Quigley's Log Home B&B
Table Of Contents
The large log sign for Quigley's Log Home, at the corner of U.S. 127 and Packard Road, marks the beginning of your memorable Bed and Breakfast experience in Hudson, Michigan. Innkeepers Jack and Choyce Quigley welcome you with a warm "hello" as you walk up the winding path to the front door of their lovely log home located on 40 acres in a beautiful country setting.
Quiet times are enjoyed on our porches and decks or walking around the wildlife pond. Evening bonfires by the pond accompany the spectacular sunsets, and colorful gardens bloom in spring, summer, and fall. Guests are also welcome to fish in our wildlife pond. Christmas is a breathtaking time to visit with beautiful decorations everywhere.
Innkeepers Jack and Choyce Quigley would be pleased to have you visit Quigley's Log Home B&B. Jack is a retired police Lieutenant from the Adrian, Michigan, police department. Choyce is retired from office work and is a church choir director.
Quigley's will provide their guests with a visit to an Amish farm only ten minutes away. While there they can purchase healthy, organic vegetables and canned pickles (in season); maple syrup; brown free range eggs; and wonderful Amish baked goods.
The aroma of Choyce's "Blue Ribbon" Buttermilk Cinnamon Bread will be waiting for you as you enter Quigley's Log Home B&B.
You will be happy to know that we now have Wi-Fi!
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Choyce Quigley for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
1. We are the only inn that is local for many family/school events and they can gather here in our family room for special time together.
2. Guests that are looking for a special "getaway from it all" find our inn just the right fit.
3. We have a 25 yard pistol range that is available to our guests with the option of private instruction from Jack. Guests also are interested in the CCW course packages available. Choyce prepares a "yummy" lunch for the classes.
4.Demor Hills golf course is an 18 hole course and can be checked out at demorhills.com
What are you best known for?
Our guests appreciate our inn because it gives them all the comforts of home.
Returning guests always ask for Jack's "Stuffed French Toast" for their breakfast. It has become a popular favorite.
What makes your inn unique?
We have found that being a log home inn brings many guests just to have the experience.
What do you love most about your inn?
That we truly enjoy our guests and getting to know them and watching them enjoy our inn.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
We are in the country and have local cities within six miles. We are just convenient enough to go to a movie or out to dinner, although many guests just love to dine in our many local, very nice restaurants.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
"You are just like family and thank you for the little "extras" you remember about our family."
We love to see the faces of our guests when we take our pretty plated breakfast to the table. They appreciate this special touch!
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Many local events that are family friendly, low cost, and some at no cost.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
We have bowling; movie theaters; trails for walking; Hidden Lake Gardens for the entire family; Michigan International Speedway; fabulous, Smithsonian recognized, Rose and Flower Farm with over 900 rose bushes - no charge; visit Amish Community; sanctioned rodeo on 4th of July; small town festival with many events going on at the same time; William Thompson Museum in Hudson, Mi; and Hillsdale county fair the last week of September; Sauder Village in Archbold, Oh; and Candy Cane Christmas Shop in Archbold, Oh; Mccourtie Park on US -12; Pioneer Wine Trail; Croswell Opera House in Adrian, Mi, Hillsdale College, Hillsdale, Mi,;and Adrian College, Adrian, Mi, Labor Day weekend softball tournament and tractor pull (for over 50 yrs.) in Waldron, Mi.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Walking in the beautiful countryside watching planting/harvesting of crops or just enjoying nature.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
We have great restaurants. Mexican, family style, Chinese, and sit down casual.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
Visit our website for references or go to SE Michigan.
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 2 rooms in the loft and family suite on the lower level.
Do you accept pets?
Preferably not. We have a wonderful pet kennel just within 5 miles. She has been in business many years and truly cares about the pet - and is very reasonable.
Plan your small, intimate wedding in our unique setting!
Our B & B is perfect for small (up to 30 people) weddings! Just picture the bride coming down our open staircase and having your ceremony in front of the massive stone fireplace or having an outside ceremony in the lovely flower garden!
Other options would be to have music with a hammered dulcimer and a cake and punch reception served in our lovely dining room. Contact us for further details.
Lt. Jack L. Quigley, NRA Instructor
Remember our GIFT CERTIFICATES for that special gift!
THANK YOU - JACK QUIGLEY
2018 DATES FOR CCW/CPL CLASSES
2018 class dates will be posted in late March or April, 2018
can be scheduled with 4 students upon request.
Fabulous Family Fun Things To Do
Morenci, MI - 15 minutes
- Pizza Box - Variety of food in 50's & 60's setting
- Summer festival.
- Labor Day Bridge Walk
- DeMor Hills Golf Course
Archbold, OH - 30 minutes
Oakshade, OH - 25 minutes
- Summer Saturday evening racing
- Oakshade Raceway
Hudson, MI - 15 minutes
- Downtown is listed on National Historic Register
- Hudson Museum
- William G. Thompson Museum & Gardens, Hudson, MI
- Lenawee County
Adrian, MI - 30 minutes
- Adrian College, Siena Heights University
- Year-round Rodeo on Saturdays
- Croswell Opera House
Hillsdale, MI - 25 minutes
- Hillsdale College
- Hillsdale County Fair "The World's Most Popular Fair" - late September
- Auctions at fairgrounds every Saturday morning
- Amish country
- Irish Hills Recreation Area - 25 minutes to family fun on US-12 going east from US-127
- Brooklyn, MI
- Michigan International Speedway
- Tipton, MI
- Hidden Lake Gardens - 755-acre botanical garden & arboretum
Dundee, MI - 90 minutes
- Cabela's - World's largest outfitter
Jackson, MI - 35 minutes
- Blissfield & Tecumseh, MI - 45 minutes
- Toledo, OH - 45 minutes
- Hudson Lake State Park - 15 minutes
- Fishing & Recreation
- Deer Hunting
Lost Nation in Hillsdale County - 15 minutes
- Emmons Award Winning Rose Gardens - over 900 bushes
- Listed in archives of American Gardens at Smithsonian Institution
How To Find Us
From Chicago O'Hare
- South on I-24 to I-80. East on I-80 (Indiana Turnpike) to I-69
- South on I-69 to US-20 (just a couple of miles)
- US-20 East to US-127. North on US-127 to Packard Road (approximately 10 miles)
- Right on Packard Road (large log sign on corner) and go 1 mile
- Turn left on Acker Highway (small log sign)
- We are the beautiful log home on the left
From Detroit Metropolitan
- I-94 West to US-127 South (Jackson, MI)
- Take US-127 to 5 miles south of Hudson and turn East onto Packard Road (large log sign)
- Go 1 mile and turn left on Acker Highway (small log sign)
- We are the beautiful log home on the left