Lake House At Ferry Point
Laconia Bike Week Rescheduled for August, 2020 25 Jun 2020, 1:29 pm
The Laconia Motorcycle Week is an incredibly popular event that brings thousands of visitors to the Lakes Region of New Hampshire every year. The event normally takes place in June, but for 2020 the event has been postponed and rescheduled until August 22 – 30, 2020. This year will mark the 97th year of this incredible event, actually, and we’re looking forward to hosting people at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast.
The Lake House at Ferry Point is a small Bed and Breakfast located just outside of the town of Laconia. We’re situated on the shores of Lake Winnisquam – in fact, we’re the only lakefront Bed and Breakfast in the Lakes Region! Our quiet and secluded property is the perfect place to relax, unwind, and enjoy the festivities surrounding Laconia Motorcycle Week. August will be here before you know it, so book a room at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today!
Experience Laconia Motorcycle Week in 2020
Laconia Motorcycle Week is an exciting event, and easily one of the best national motorcycle rallies of the year. The motorcycle rally held in Laconia each year is actually considered to be the oldest rally of its kind in the country, which isn’t really a surprise, as New Hampshire has the 2nd largest demographic or motorcycle riders in the country. It had its beginnings in 1916, and today continues to offer the same unparalleled scenery around the Lakes Region of New Hampshire.
Laconia Motorcycle Week offers a packed schedule of events, which include gypsy rides, live music and entertainment, and so much more. The week officially kicks off with the 14th annual Peter Markis Memorial Ride, which will depart from the Naswa Resort on August 20th at 11 am. The ride circumnavigates Lake Winnipesaukee and returns back at 4 pm for food and entertainment.
Throughout the week, there will be plenty of racing action at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS), along with this year’s running of the Loudon Classic, which is the longest-running motorcycle race in America. Another highlight of Lacona Motorcycle Week is the FIM North American Vintage Championships, also held at the NHMS. Other highlights of Laconia Motorcycle Week for 2020 include the following:
- A ride up the tallest peak in the northeast, Mt. Washington, along the Mt. Washington Auto Road
- Motorcycle Demos Headquarters at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway
- Vintage Hill Climb Exposition on Tower Street
- PRO/AM Gunstock Hillclimb
- A covered bridge Gypsy Tour, which includes rides to up to 10 New Hampshire covered bridges
- 27th Annual POW/MIA Freedom Ride, also known as “The Ride to the Rock”
Where to Stay Near Laconia, NH
Though there are plenty of places to stay near Laconia, NH, we’d love to welcome you into our luxury Bed and Breakfast, located on the beautiful shores of Lake Winnisquam. When you’re not participating in Laconia Motorcycle Week activities, you can be here, relaxing on our front porch, and taking in our beautiful lake views. Our Inn has just 10 guest rooms, which means you’ll be ensured a private and quiet space to relax and unwind in New Hampshire’s scenic lakes region.
Each morning of your stay will start with one of our signature breakfasts, and we really do go all out to make sure you leave our table full and satisfied. You’ll definitely be well-fueled for your days’ worth of adventure ahead. But really, your time here at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast is all about enjoying our peaceful surroundings, and taking a few minutes of “you” time during what is otherwise a busy and packed week of motorcycle riding.
Perhaps you even want to extend your vacation by a couple of days, to make sure you fully enjoy your time here in the Lakes Region? We don’t think you’ll regret a second of your time here. August is coming up quickly. Book your room at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today!
Things to do in Laconia NH This Summer 26 May 2020, 1:46 pm
Of all the places to travel this summer, it could be argued that our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast is one of the best. Here, social distancing is just a normal part of our everyday life, with the outdoors being the prime focus of romantic getaways and adventures to the Lakes Region. However, there are also a number of fun things to do in Laconia NH, which is just minutes from our charming Bed and Breakfast.
Laconia NH is one of the many small towns dotting the Lakes Region of New Hampshire and is perhaps best known for its annual Laconia Bike Week tradition. Laconia Bike Week typically takes place in June each year, but due to COVID-19 it has been rescheduled to August. In the meantime, there are still plenty of things to do in Laconia NH that are worth your time. Come see just how special the Lakes Region is this summer, and book your room at our relaxing New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today!
10 Great Things to do in Laconia NH
Laconia, NH, a town of just over 15,000 people, is located on the shores of Lake Winnisquam, though parts of the town extend to Lake Winnepesaukee. Downtown Laconia is only about a 12-15 minute drive from our Inn, though you could also boat there directly from here. Aside from boating and being out on the water, or hiking in the mountains surrounding these picturesque lakes, there are a number of things to do in Laconia NH and the surrounding areas.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Of all of the wonderful things to do in Laconia NH, getting out on the water is arguably our favorite. There are number places to kayak and canoe, but you should also make time for a cruise around Lake Winnepesaukee with Mount Washington Cruises.
- Enjoy a scenic train ride through the area, which is particular magical during the peak of fall foliage. The Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad offers one- and two-hour rides, providing glimpses of the lakes and other scenic parts of the region.
- Though not directly downtown, Weirs Beach is one of the most popular attractions in the Laconia area. While there, don’t miss the American Classic Arcade Museum. Also, a visit to Funspot is the surest way to get in touch with your inner child. Funspot is the largest arcade in the world, and includes more than 600 games, including a huge collection of Classic Videos and Pinballs, and so much more.
