Table Of Contents
A Storybook Inn located in Versailles, Kentucky is a Historic Amsden-Haupt House built circa 1839. Experience the ultimate in tasteful elegance and accommodating service in an exquisitely restored Antebellum Mansion owned by a prominent Versailles/New York family for over 140 years! "A delight to the senses!" "Elegant" "Amazing!" "A Real Treasure!" are all descriptions used by guests to describe A Storybook Inn. Come see why our guests give us rave reviews and tell their friends about us, and keep coming back again and again!
Congratulations to Storybook Inn for being voted Best Overall Top Ten Bed and Breakfasts in the United States. A Storybook Inn was featured in Knoxville Magazine, Today's Woman, and Kentucky Monthly Magazine, LA Magazine, Lexington Herald Leader and Back Home in Kentucky.
At A Storybook Inn, you will find the ultimate in style and service. Upscale in every way, from the thick, top of the line mattresses, high thread count sheets, manicured private gardens, wonderfully appointed, private suites to the "insanely amazing" breakfasts (as one of our L.A. guests termed them), Storybook Inn is a special respite from the busyness of life that is beyond our guests' expectations.
Not your garden variety B&B, some of our well-traveled guests have remarked that "A Storybook Inn is more like a small luxury European hotel than a Bed and Breakfast." It is a challenge to balance exquisite elegance and comfortable welcome, but Elise, the Innkeeper, has accomplished just that. And A Storybook Inn is minutes from the picturesque Keeneland Racecourse, Bluegrass Airport, quaint Midway, Shaker Village, The Kentucky Horse Park and historic downtown Lexington. Though minutes from everything, A Storybook Inn is worlds apart!
After a long, lovely day in the Bluegrass, enjoy a complimentary glass of wine while restfully swinging in the extra long wicker porch swing on our gorgeous Victorian porch. Enjoy the song of the katydids and gentle waterfalls on a balmy summer evening while relaxing beside the ancient restored stone pond. Also, at Storybook Inn, well behaved children ten years of age and older are welcome.
The guest rooms at A Storybook Inn all have private baths and King or Queen size beds, top of the line thick mattresses with built in memory foam and luxury high thread count sheets.
About the Innkeeper
The Innkeeper at A Storybook Inn, C. Elise Buckley, deeply respects the heritage of Southern Living and the special quality of life enjoyed in the Bluegrass. She understands what true gracious Southern hospitality is.
She was born and raised in the South! A true Kentuckian that grew up in the heart of Horse Country! Elise has owned and raised horses and has a love for all things equine. She can arrange private horse farm tours for you or show you self-guided horse farm tour routes with free maps included. In the recent past, Elise gave tours of the Lexington and surrounding areas for out-of-town guests.
Amenities & Features
A Storybook Inn is not just an incredibly pleasant place to stay, there is a special delightful ambiance that keeps our guests returning again and again. And with the Innkeeper's extensive background in holistic nutrition and love of cooking she will make every effort to accommodate anyone with special dietary needs. If you do not have special dietary restrictions feel free to indulge in what Elise terms "healthy decadence" from the freshly made whipped cream, 5 Cheese Veggie Frittata to the Apple Cinnamon Bourbon Breakfast Pudding! Or as simple as you like it!
A Storybook Inn is a quiet respite from the rest of the world. The well-stocked library invites reading and relaxation, though high-speed internet is available as well! And as a perfect end of your 'storybook' day, have Elise schedule an en suite massage with a licensed professional Massage Therapist! Please request this amenity days in advance.
Enjoy leisurely gourmet breakfasts in our beautiful and inviting, European-style dining room. Homemade goodies (homemade cake, cookies, or chocolate with fresh fruit. Bottled water, soft drinks, and premium coffee or tea from our wonderful Flavia machine) are available at all times. We have fresh ground, organic coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice with breakfast every morning.
