Ivy House Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Just minutes northeast of Indianapolis, Ivy House Bed & Breakfast is one of the top 10 in the State. This 1920 Dutch Colonial is located in Fortville, Indiana and boasts a classic elegance with English Country decor. Moments of peaceful tranquility are easily enjoyed on the porch swing or enjoy the romance of the fire in the living room, during the winter. Stay in one of the pleasant guestrooms furnished with antiques. Turndown service is a thoughtful detail. Start each day with a candlelit gourmet breakfast. Located between I-69 and I-70 in central Indiana.
Every season will be your favorite as you stroll about the 3/4 acre property enjoying the variety of pleasantries such as the arbor, well house, quaint corner swing, and the perennial garden.
Sit and enjoy the beautiful porch. Our guests enjoy having early morning coffee here.
If you are the active type, the Innkeepers will be happy to assist you in your plans to venture out in the surrounding areas for antique shopping, historical trips, state park trips, concerts or other fun excursions.
This historic Dutch Colonial, built in 1921 was destined to become a Bed and Breakfast. The Innkeepers have a passion for historical value and it is evident throughout the rooms of the Ivy House.
You may desire to spend a winters night in the living room, curled up by the fireplace, or visiting with the other guests. The Ivy House offers a unique collection of antique doors restored by its proprietor, Jim, with many stories surrounding how they were obtained. The oldest of this collection being 142 years old.
Enjoy a peaceful evening in one of three lovely decorated rooms, the English Ivy Room, the Baltic Ivy Room and the Boston Ivy Room. Each room has an immaculately kept private bath.
- Relaxing Get Away
- Special Events
- Gift Certificates Available!
A delectable full breakfast is served by candlelight in the dining room. Coffee and tea is available for early risers at 7 a.m. If you must leave early, we will see that you don't leave hungry. Please let us know in advance if you have any special dietary needs.
Close proximity to:
- Connor Prairie Living History Museum
- Hamilton Town Center Mall (upscale mall)
- Historic Pendleton
- Charming town of Noblesville
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Geist Reservoir
- Beef and Boards Dinner Theater
- Hollyhock Restaurant (Innkeepers Favorite)
We hope you enjoy every detail put into the restoration and improvements of our lovely Dutch Colonial!
- Fully Air-conditioned
- Freshly Baked Treats
- Complimentary Beverages
- High Quality Pillow Top Queen Size Beds
- Smoke-Free Environment
- Free Local Calls
- Off-Street Parking
- TV/VCR in Each Guest Room
- Cozy Side Porch with Swing
- Privacy Respected
- Beautiful Yard Swing
- Fire Place in Common Room
- Perennial Gardens
- Private Bath for each Guest Room
- Secure Locks and Keys for each Room
Up to 50 Guests in our Gardens
Ceremonies may begin between 12 noon and 3:00 pm.
Your intimate but elegant wedding would include the following:
- Use of the Grounds
- Chairs for Ceremony
- Small Wedding Cake
- Bridal Bouquet and Boutonniere
- Honeymoon night in your choice of suites
Please contact our innkeepers.
Or Location Only
Book the Grounds only for a Wedding at the Ivy House
Up to 50 people
Hello. We are the Innkeepers here at the Ivy House B & B. We look forward to meeting each and every one of our guests and assisting them in making the most of their trip. We hope to meet you soon. Sincerely, Jim & Linda Nolte
If you would like to rent just our beautiful gardens for your small wedding of no more than 50 people the cost is $800. We also rent our B&B for showers.
Event Listings for the Area
- Boggstown Inn Restaurant and Cabaret*
- Conner Prairie (Living History Museum *
- Indy 500 Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Museum
- Nashville, IN*
- Noblesville IN*
- Pendleton IN *
- White River Gardens*
- White Water Salvage and Antiques*
- Anderson College
- Antique Shopping
- Ball State University
- Beef and Boards
- Butler University
- Conseco Field House
- Ft. Harrison & Mounds State Parks
- Hoosier Park Horse Track (Anderson)
- Imax Theater
- Indianapolis Convention Center
- Indianapolis Museum Of Art
- James Whitcomb Riley Home and Museum
- Hamilton Town Center (upscale mall)
* Inkeeper's Choice