- Visit the Belknap Mill, the nation’s oldest, unaltered brick textile mill. They offer tours of the mill throughout the year.
- Take a scenic flight over the Lakes Region, and gain a new appreciation for just how magical this part of the world is.
- Shop for specialty goods at the stores in downtown Laconia and/or on Weirs Beach.
- Explore Castle in the Clouds, a beautiful mansion that was built in 1914 and today offers tours. There are also a number of hiking trails to explore on the grounds, which offer exceptional views of the area.
- Head to Squam Lakes Natural Science Center, which hosts live animal exhibits, lake cruises for birding, and educational workshops focused on wildlife that inhabit this area.
- Enjoy a little wine tasting at Hermit Woods Winery.
- Head to the adventure park at Gunstock Mountain Resort, and enjoy a thrilling afternoon soaring above the trees or flying down their alpine coaster.
Relax at our Laconia Bed and Breakfast
It’s true that there are many wonderful things to do in Laconia NH. More than is on this list, even. But it’s not possible to do it all quite yet. New Hampshire’s stay at home order is in effect through at least May 31, 2020. Accordingly, the attractions listed above are closed, and will be more suitable to visit later this summer and even into fall. In fact, now is the perfect time to plan ahead for a fall getaway to the extraordinarily beautiful Lakes Region of New Hampshire. As the weather begins to cool, the lakes are surrounded by a fiery display of fall foliage that has to be seen at least once in your life.
Laconia truly is a wonderful town, and there’s a lot to do in the area. When it comes to lodging, there’s nowhere better than our lakefront Bed and Breakfast. We offer a quiet retreat like no other. Come experience the difference this summer or fall, and book your room at our Laconia NH Bed and Breakfast today!
10 Socially Distant Things to Do in the Lakes Region This Summer 20 Apr 2020, 2:00 am
With the majority of the country shut down in the hopes of stemming the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, the tourism industry is at a standstill. We’ve missed welcoming guests into our Bed and Breakfast and sharing with them all of the fun things to do in the Lakes Region. More importantly, we’ve missed being a place you can count on to get away and relax.
In the face of the hard work we’re doing to socially distance ourselves from our communities, we still think it’s good for us to dream, plan, and generally look forward to vacations. That includes sharing with you the many fun things to do in the Lakes Region and the surrounding areas. The best part of these things? They can be enjoyed while keeping social distancing guidelines in mind, too.
After so many weeks spent in isolation, wouldn’t it be nice to plan in “you” time, to be enjoyed when it’s safe this summer? Our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place for that much needed R&R. As we start to see some light at the end of this pandemic tunnel, give yourself permission to dream. Book your stay at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today!
10 Things to do in the Lakes Region This Summer
The Lake House at Ferry Point is a lakefront bed and breakfast situated in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. The area has long been a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts and those who are just looking to relax. Like most outdoor activities, those in the Lakes Region can also be enjoyed while practicing all the safe social distancing guidelines we’ve grown accustomed to. That is what makes our Inn one of the best getaways of the summer!
The Lakes Region is an exciting destination for all varieties of travelers. We are facing a lot of uncertainty these days, so we’ve decided to focus on attention on things you can do in the Lakes Region outdoors and at a safe distance. Here are 10 of our favorite things to do in the Lakes Region. We hope to see you participating in as many of these as you can this summer!
- Hiking is one of the most popular things to do in the Lakes Region, aside from enjoying the lakes themselves. Mount Major is a popular hiking area in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region.
- Enjoy the lake from our private beach! Our sandy beach is perfect for swimming on a warm summer day.
- Enjoy an afternoon paddling or boating on the picturesque and quiet Lake Winnisquam. A variety of boats, paddleboards, and canoes can be rented from the Winnisquam Marine, and our inn has a nice collection of kayaks and paddle boats for you to use as well.
- Enjoy a quiet afternoon birdwatching on the lake. Borrow a kayak, and head out in search of the lake’s many inhabitants. The Common loon, with their sleek black heads, striking red eyes, and mournful song, are particular favorites in the area. Other common birds you’ll find on the lake are cormorants, mergansers, and great blue herons.
- Go biking on one of the many easy-to-navigate trails in the area. The Winnepesaukee River Trail is a favorite.
- It probably doesn’t come as a surprise, but the Lakes Region is filled with endless opportunities for fishing.
- Head a little further north into New Hampshire’s White Mountains, and explore the stunning Flume Gorge and Franconia Notch State Park.
- Take a scenic drive through the White Mountain National Forest. It’s truly beautiful during the summer, but come fall, the mountains will be absolutely ablaze with color; a sight to behold, for sure. There are a number of other scenic drives in the area, too.
- Visit New Hampshire’s beautiful covered bridges–there are 54 of them in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region alone!
- It may be obvious, but our favorite on the list of things to do in the Lakes Region is relaxing at our bed and breakfast. After all, we’re the only lakefront bed and breakfast in the Lakes Region.
Relax in Comfort at Lakefront Bed and Breakfast
There’s no doubt in our mind that our relaxing bed and breakfast is the ultimate getaway destination this summer. A change of scenery will be nice, and we’ll take care of all the details, so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the view. Don’t miss your opportunity to explore the Lakes Region with us this summer. Book a room at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today!
The post 10 Socially Distant Things to Do in the Lakes Region This Summer appeared first on Lake House at Ferry Point Inn.
