Meadows Inn Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
The beauty of simplicity is evident in the Meadows Inn Bed & Breakfast, a charming establishment that combines the feel of an Amish farmhouse with all the modern amenities.
Comfortably simple furnishing and hand-woven rugs atop hardwood floors honor Meadows Inn's history. Built among the fields and pastures of a farm in the 1920's, the sturdy, white, clapboard house served as the happy home to generations of Amish families. Amish buggies still rattle by out front.
The house has been completely refurbished but still maintains the feel of a country home with its simple furnishings and quiet country charm. From the rear deck you're treated to a panorama of grazing horses and open fields.
Meadows Inn features five bedrooms, each with a private bath, a queen or king bed, with cozy comforters. The rooms are decorated in a French Country style and include hardwood floors, plush area rugs, beautiful dried flower arrangements, private baths and TV in each room. The main floor suite also includes a sofa, loveseat and Jacuzzi tub.
A full homemade breakfast is offered which may include Fruit Parfait, Amish Scramble, Breakfast casserole, Doretta’s homemade bread, Apple Sugar Muffins, Blueberry or Cherry Cobbler, coffee, tea and juice.
Breakfast is served on the Sun Porch where visitors can observe Amish buggies traveling by as well as a view of the morning sunrise. From the rear deck, visitors will be treated to a panorama of grazing horses, flower gardens and the beautiful rolling hills of the neighboring golf course, one of Indiana’s finest.
Only in Middlebury
- Shop for the chic accessories and the area's biggest selection of Vera Bradley items at The Cinnamon Stick
- Watch the Lehman family make noodles and take home a bag or two at the Amish operated Dutch Country Market
- Browse for antiques at The Market Place of Middlebury and stop for a snack at The Pumpkinvine Café
- Shop "the Amish way" at Gohn Brothers, a dry-goods emporium and Main Street mainstay
- Grab a take-out from a local eatery and enjoy a picnic lunch in Krider World's Fair Garden
- Get personalized instruction for a quilting or latch-hooking project from Roz at The Quilt Shop at Essenhaus
Middlebury is everyone's ideal small town with its thriving Main Street historic district filled with family-owned businesses and welcoming shopkeepers. Each summer and fall, Main Street plays host to festivals brimming with fun. At the edge of town, folks bicycle along The Pumpkinvine Trail and relax in Krider Garden.
The Meadows Inn Bed & Breakfast in conveniently located on US Hwy 20 close to Shipshewana, Middlebury, and Topeka.
- Pick up 5-star smoked ribs (voted #1Readers Choice) every Thursday at Old Hoosier Meats
- Bring home heaven in a crust – the bakery at Das Dutchman Essenhaus offers 30 tempting pie varieties
- Shop for placements and napkins to hammers and nails and a whole lot in between at Varns & Hoover Hardware
- Sit down to a steaming mug of coffee and lip-smacking cinnamon roll while catching up on local news at the Village Inn
- Spend Third Fridays shopping late at downtown shops and enjoying special events
- Check out makes, models and memories during summer months at the Classic Car Cruise-in at Das Dutchman Essenhaus