Table Of Contents
Welcome to Cabins and Candlelight. Built in 2002, our upscale, cozy-but-not-cramped cabins feature 15-foot stone fireplaces; oversized whirlpool bathtubs; entertainment systems complete with televisions, DVD/CD players, VCRs and stereo receivers; leather sofas; recliners; oversized showers, full kitchens stocked with breakfast food, dinnerware and cookware; central heat and air conditioning; and even screened back porches with gas grills.
Wouldn't it be nice if just the two of you could escape to the privacy of your very own luxury log cabin tucked away in a peaceful setting of woodlands, clover fields, and scenic Sugar Creek? Not just any cabin, but cabins that were designed and built specifically as a romantic hideaway for two.
But it's not just the amenities that distinguish Cabins & Candlelight. The difference is in the details--the leaded glass oak entry doors, the vaulted poplar ceilings, the hand-carved fireplace mantels, the upscale coordinating furnishings, the quality hickory cabinetry used for the kitchen, bathroom, and whirlpool tub, the ceramic tile entryways, the unusually plush carpeting in the living areas and the hand-finished six-panel poplar doors. The moment you walk in, you'll realize these aren't ordinary cabins.
And beautiful cabins aren't all we have to offer. Our peaceful 32-acre setting will help ease away the stress and tension of everyday life. Sip a fresh cup of morning coffee as you listen to songbirds from your screened porch. Try to catch a glimpse of a grazing doe and her fawns as you watch the setting sun from your front porch glider. Relax to the babbling sounds of Sugar Creek as you test your angling skills.
Located 35 minutes northwest of Indianapolis, Cabins & Candlelight is open year-round.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Chuck & Rhonda Smith for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Romantic getaway, especially for anniversaries
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We are best known for luxury log cabins, attention to detail, cleanliness.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
We are the number 1 reason to visit this area.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
"Looks like we're the first guest to ever stay here."
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The first basketball game in Indiana was played in Crawfordsville.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Depends on their interests and time of year - hiking at Turkey Run State Park or Shades State Park, canoeing down Sugar Creek, touring Rotary Jail Museum, General Lew Wallace Study & Museum or Lane Place Mansion, ziplining or skydiving.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Walking paths to stretch your legs down to Sugar Creek
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Depends on food preference
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 2 cabins that will each accommodate 2 people.
Do you accept pets?
We don't accept pets.
Things To Do
For those of you who might feel a little lost at Cabins & Candlelight without all the time commitments to which you've grown accustomed, we've compiled the following list which offers a few suggestions about how you might spend your time:
- Turn off your cell phone
- Watch that video/DVD you've been wanting to see - without any interruptions from the kids
- Listen to your favorite CD all the way through - without any calls from a telemarketer
- Sleep in
- Have a true candlelight dinner
- Paint your lady-friend's toenails
- Write a letter - longhand
- Take a long, hot soak in the whirlpool bathtub - until your feet shrivel like prunes
- Brush your partner's hair
- Give yourself or your partner a manicure
- Walk around in a robe all day
- Stay up late
- Curl up next to the fireplace in a cozy chair with a good book
- Savor the aroma and sizzle of a steak being cooked to perfection on an outdoor grill
- Take a hand-in-hand stroll down to the creek
- Skip a few stones
- Pick some wild raspberries
- Try bird watching
- See how many constellations you can find/remember
- Have a private fashion show with all the lingerie that's found its way to the bottom of your dresser drawers
- Fall asleep to the sounds of nature - not the freeway
- Look through your wedding photos or other old photo albums
- Watch some of your old home videos
- Fix your favorite exotic beverage
- Slow dance to your old favorites
- Eat an entire batch of brownies
- Cuddle around a campfire
- Make s'mores
- Try on that outfit you wore on your honeymoon
- Hunt for mushrooms
- Try your luck/skill at fishing
- Knock your partner's socks off with the most romantic kiss you can muster
- Play a game of checkers
- Fly a kite
- Go geocaching in the area
- Paint or draw something
- Absolutely nothing at all
Other Things To Do
Cabins & Candlelight was created to allow couples to spend quality time together and focus on each other, but for those who tend to get a little restless without someplace to go, there are numerous other things to do in the area. The retreat is conveniently located to Crawfordsville, Thorntown, Lafayette, Lebanon and other cities, as well as golf courses, restaurants, museums, antique stores, etc.