Join us for the New Hampshire Maple Weekend in 2020 7 Mar 2020, 5:40 pm
The New Hampshire Maple Weekend, March 21st to 22nd, celebrates the maple sugaring season that runs from mid-February to mid-April. It’s also the first sign of spring, even before the flowers appear on the New Hampshire hiking trails. The maple tree’s sap begins flowing when the days warm up but the nights are still chilly. When this occurs, sugar houses kick into high gear, collecting hundreds of gallons of sap each day. The maple-sugaring process is one of the oldest traditions in New Hampshire and the local producers have it down to an art.
New Hampshire takes pride in the high-quality maple products the state creates every season and New Hampshire Maple Month includes over 90 sugarhouses statewide. They open their doors to the public, and visitors learn about the whole process from tree tapping to the delicious end products. The New Hampshire Maple Weekend also includes free syrup tastings, maple candies, doughnuts, and classic sugar-on-snow.
Enhance your charming New Hampshire Maple Weekend with a stay at a lovely New England bed and breakfast. Lake House at Ferry Point Inn is the only lakefront bed and breakfast in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. Wake each day to a sumptuous, gourmet breakfast on the shores of idyllic Lake Winnisquam. Reserve your private guest suite at the beautiful Lake House at Ferry Point Inn for the delicious maple sugaring season.
New Hampshire Maple Weekend Tasting Guide and Recipes
During the New Hampshire Maple Weekend visitors learn about and taste the entire syrup making process. Every year New Hampshire produces almost 124,000 gallons of maple syrup and not every batch is the same. Depending on the time of the season the maple syrup will have a very different color and flavor.
The lightest Grade A Golden Delicate syrup makes wonderful maple cream, candy, and sugar. Some love pouring it over their ice cream or yogurt. The next batch, the Grade A Amber, has a rich full-bodied taste that is what most think of as the classic pancake maple syrup. 4 to 6 weeks into the season we begin seeing the Grade A Dark syrup with a robust taste that’s great for cooking. Lastly, the Grade A Extra Dark syrup offers the strongest flavor that’s also a wonderful cooking syrup.
Explore the creative recipes on the New Hampshire Maple Weekend website. Discover cooking with maple syrup beyond breakfast, with savory maple-barbecued spareribs, teriyaki sauces or New Hampshire baked beans recipes. Don’t worry, your sweet tooth will be satisfied as well with a cupcake, ice cream, and cookie recipes.
3 New Hampshire Maple Weekend Events near the Lake Region
The New Hampshire Maple Weekend has several events close to your serene retreat at the Lake House at Ferry Point Inn. The beautiful Prescott Farm in Laconia is hosting two fun and educational events. While a short drive away, the Canterbury Shaker Village is hosting its own mini maple festival on the lovely historic farm.
- Tap Into Maple – Learn and participate in every step of the maple syrup process from tree tapping to tasting sweet syrup. The Prescott Farm environmental educators cover modern and traditional tapping tools, along with Native American legends and even the chemistry involved in the production of the very best maple syrup.
- Canterbury Maple Festival – The weekend of March 21st to 22nd enjoy a historic maple festival in the charming Canterbury Shaker Village. Visitors will learn all albout the maple sugaring process with historic exhibits, food, and demonstration.
- Farm to Table Cooking: Maple Syrup at Every Meal – On March 28th Prescott Farm hosts a delicious cooking event in their historic farmhouse. Create wonderful dishes using local, fresh-picked ingredients in maple-inspired recipes.
The Best Lodging in the Lakes Region
Come to the Lake Region and celebrate the sweet taste of spring at the New Hampshire Maple Weekend. Bring an extra bag to take home all the wonderful maple treasures from this heavenly weekend. Book your romantic getaway at the tranquil Lake House at Ferry Point Inn this maple sugaring season.
The post Join us for the New Hampshire Maple Weekend in 2020 appeared first on Lake House at Ferry Point Inn.
3 Best Things to do in Laconia NH When Visiting the Lakes Region 15 Feb 2020, 1:21 pm
Visitors love exploring the charming New England towns in the Lakes Region and there are many fun things to do in Laconia NH. Laconia was established in 1893 and began as a manufacturing city using the water power of mills in the 19th century. As the small city grew and roadways and railways were added in the late 1800s, it transformed into the vacation town we know today. With multiple lakeside beaches and a large boardwalk with tons of summertime entertainment, visitors will never run out of great things to do in Laconia NH. The town also has attracted talented chefs and offers a choice of casual and fine dining. The very active community hosts unique events during every season. Check out the 3 very best things to do in Laconia during your Lakes Region vacation:
- Great Restaurants – Laconia may be a small town but it offers tons of great culinary choices in this quaint city. It’s the perfect place for a casual meal at a quirky diner or an elegant evening for a date night.
- Annual Events – The city’s annual festivals and events are some of the most fun things to do in Laconia NH. They host a traditional 4th of July parade and fireworks, also an autumn pumpkin festival. However, the largest event by far is the Laconia Motorcycle Week.
- Activities – Hanging out at Weirs Beach is one of the most popular things to do in Laconia NH during the summer months. Vacationers enjoy swimming, waterskiing, jet skiing, and boating on those long sunny days. Laconia, in fact, has 5 wonderful sandy beaches to explore on the beautiful lake. The town also has a scenic walking and biking trail that links Laconia to nearby towns. For a more scenic excursion book a seaplane flight or a ride on the Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad.
