Main House Rooms (1-7)
The historic Main House at Topside Inn includes six guestrooms on three levels. Each room is unique, with modern amenities and updated coastal decor that enhances the character of the 1840 classic New England sea captain's home. All rooms have private, in-suite bathrooms with fully renovated and modern fixtures, flat screen cable TV, hair dryer, iron and board, free wireless internet, room/window fans to amplify the cool ocean breeze. Main House guestrooms offer amazing water views in three directions and several are our most popular rooms. Windward guesthouse has air conditioning (rooms 8-17) and both Windward and Leeward guesthouses have private covered porches to enjoy the view.
Windward Guest House Rooms (8-17)
The Windward Guest House at Topside Inn sits just across the lawn from the Main House and offers nine guestrooms on three levels, all with outside entry and direct access to covered porches that span the front and back of the building; with comfortable custom sofas, cable railings and privacy dividers, this is a great place to enjoy harbor views and sunsets..
Viewed from the lawn, Rooms 9 – 12 are left to right along the main level, and upstairs Rooms 14 – 17 comprise the second floor. All have private in-suite bathrooms – modestly sized but efficient with combination tub/showers. All rooms in the guesthouse buildings have a small refrigerator and flat-screen cable TV.
The end rooms have the advantage of three extra windows in the side walls, giving Rooms 9 and 14 magnificent “laying-in-bed” views of the harbor, and bringing lots of extra light from the gardens to Rooms 12 and 17.
At the far end of the building, a stairway leads down to Room 8: a gem on the hidden lower level. Room 8 takes advantage of the walk-out level with a large private deck and covered sitting porch. Inside there is a sitting room, king-bed, and large bathroom. Room 8 may be short on ceiling height, but it is high on privacy and space.
All rooms have private, in-suite bathrooms with fully renovated and modern fixtures and amenities, flat screen cable TV, hair dryer, iron and board, free wireless internet, room/window fans to amplify the cool ocean breeze, and Windward is air conditioned as well!
Leeward Guest House (19-25)
Extending off the edge of the western hill, the six rooms offered in Leeward Guest House provide great views of the water to the south and west, and are a bit larger than those in the Windward Guest House.
Rooms 19, 20 and 21 share the same vista from a lower vantage point, with entry and sitting porch on the south side of the building. Room 21 has been completely renovated with wood panel walls and ceilings, recessed lights and modern bath with glass shower and ceramic oyster shell sink. Rooms 23 - 25 now have vaulted ceilings and all rooms have new cable railings on balconies.
All rooms have private, in-suite bathrooms with fully renovated and modern fixtures and amenities, flat screen cable TV, hair dryer, iron and board, free wireless internet, room/window fans to amplify the cool ocean breeze, a refrigerator, and a second sink outside the private en-suite bathroom with combination tub/ shower.
Rates and Policies
Availability and Reservations
- Check availability (always completely current) and reserve online, anytime. Our online reservation system provides the best information on rates, and a detailed features list and several photos for every guestroom.
- A two-night minimum stay is the norm throughout our short and busy season - One-night stays are often possible; if a one night stay is not available in the reservation system please call us and we can assist you with the reservation.
- Room rates are for single or double occupancy and are subject to state lodging tax, currently 9%.
- Room rates always include full breakfast, and a host of other perks and benefits as our guest. Parking, afternoon snacks, wireless internet, and local concierge service are all included in your rate.
- Most of our guest rooms have one bed (queen or king), and accommodate a maximum of two people. Two rooms (#11 and #20) can accommodate three people. No extra guests are allowed beyond stated capacity.
At the Inn
- Check-in is 2pm to 7pm. with easy arrangements for self check-in afterwords.
- Check-out is by 11am, and parking is available after your stay to take advantage of local activities.
- We can accommodate well-behaved guests age 12 and older.
- Sorry we cannot accommodate pets, but there are kennels nearby.
- Topside Inn is a non-smoking property inside and out, and use of any item that burns such as candles or incense is prohibited. Evidence of smoking violations could result in cleaning charges equal to twice the nightly room rate.
Deposits, Cancellations & Refunds
- As a small, independently owned and operated inn, we do not overbook our accommodations - each reservation is made for specific dates, room(s), and number of guests, and we are expecting you. Cancellations and changes made with short notice impact us significantly.
- If your plans change after your reservation is confirmed, cancellation notice is required 14 days in advance of arrival date to obtain a refund of your deposit.
- With shorter notice we will only refund your deposit if we are able to sell the room to other guests for all nights reserved, and you are responsible to pay for any nights that could not be rented to another party.
- The cancellation policy also applies to changes in your arrival or departure date which result in a shorter stay.
- Refunds are not provided for late arrivals or early departures
- A one-night deposit (plus 9% lodging tax) is charged to secure your reservation. A larger deposit may be required for stays of 5 nights or more. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express cards. The balance is due upon arrival at the inn, cash or travelers checks are also accepted.