rosemont Inn will be on your left
From South Rt 12
- Turn right onto Genesee St at Utica Mutual Insurance Company
- Go north on Genesee St for 3 1/2 miles and the Rosemont Inn will be on your right
From Rts. 5, 8 and 12 (Arterial)
- Exit at Burrstone Road
- Go east on Burrstone Road to Genesee St past the Hospital. Stay in the left lane.
- There will be a short fork just before Genesee St. to turn left onto Genesee St.
- Turn left onto Genesee then go 1/2 mile and the Rosemont Inn will be on your right.