Our guests at Lake House at Ferry Point Inn come back year after year to our serene lakefront bed and breakfast. We’re the only one in the Lakes Region with a shimmering lake right on the property. It creates a tranquil setting for the most relaxing New England getaway. However, when guests want an evening out at a great restaurant or attend a fun festival, Laconia is only minutes away. Reserve one of our luxurious guest suites for an unforgettable Lakes Region escape this year.
3 Things to do in Laconia NH for a Wonderful Vacation
Whatever the season, there’s always enjoyable things to do in Laconia NH. The little city offers amazing dining, beaches, parks and of course beautiful lake access. Many visitors return every year for fun events and festivals. Pick your favorite things to do in Laconia NH for your next Lakes Region vacation:
- Excellent Restaurants – The Local Eatery, in Laconia, NH, is an exclusive farm-to-table restaurant, offering the freshest produce, meats, fish, and cheese from select farms and farmers. Relax with small plates and a cocktail while listening to the live piano bar at Tavern 27. Bring your appetite to this warm and welcoming T-bone Great American Eatery where everything is absolutely homemade. The talented chef at O Steak and Seafood creates inventive classic steak and seafood dishes. 405 Pub & Grill has a casual, fun restaurant that serves satisfying comfort food. Step back in time sampling classic diner favorites in an authentic 1951 Worcester dining car at the Union Diner. Fratello’s is a light-filled casual restaurant that serves delicious wood-fired brick oven pizza, steaks, seafood, and Italian favorites. Laconia locals have owned and operated the iconic Water Street Cafe since 1988. Or stop by for a creative lunch at the Karma Cafe and Art in their bright, colorful interior.
- Annual Events and Festivals – Every mid-February The Laconia World Championship Sled Dog Derby fills the city with energetic dogs and their trainers. While the Laconia Motorcycle Week is one of the world’s oldest motorcycle rallies that also includes races, stunt shows, swap meets, vendors, music, and amazing scenic rides. Locals and visitors unlike look forward to the Laconia Fourth of July parade and gigantic fireworks display. September brings the fun Pumpkin Festival where participants try to break the standing record for the most jack-o’-lanterns lit at one time.
- Recreation and Activities – Weirs Beach offers the most popular things to do in Laconia NH in the summertime. After strolling the 1300 feet long boardwalk on Lake Winnipesaukee, check out the summer entertainment at the Funspot and Weirs Drive-in Theater. The city also has four more beaches; Bartlett Beach, Bond Beach, and the two located in Opechee Park. When you’re done playing in the water take a long hike or bike ride on the WOW Trail. This paved, 10-foot wide multi-use rail-trail connects downtown Laconia to Lakeport. Along the way enjoy views of Lake Opechee and stop at the Laconia Public Library or Freighthouse Museum. Another great place to learn more about the history of Laconia is the Belknap Mill located along the beautiful Winnipesaukee River. Built in 1823 as a textile mill, the Belknap Mill has served as an art and history center and meeting place since 1970. To really take in the amazing Lakes Region scenery hop the Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad at the Weirs Beach Station for a two-hour excursion along the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee in a restored vintage coach. For a view like no other reserve a scenic tour on a seaplane for a 30-minute flight over Lake Winnipesaukee and Squam Lake.
With all the amazing things to do in Laconia NH, you can add as much excitement as you want to your stay at the Lake House at Ferry Point Inn. Our secluded location creates a tranquil retreat on Lake Winnisquam, but Laconia is only a short drive away for great dining and activities. Book your Lakes Region getaway that has the best of both worlds.
The post 3 Best Things to do in Laconia NH When Visiting the Lakes Region appeared first on Lake House at Ferry Point Inn.
5 Amazing Attractions in the Lakes Region NH 27 Jan 2020, 9:58 am
The Lakes Region NH has been a beloved vacation destination for decades. In fact the town of Wolfeboro, on the shore of Lake Winnipesaukee, claims to be “the Oldest Summer Resort in America.” It just goes to show, what makes a perfect vacation spot doesn’t change over time. The Lakes Region NH has everything you picture when planning a fun and relaxing New England getaway:
- The Lakes – The Lakes Region NH has some of the most pristine and largest bodies of water in New Hampshire. Vacationers love kayaking, swimming, and cruising on the picturesque lakes.
- Charming Towns – The gorgeous shorelines of the Lakes Region NH are dotted with dozens of charming towns. Each have a wide choice of great restaurants, unique shops and entertainment.
- The Mountains – Soaring mountain ranges surround the Lakes Region NH. Not only do they create a stunning view but also offer great outdoor adventures throughout the year.
- Outdoor Recreation – With lakes, mountains and deep forests, the region offers endless outdoor recreation opportunities. While vacationing here visitors can play outside during any season.
- Fall Foliage – The exceptional Autumn colors paint the landscape in brilliant hues and reflect off the glassy lakes, drawing visitors to the area each year.
The Lakes Region NH includes everything needed for the ideal vacation in any season. While all the activities and attractions enhance any getaway, the lakes are what makes this place so magical. The Lake House at Ferry Point Inn offers our guests the only lakefront bed and breakfast location in the Lakes Region NH. We provide luxury accommodations with idyllic views of serene Lake Winnisquam. Reserve your elegant guest suite with us today and discover your new favorite vacation spot this year.