Amenities Offered Include
- High Speed Internet Access
- Fully stocked Library w/books & movies
- King & Queen beds w/luxury linens
- Large remote-controlled Satellite TVs/VCRs
- Desks & Armoires in every room
- Daily Homemade Goodies
- Refreshments available at all times
- Minutes from Airport & Keeneland
- Close to major attractions
- Meeting facilities
- Massage Therapist on call
- Working wood
- Paneled elevator
Other Features Include
- Fresh fruit available at all times
- Full European style breakfast (along with custom specialties)
- Homemade snacks available daily
- Refreshments and pure water available
- TV, VCR, and clock radio with "nature sounds"
- Private baths with large thick towels, bathrobes & fine toiletries
- Library is well stocked with books, over a dozen premiere monthly magazines, daily newspaper, classic movies, bird guides & guest computer
- Professional, licensed Massage Therapist on call (Couples or individual massage available)
- Massages include: Swedish, Deep Tissue, Integrating Shiatsu, Reflexology, and Neuromuscular Therapy
- All massages en suite on professional massage tables for your comfort, privacy and convenience
- Massage reservations must be made at least 5 days in advance
We have beautiful, tastefully created Full Teas at the inn. Our quality loose teas are served in clear infusion tea pots kept hot on clear blown glass lighted bases. Our delectable sweets, savories and scones are made fresh at the inn using quality ingredients and no trans fats, and are utterly delicious! Our teas are held seasonally: Valentines, Spring, Summer, and Christmas teas. Please send us an email to [email protected] to inquire about specific tea dates that you may be interested in. Teas are 3-Courses, starting with hot freshly made scones with handmade toppings. We use loose leaf tea served in our clear teapots that sit on a lit hand blown glass base. We serve a selection of savories next and last of all a tier of sweets last. The teas are $19.95 plus tax and gratuity.
A Storybook Inn was painstakingly restored with adult guests in mind. Having said that, we love children! I raised 3 fantastic ones! Well-behaved children over the age of 10 that are under adult supervision are welcome and younger children are certainly considered on an individual basis.
For our allergy prone guests, we don't have house cats inside the Inn. We have Nicholas, a quiet black Standard Poodle and Lily, our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who are usually in the office, but do not have the run of the inn out of respect for any guests with allergies. To further aid in your comfort, health and peace of mind, we use quality Hepa filter vacuum cleaners, hypoallergenic scent free detergents, we sanitize doorknobs, remote controls, and all guestroom surfaces between guests. Cleanliness for each guest is very important to us.
Delight in first class accommodations with beautiful hand-selected furnishings and exceptional antiques, many fabulous oil paintings (23 in guest areas), first class bedding and extra thick top of the line mattresses that our guests rave about! Every morning enjoy freshly squeezed juice, freshly ground coffee, gourmet ingredients such as freshly whipped cream and real Maple Syrup, chilled fresh fruit - much of it from the local peach and apple orchard - and, freshly made custom entrees!
"Having traveled extensively around the world and stayed at some amazing venues the Storybook rates at the highest level. This was real hospitality with exceptional service and food. We will be back!!" "We were already in love with Versailles, Lexington and Midway. The Storybook Inn now gives us just one more reason to want to visit every year! The Inn is gorgeous beyond description, and Elise goes out of her way to make everything just perfect, from the accommodations to the amazing breakfasts. Truly a top tier B&B."
"Attention to every detail, newly refurbished and decorated, warm and gracious hostess, delicious food, elegant but comfortable rooms - you just want to snuggle up and read a book all afternoon." "I could not have been more pleased with our September wedding at Storybook Inn. It is truly one of the most beautiful garden settings I have seen. Elise was so helpful and courteous from planning to the wedding day. The inn itself is magnificent. You definitely feel like you have stepped back in time at Storybook (without giving up the modern conveniences of course!) My husband and I visited several potential locations for our wedding and nowhere even came close to Storybook Inn."
"The Storybook Inn without a doubt the most elegant place I have ever stayed. There are no "cut corners" in this Inn and everything from the beautiful decor to the details that make each room special shows evidence of "only the best." Elise is the most gracious hostess and I felt pampered and special throughout my stay. The incredible breakfast was fresh, wholesome, delicious and presented as if by a French chef! I will never forget this restful retreat and will DEFINITELY be back again!"
How to Find Us
- Take Versailles Road into Versailles
- Take a left on Main Street
- Take the next right onto Rose Hill
- Go 0.3 mile up the hill
- Turn right at the stone pillars with the Storybook Inn signs
- We are the large white Colonial that sits back from the street
- Take I-64 East to the Frankfort exit and turn right onto Highway 60
- Take the scenic route past magnificent horse farms into the town of Versailles
- When you approach the town, veer to the right into the town
- You are on Frankfort St. which becomes Main.
- Go through 4 stop lights to Rose Hill and take a right
- Just up the hill 0.3 miles: turn right at the stone pillars with the Storybook Inn signs
- Take I-75 South to exit 115 onto Newtown Pike
- Take a right on Newtown and go 1.8 miles to W New Circle Rd/KY-4/W-US60
- Take W New Circle Road 4.5 miles to the first Versailles Road exit
- You will be heading West [right] toward Versailles
- Go 9.3 miles to Versailles to Main Street
- Turn left at Main and take first right onto Rose Hill
- Just up the hill 0.3 miles; turn right at the stone pillars with the Storybook Inn Signs