Table Of Contents
An Inn for All Seasons
- Winter... The city blazes with sparkling lights and gaiety. Snowshoe on Macworth Island, skate on Deering Oaks Pond or join the bustle of shoppers, and museum and gallery goers. Inside, the Inn is a veritable visual treat of holiday glam and glowing fires, a welcome sanctuary for a mug of hot cocoa.
- Spring... The city comes to life with flowering trees in bloom, sailing on the bay, and reading in the Pomegranate Garden becomes a favorite pastime. Celebrate Valentine's Day with a romantic weekend getaway, admire the architecture right outside the door, and take in the view over the western highlands and Portland Harbor.
- Summer... This delicious season is full of sun, balmy evenings and offshore breezes. Explore Casco Bay on the local ferries, bask at the gorgeous beaches, walk downtown for a gourmet dinner, people watch at an outdoor cafe.
- Fall... Ablaze with autumn's extraordinary New England palette, the air is crisp with hints of snow. Catch a play at Portland Stage Company, shop for treasures in the antique shops, stroll the cobbled streets of the Old Port, and sip a hot clove-scented cider.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Erin and Landon for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Our guests love our unique breakfasts and the ART, which is absolutely everywhere. We like to say that it feels like you're staying at a wealthy relative's home!
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We're probably best known for our eclectic surroundings and breakfasts. We're very proud of how unique we are... There aren't many (if any) B&Bs that offer this amount of interesting and one-of-a-kind art throughout the building.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
The food scene. It's really unbelievable. You could stay a month and not come close to eating at all the great restaurants we have to offer in Portland.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
People have told us that they had the best breakfast that they've EVER had here at the Inn. And of course we love it when people compare us to an art gallery.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The secret is out... but Portland really has all the trappings of a big, hip, urban city, while remaining small, tight-knit, and walkable - it really feels like a small town in many ways. It really has the best of both worlds!
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Eat and drink, A LOT. Explore the Old Port area. Explore the surrounding areas (Cape Elizabeth, Portland Head Light, etc). Get out on the water - even if it's just to take the very-accessible 15-minute ferry across the bay to Peaks Island.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Everything. If you're into walking, we are within 2 miles of almost everything Portland has to offer.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Eventide Oyster Co. and Central Provisions.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
We have fantastic insights into the area right on our own website: www.pomegranateinn.com. www.visitportland.com is also a great resource.
How many rooms does your inn have?
Eight total, 7 in the main house and 1 in our detached carriage house directly next to the inn.
Do you accept pets?
We do not. We would recommend Roscoe's Bed and Bark, and we're happy to recommend some fantastic kennels and doggie day-cares in the area.
Around the Area
Superb restaurants, theatre and galleries, outdoor activities,and the perfect home-away-from-home from which to enjoy it all.
Portland offers an astonishing variety of things to do, see, listen to, buy, eat, and experience. Sophisticated or fun, business or not, a stay at the Pomegranate can be calm and restorative or fast-paced and exciting, but it will never be dull.
The Pomegranate is a short walk to the midtown Arts District, with myriad small galleries, as well as the Portland Museum of Art and the Children's Museum of Maine. A short distance farther is the Old Port Exchange, where great restaurants, galleries and shops abound, and the waterfront provides an ever changing backdrop. Seasonally, there is ice skating, open markets, street theatre, beach basking and snowshoeing.
Music, theatre, spas, museums, galleries, historic homes, parades, cruises, sightseeing—Portland is teeming with activities. Browse these links for a sample of everything it has to offer.
- Breakfast: Breakfast is served from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. in the sunny, art- and antique-filled dining room. Fresh fruits, juices, coffee and Mighty Leaf organic teas, and a rotating selection of sweet and savory small-plates options (such as open-faced pulled pork egg sandwiches, strawberry lemon and basil salad, overnight oatmeal, brioche au chocolate and lemon-ginger scones) are offered each day.
- Sweet treats are also available in the afternoon for your midday enjoyment.
- Free high-speed wireless internet access: Use your computer to access the internet for free from anywhere in the Inn.
- Early check-in: Check-in time is after 4pm, but we are happy to check you in earlier if your room is available.
Classic accommodations with a touch of panache, the Pomegranate Inn is a visual treat, a soothing sanctuary and a sophisticated pied-à-terre in the heart of Portland's architecturally distinct Western Promenade. This elegant small hotel has received rave reviews from guests as well as national and regional publications. Eight stunning guestrooms provide luxury and comfort for a romantic getaway, a haven for the business traveler, or a destination for a few days of art, dining and shopping.
The Pomegranate Inn gives guests a sense of peace and privilege. There are fine linens, private baths, modern technology and all the necessities for a stay that is delightful and free from tension.
Sculpture, art, furniture and fabrics combine in a brilliant play of color and texture that startle, amuse, then encourage you to kick back and unwind in this upbeat inn where the goal is to exceed your expectations.
Breakfast at Pomegranate Inn offers a bit of whimsy and sophistication, just like the inn itself. Gourmet small-plates (think tapas for breakfast!) are thoughtfully prepared and served between 8:00 and 10:00am.
Our goal is to make everything about your experience at the Pomegranate Inn extraordinary. We are at your service to provide whatever you need, from the ordinary to the sublime. Maps, directions, restaurant information, current exhibits, theatre, what not to miss, and the best time to go. We know Portland, and we love to share the ins and outs of this chic little city.