Why the Lakes Region NH is the Perfect Vacation Getaway
Discover why so many return year after year to the Lakes Region NH for their most memorable vacations. The calm, shimmering lakes nestle in old-growth forests and guardian mountains, create a setting like no other. While the quaint towns and exciting recreational activities fill the days with fun and adventure:
- The Lakes – The many vast, beautiful lakes carve the landscape into quiet coves, wide open vistas, wooded shorelines and sunny sandy beaches. Take a dinner and dancing cruise on Mount Washington Cruises one day. Then choose a peaceful kayaking trip another day on the serene Squam Lake to visit the nesting loons and the “On Golden Pond” movie locations. Or view the lakes from above on a thrilling seaplane tour. Then return to The Lake House at Ferry Point Inn and sip a glass of wine while you watch the sunset over Lake Winnisquam.
- Charming Towns – Lovely New England towns surround the lakes and offer great dining, shopping and entertainment options for visitors. Spend the day strolling delightful historic villages like Meredith, Laconia, Wolfeboro, and Moultonboro, just to name a few. Browse boutique shops with handmade crafts, candies, maple products and antiques. The lakefront Mill Falls Marketplace includes several shops and restaurants in Meredith. While Laconia has some of the best restaurants found in the Lakes Region NH. It’s also the home of Weirs Beach with its 1300 feet long boardwalk on Lake Winnipesaukee. Also enjoy summer entertainment at the Funspot and Weirs Drive-in Theater. The fascinating Wright Museum and NH Boat Museum are found in the town of Wolfeboro and nearby Moultonboro is the home of The Loon Center. Discover lovely towns and farms on a scenic drive while sampling local wine and beers. Then top off an evening enjoying a show at The Winnipesaukee Playhouse in Meredith.
- The Mountains – Grand mountains encircle the Lakes Region NH and provide lofty vistas to conquer. Hikes up Mt Major and Rattlesnake Mountain open up to sweeping views of Lake Winnipesaukee and Squam Lake. While Gunstock Mountain, known for winter sports, offers challenging hiking trails as well. The glacier formed landscape creates an interesting geography with caves and plunging waterfalls. However the mountains can always be appreciated in the distance while relaxing lakeside.
- Year-round Recreation – The Lakes Region NH is a hiking lover’s dream with trails around the lovely lakes, through lush forest and scaling mountainsides. However trails are also enjoyed by mountain bikers, cross-country skiers and snow shoers. The shimmering lakes, beaches and shorelines call to vacationers to swim, kayak, fish, or just play at the water’s edge in the warm months. While Gunstock Mountain is the place to be during the winter with downhill skiing and snowboarding runs.
- Amazing Fall Foliage – While all the seasons are beautiful in the Lakes Region NH, nothing outshines Autumn. Visitors flock to the area to see the landscape glowing with rich reds, oranges and yellows during the peak season. Many enjoy scenic hikes, bikes and country drives to view the beautiful colors. Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad and Mount Washington cruises both offer special fall foliage tours. It’s a fantastic way to savor the fleeting colors of the season.
Escape this year to the perfect place for a relaxing or action packed vacation, or perhaps a combination of the two. The Lake Region NH invites you to explore all its lakes, mountains, and charming towns. And The Lake House at Ferry Point Inn has the perfect lakefront location. You’ll want to return every year to make new memories. Plan your 2020 vacation in the spectacular Lakes Region NH.
5 Top Lake Winnipesaukee Attractions for an Ideal 2020 Vacation 27 Dec 2019, 3:27 pm
Lake Winnipesaukee beckons vacationers to its shimmering shores year after year. This grand New Hampshire lake has been an idyllic destination for over 100 years and remains a favorite today. With over 170 miles of shoreline, the 44,586 acres lake invites visitors to enjoy all the fun activities on and around it. It’s no surprise that boating is a popular attraction, whether on a fancy dinner cruise or simply exploring the many islands in a kayak. Quaint towns dot the shoreline and offer great dining and shopping. While Weirs Beach has all the fun vacation entertainment and activities one expects on a carefree getaway. However, no Lakes Region stay is complete without exploring the wonderful hiking trails that surround Lake Winnipesaukee. Enjoy summit views of the stunning lake and distant mountain ranges. It will take your breath away!
After exploring the boat cruises, dining, shopping and activities on Lake Winnipesaukee, return to your quiet retreat on nearby Lake Winnisquam. The Lake House at Ferry Point Inn is the only lakefront Bed and Breakfast in the Lakes Region. Our classic New England Inn is a welcome escape from the busy towns on Lake Winnipesaukee, yet still close to all the attractions. Wake each morning to serene lake views and an excellent, homemade breakfast. Book your elegant guest suite at The Lake House at Ferry Point Inn for your perfect getaway in 2020.
5 Best Things To Do Around Lake Winnipesaukee
Lake Winnipesaukee is one of the oldest vacation destinations in the country and remains beloved by new and returning visitors to this day. The gorgeous lake offers everything needed for a wonderful getaway in any season. Discover the fun and relaxing attractions on and around Lake Winnipesaukee:
- Boat Cruises – The impressive lake is a boating paradise and there are many ways to enjoy your time on its waters. Taking a scenic cruise on the M/S Mount Washington is one of the most relaxing and beautiful rides to enjoy on Lake Winnipesaukee. Choose from simple site seeing trips to fancy dinner and dancing cruises offered by Mount Washington Cruises. While the Millie B Antique Boat Rides are smaller, the 28-foot, mahogany boat is a classy, comfortable way to cruise the lake. The EKAL Activity Center at Mill Falls also offers guided boat tour, but adventurers can rent a boat to explore the lake on their own.
