The Sea Gypsy Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
If you are looking for the excitement and adventure of the Wildwoods as well as serenity and a good night's sleep, come stay with us at The Sea Gypsy. Our fully restored circa 1900 Queen Anne Victorian home is located on a neighborhood street, just blocks away from the beach, boardwalk, and amusement parks. Interior and exterior detailing make this charming Bed and Breakfast a pure delight. Hardwood floors, antique furnishings, a turret and spacious verandahs conjure memories of a special time in history.
There are numerous delightful taverns and restaurants within walking distance and Cape May is just 10 miles away! Bring the entire family for seaside fun, adventure and comfort. For late fall or early spring beachcombers, we are open year-round.
All of our guest rooms have private baths and are beautifully furnished with antiques. Each room, however, is uniquely different and has different amenities to accommodate all travelers.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Todd for sharing his own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Most travelers stay at our inn because we are within walking distance (2.5 blocks) from the beach, and a short drive from the Delaware Bay which is a prime location for birders during migration seasons.
What are you best known for?
We welcome families and have kid friendly accommodations (fresh baked goods daily.)
What makes your inn unique?
People who really like Wildwood and the Jersey shore like us because we offer a Victorian seashore experience in a town that has a great boardwalk with lots of rides and fun activities.
What do you love most about your inn?
I love that we offer lots of accommodation options and that each of our rooms have unique design and décor, one building features Victorian guest rooms, another has large suites decorated in a craftsman or mission style.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
"We are a home away from home."
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Nature activities: kayaking, nature walks, birding on the back bays and Delaware Bay
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Visit the boardwalk, relax on the beach, visit Cape May (10 minute drive), Cape May County Zoo (15 minute drive, use one of our free bikes to ride around town, have a movie night with our library of DVD’s and popcorn, enjoy ocean breezes on our porches, visit Atlantic City 45 minutes away for outlet shopping, casinos and entertainment.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Beach, boardwalk, many restaurants/bars, antique store, North Wildwood lighthouse and gardens (1.5 mile,) Convention Center (1 mile).
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Dog Tooth Bar and Grille – great menu and beverage selection, for people who like craft beers Good Night Irene’s is a block away and has great brick oven pizza.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 5 rooms with breakfast, 6 suites breakfast optional, 5 suites/efficiency apartments without breakfast these have a full kitchen and are great for families.
Do you accept pets?
No, we don’t accept pets. I refer them to Max by the Sea LLC, https://www.manta.com/d/mmg7h6v/max-by-the-sea-llc or www.bringfido.com
- Full hot breakfast including fresh baked goods and fruit
- Old fashioned candy cupboard with candy, cookies, popcorn and other goodies
- Centrally located microwave and refrigerator
- Living room with TV and VCR and DVD
- Extensive video and DVD collection, books and games for quiet evening entertainment
- Complimentary wine and lemonade, when available
- Use of common facilities after checkout
- Daily chambermaid service
- Shuttle service to bus station
- Heated Jacuzzi on front verandah
- Bicycles for touring the Wildwoods
- All non-smoking rooms. Smoking is permitted outside on the verandah
- Central air conditioning
Wildwood is located on Five-Mile Beach which is the southernmost barrier island on the Jersey Coast. The sandy beaches, salt marshes, and dense forests are a vital stop in the Atlantic Flyway. Our coast is a treasure for bird watchers and dolphin/whale spotters. Eco-tourism activities include:
- The Cape May County Park and Zoo
- The Wetlands Institute
- Cape May Bird Observatory
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary
- Whale and Dolphin watching cruises
- Guided Kayak tours
Directions to The Sea Gypsy
From New York:
- Take the Garden State Parkway South to exit 4B (Wildwood, Wildwood Crest)
- Follow Rt. 47 into Wildwood (Rio Grande Avenue)
- Take the Ben Franklin Bridge or Walt Whitman Bridge to Rt. 42 to Rt. 55 South
- Rt. 55 turns into Rt. 47 South
- Continue on 47 until you are in Wildwood (Rio Grande Avenue)
From Rio Grande Avenue in Wildwood:
- Make a left from Rio Grande onto Atlantic Avenue
- Approximately 2 miles, turn left onto Magnolia Avenue (St. Anne's Catholic Church is on the corner.)
- The Sea Gypsy is on the right at 209 East Magnolia Avenue
When you arrive at The Sea Gypsy, park your car on the street or in the driveway. Use the outside stairs to go up to the second floor to check-in. Please ring the bell so that we know you have arrived.