- Great Restaurants – Find a wide range of wonderful restaurants, bars, bistros, diners, cafe’s, and farm stands in the Lakes Region. All serve farm fresh dishes and amazing local seafood as well. For the very best modern American food visit La Boca Restaurant for excellent seafood and cocktails. Their lobster risotto is to die for and will tempt you back for more! For even more incredible seafood grab a seat on Morrisey’s Front Porch. Slide into one of their cozy booths and enjoy fresh lobster, or a bowl of their award winning haddock stew or chili. Nothing beats Wolfeboro Dockside Grille for casual summer dining with beautiful views of Wolfeboro Harbor. Shibley’s at the Pier overlooks lovely Lake Winnipesaukee and serves tasty american dishes with many seafood and salad options. Savor an elegant, creative meal at Laconia Local Eatery, the area’s best farm-to-table restaurant.
- Wonderful Shopping – Enjoy sales tax-free shopping at all the quaint New England style gift shops, antique centers and galleries while strolling the small towns around Lake Winnipesaukee. Mill Falls Marketplace has 11 shops and 5 restaurants all under one roof, with lovely flower gardens, a 40′ waterfall and views of Lake Winnipesaukee. In addition to all the unique shops, the Lakes Region also has the Tanger Outlet Center with more than 50 big name department stores. You’re sure to find a wonderful gift for your loved one or the perfect souvenir for yourself.
- Weirs Beach – This popular beach on Lake Winnipesaukee serves as the hub of vacation fun, games and activities in the Lakes Region. Spend an exciting day walking the 1300 foot long boardwalk with amazing mountain and lake views. Visitors flock here for the fun restaurants, mini golf, arcades, cruises, train rides, and firework shows all summer long. One of the world’s largest arcades, Funspot, offers 300 classic arcade games, a 20 lane bowling center, cash bingo, indoor mini-golf, a restaurant and a tavern. For a thrilling outdoor adventure navigate the 9 ziplines at Monkey Trunks and glide through the trees as high as 60 feet off the ground! Then snuggle up with your sweetie at a good old-fashioned movie night at Weirs Drive-in Theater during the spring and summer months.
- Spectacular Hiking – It’s impossible to list all the amazing hikes around Lake Winnipesaukee and it’s one of the most popular activities. Castle in the Clouds is a great place to start with over 28 miles of hiking trails. Some paths run along cascading waterfalls and lead to the impressive Falls of Song. While other more challenging hikes lead to amazing views of the Ossipee Mountains. The 5,500 acres also serves as a great Nordic skiing and snowshoeing area in the winter. They even offer magical horseback trail rides with the most gentle animals, ideal for beginners. For a perfect half day hike, climb up to Mount Major scenic overlook with spectacular panoramic views of Lake Winnipesaukee. Some great short hikes that offer great views from their fire-watch towers are Belknap Mountain and the Abenaki Tower. Bald Knob also makes a nice day hike and is only 4 miles round trip. Its rocky outcrop rewards hikers with sweeping views of Lake Winnipesaukee and distant mountains.
Enjoy a serene, peaceful stay at The Lake House at Ferry Point Inn that’s also close to all the Lake Winnipesaukee attractions. Start your new year off right and plan the perfect getaway to the Lakes Region in 2020. Reserve your beautiful room at our tranquil bed and breakfast hideaway on the shores of Lake Winnisquam.
The post 5 Top Lake Winnipesaukee Attractions for an Ideal 2020 Vacation appeared first on Lake House at Ferry Point Inn.
Ski Gunstock Mountain, Best in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire 22 Nov 2019, 11:00 am
Gunstock Mountain offers the best recreation for your winter vacation to the Lakes Region in New Hampshire. Enjoy breathtaking views of Lake Winnipesaukee while hitting the slopes. With over 200 acres of skiing and snowboarding on 55 trails, it’s the perfect place for beginners to experts. This major ski area also includes 32 miles of cross country trails, in addition to fat-tire bike and snowshoeing trails. Feel like a kid playing in the snow riding their thrilling tubing runs and mountain coaster. Gunstock Mountain has everything needed for an exciting day on the slopes. Their energy efficient and high capacity snowmaking guarantees great conditions on the trails. While the full-service rental shop will have you equipped and on the slopes in a flash. Refuel between runs at one of the four restaurants on the mountain. Stop in for a quick bite or linger over delicious comfort food and a drink at the Powder Keg Restaurant, Pistol Pub or Stockade Lodge.
A winter getaway to New Hampshire not only includes Gunstock Mountain, but all the great dining and entertainment found in the Lakes Region. Fill your days with your favorite snowy recreation at a premier ski area, and your evenings dining at a romantic restaurant. Close to all the Lakes Region attractions and only a 20 minute drive to Gunstock Mountain, stay at the serene Lake House at Ferry Point Inn. We’re the only lakefront bed and breakfast in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region. Our beautiful grounds, with idyllic views of Lake Winnisquam, is lovely in any season. Our classic New England inn invites guest to cozy up by the fire after a thrilling day on the slopes. After a perfect night’s sleep in your elegant guest suite, wake to a hearty gourmet breakfast that will have you ready for another day of excitement on Gunstock Mountain. Plan a couple’s getaway this winter to the Lakes Region at our relaxing landside retreat.
5 Awesome Activities on Gunstock Mountain
- Lessons – Generations of skiers, going back to the 1930’s, learned on Gunstock Mountain. That tradition of excellent beginner and advanced lessons continues today. Expert Nordic skiers even have an amazing opportunity to learn from 3-time Olympic Gold Medalist, Nina Gavriljuk. Strengthening muscles and staying limber improves your performance, so start your day at a Yurt Yoga class. The Gunstock Mountain yoga instructors guide students of all levels through a traditional Hatha yoga practice.
- Night Sessions – When other mountains are closing for the day, things are just getting started at Gunstock Mountain. The all-inclusive night sessions offer 22 well-lit trails, 5 lifts, a great terrain park, mountain coaster and tubing. While the evening snowshoe ridge tour takes you on an adventure under the stars and away from the crowds.
- Snow Tubing – Fly down New Hampshire’s largest tubing run. Sit back in your tube as the lift pulls you up 1,068 feet then slide down one of the 6 chutes to the bottom again. A 2-hour tubing session also includes unlimited rides on the mountain coaster.
- Mountain Coaster – Take a thrilling ride, swooping through the forest with sharp banking corners, rolling drops and 360° turns on the mountainside coaster. The two-person carts on twin, stainless steel rails offers a 6 minute ride that’s 4,100 feet long, reaching speeds of up to 25 mph. However each cart has its own braking system, so you control the speed once the cart disengages, and gravity takes over.
- Freestyle Ski & Snowboard Parks – Gunstock Mountain has several options for those learning or perfecting their freestyle moves. Start in the Terrain Based Learning area and try berms and banked turns. Then move up to the Pistol Park for more advanced moves. While the 12 acres of Blundersmoke Park offer a wide variety of elements to try out and plenty of room to practice your latest tricks.
The Lakes Region has everything you need for a romantic and adventure-filled winter getaway. Return each day to your tranquil retreat at the Lake House at Ferry Point Inn Bed and Breakfast after a day on the slopes. Reserve your beautiful guest suite with us today and dream of the perfect vacation in the lovely New England snow.
The post Ski Gunstock Mountain, Best in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire appeared first on Lake House at Ferry Point Inn.
Discover Laconia NH 10 Best Restaurants this Fall 28 Oct 2019, 12:58 pm
Laconia NH has some of the best restaurants in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. After a day of hiking in the beautiful fall foliage treat yourself to an excellent lunch or dinner in the charming town of Laconia. Hang out with locals at a friendly pub and enjoy live music with your dinner. Plan a romantic night out at an intimate cafe with a creative farm-to-table menu.
The Lake House at Ferry Point Inn is just a short drive from Laconia and all the wonderful eateries. Our tranquil setting is the only lakefront bed and breakfast in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region. Wake up each morning to a gourmet breakfast and stunning views of Lake Winnisquam. Our luxurious guest rooms will have you rested and ready for another day of exploring the forest, lake and mountain hikes and bike rides in the area. Nothing is more satisfying than an amazing meal after a day in the outdoors. Nearby Laconia offers a wide range of great dining choices for every taste. Reserve your New Hampshire Lakes Region getaway with us today and savor the very best of autumn at the Lake House at Ferry Point Inn.
10 Laconia NH Must-Try Restaurants
Tucked in and around Laconia discover spectacular dining choices from casual and cozy to elegant and romantic. Chefs of the region take pride in serving farm fresh dishes using the local bounty of the Lakes Regions. So whether you’re looking for yummy comfort food or flavorful fine dining, Laconia restaurants deliver:
- Tavern 27 – Reservations are encouraged at this local favorite located in a cozy farmhouse built in 1781. Still surrounded by 20 acres of farmland and lovely gardens. The homey interior includes multiple intimate dining areas. Enjoy Americana Tapas at a romantic fireside table or with live music at the piano bar.
- Laconia Local Eatery – This cafe is owned and operated by a long-term Laconia resident and graduate of the New England Culinary Institute, Chef Kevin Halligan. The strong partnerships he’s built with local farms has made the cafe the Lakes Region’s exclusive farm-to-table restaurant. He creates an amazing menu using only the freshest organic produce and grass-fed, naturally raised meats and poultry. Even the bar uses locally-sourced wines, meads, brews, and spirits. Enjoy an exceptional meal at a charming cafe.
- O Steak and Seafood – Watch chef and owner Scott Ouellette craft inventive classic steak and seafood dishes at the chef’s table. Start with a smooth cocktail made to perfection by the talented bartenders. The signature lobster mac and cheese or corn pudding and the Kobe beef “O Pops” are favorites from the menu. All the excellent dishes can be perfectly paired with an extensive wine list hand-selected by Scott himself. Also be sure to save room for the delicious homemade desserts.
- 405 Pub & Grill – When craving comfort food this lively bar and restaurant in the heart of Laconia has the very best. The casual, fun atmosphere includes an open kitchen and is a favorite of locals. Leave full and happy after savoring their excellent chicken pot pie or satisfying steak tips.
- The Union Diner – Enjoy a great meal in the most unique setting in Laconia. Step back in time sampling classic diner favorites in an authentic 1951 Worcester dining car. Savor fresh seafood, burgers and amazing slow-roasted prime rib in retro elegance.
- Fratello’s – Inside a historic brick bank building find Laconia’s wonderful Italian-American restaurant. The light-filled casual restaurant serves delicious wood-fired brick oven pizza, steaks, seafood and Italian favorites. The fall seasonal menu includes mouth-watering butternut squash ravioli, roasted duck, and grilled salmon or pork.
- T-bone Great American Eatery – Bring your appetite to this warm and welcoming restaurant where everything is absolutely homemade. You’ll taste the love and care put into every sauce, soup, salad dressing, and dessert made from scratch in the eatery’s kitchen. American comfort food never tasted so fresh and flavorful.
- Myrna’s Classic Cuisine – Every dish served here is crafted with over 20 years experience cooking in the finest restaurants. The talented chef and committed staff serve outstanding salads, appetizers, and Italian entrees. Their commitment to the highest quality ingredients and service create a fantastic dining experience.
- Water Street Cafe – Laconia locals, Ted and Jen Roy, have owned the cafe since 1988 and still offer casual, friendly dining year-round. Stop by their light-filled space with country charm for a quick bite or linger over a yummy meal in one of the cozy booths.
- Karma Cafe and Art – The bright, colorful interior reflects the eclectic, creative menu with healthy and delicious choices. Savor a hand crafted lunch, made with the freshest ingredients, while enjoying views of the Winnipesaukee River.
A Lakes Region autumn vacation always includes scenic fall hiking, biking and lake tours. It also means excellent dining at the wonderful restaurant all around Laconia. All these great choices just minutes from the Lake House at Ferry Point Inn. Book your perfectly appointed guest suite today for an unforgettable fall escape to New Hampshire.
Ride 3 Awesome Mountain Biking Trails in The Lakes Region, NH 23 Sep 2019, 3:22 pm
Summer may be over but the mountain biking thrills are just beginning in the Lakes Region. The cool, crisp autumn air and less crowded tracks make it the perfect time for a trail riding escape to New Hampshire. Test your skills on challenging switchbacks, climbs, and heart pumping descents. However most trails systems offer multiple skill level options. So novice to expert riders will enjoy a rewarding day on the tracks. Not to mention that the Lakes Region is one of the most scenic areas to enjoy the outdoors. Mountain biking trails wind through deep forests, over glacier rock formations and along shimmering lakes. While the brilliant fall foliage only enhances the natural beauty of the area.
Lake House at Ferry Point Inn has easy access to 3 great mountain biking trails in the Lakes Region. Make our idyllic Bed and Breakfast, on the shore of Lake Winnisquam, your homebase while exploring the best trails. Relax in your private guest suite after a day of riding adventures and enjoy a luxurious night’s sleep. Then wake to stunning lake-front views and a hearty, gourmet breakfast. We’ll have you rested and ready for another thrilling day on the trails. Book an exciting mountain biking getaway in the Lakes Region this fall.
3 Thrilling Mountain Biking Trails to Ride this Fall
New Hampshire State Parks named Ahern State Park one of the 3 must ride mountain bike trails in New Hampshire. Only minutes from our bed and breakfast, this wonderful trail also offers views of Lake Winnisquam. The 10 to 15 miles of diverse terrain is on a singletrack with great lake views but not a lot of climbing. The 2 hours of riding includes challenging rock drops, tight trees, and switch backs. The excellent trail conditions are thanks to the local NEMBA chapter who build and maintain the tracks.
Find a great track for many skill levels on the Franklin Falls Dam Trail. This 10-mile trail, located within 2,500 wooded acres, spans five towns. Noted as “very un-New England” do to the few rocks on this flowing single track. However, experts will still enjoy steep pitches, tree-slaloming, and tight switchbacks. Most riders come out to test their skills on the signature trail, the “Mighty Chicken.” The Chicken Ravine creates a natural half-pipe on this gravity track. The sandy subsoil also makes this a great year-round trail without a muddy season.
Pemigewasset Valley Mountain Bike Trails also offers choices for beginners and advanced cyclists. Most of the track caters to experience mountain bikers, however it also includes a short loop for those new to the sport. The Gyroscope Bike Trails, also known as the “Gyro” is made for novices, but it also offers a jump area for experts. Many mountain bikers use the curving tract to develop or improve their turning skills. Beginners can practice on the pump tract with a starting ramp and figure eight trail.
Plan a Mountain Biking Vacation this Fall
Escape to the beautiful Lake Region in New Hampshire this fall. Spend your days biking through the New England landscape, glowing with autumn colors. After a day conquering the mountain biking trails, relax on the peaceful lawn overlooking Lake Winnisquam at the Lake House at Ferry Point Inn. Maybe take one of the bed and breakfast’s kayaks for a paddle on the lake before heading to dinner. Our central location is close to all the best dining spots for a romantic evening out. Then return to the only lakefront bed and breakfast in the Lakes Region and watch the sunset behind the distant mountains. Our luxury guest suites offer all the comfort needed for a dreamy night’s sleep. Reserve your room in our classic New England Inn for an unforgettable fall vacation.
The post Ride 3 Awesome Mountain Biking Trails in The Lakes Region, NH appeared first on Lake House at Ferry Point Inn.