Corner George Inn Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Celebrating 29 years 1989-2018
Located in Southwestern Illinois, 39 minutes south of St. Louis, 14 minutes from Waterloo and just 3 miles from the Mississippi River!
Call or text me (David) at 618-580-5875 right now....to book a room or order a gift certificate.
Join us for the Maeystown Oktoberfest, Sunday, October 14 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m
Craft, antique and food fair...
Plan a fall weekend getaway here at the Corner George Inn!~
Two nights still available on Oct. 13, prior to Oktoberfest! Call me directly now at 618-580-5875!
Stay with us this weekend or anytime this fall and enjoy the scenic beauty of our our quaint village!! Visit the shops and eat at Vici's Front Porch on Saturdays.....Take a walk along the Maeystown Creek.
The village shops and stores are open only on Saturday and Sunday! Our new restaurant in town, Mason's, is open Tuesday through Sunday for lunch and dinner.
Stay with us two days on a Friday and Saturday....Journey to Fults Hill Nature Preserve, Fort de Chartres, Fort Kaskaskia, the confluence of the Mississippi and the Kaskaskia River....all within 40 minutes!! Or take in a Cardinals game in St. Louis this summer...also just 40 minutes away!
Stay with is any weekend and visit the Maeystown General Store, Georgia Mae's Antiques, the Corner George Inn Sweet Shoppe (closed during the winter), the Kaffeehaus, Vici's Front Porch and Tea Room (open Saturdays only) and our new restaurant, Mason's, open Tuesday through Sunday for lunch and dinner.....All shops open on Saturday and Sunday!!! Fine restaurants are located nearby in Waterloo and Foster Pond.
Enjoy lunch with me on Saturdays at Vici's Front Porch from11:30 to 2:30...Closed this Saturday, September 22.!
Welcome to the Corner George Inn Bed & Breakfast in Maeystown, Illinois. Imagine crossing a one-lane stone arched bridge into the quaint German village of Maeystown, Illinois and staying at the Corner George Inn Bed & Breakfast, a restored 1884 hotel and saloon.
Located just 39 minutes south of St. Louis in the Mississippi River bluffs, the inn offers six charming antique appointed guest rooms in. In Maeystown you can relax in a quiet village setting, take a walking tour of the town, ride in a horse-drawn carriage, dine in a friendly atmosphere, browse through unique shops, arrange a picnic lunch and enjoy the scenic countryside; including whirlpool and loft suites, country and Victorian rooms, and a summer kitchen guest cottage.
Join us for a two night Friday and Saturday night weekend! All of the shops and restaurant are open on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 - 4.
Join me for lunch at "Vici's Front Porch" on Saturdays from 11:30-2:30 p.m. See below for this week's menu!
Join us for a Weekend Getaway this week! Shops and museum are open weekends from 11-4 pm. Vici's Front Porch open for lunch only on Saturdays, 11:30-2:30. Our Bed & Breakfast is open year round.
About the Inn
Today the Inn consists of four buildings: the original inn, the summer kitchen and two rock houses. There are a total of six guest rooms, each with a private bath. In the original inn there are sitting rooms on both floors, a wine cellar, a "ping pong mezanine" and a 600-square-foot ballroom.
The ballroom serves as a commons area for guests and as a dining area for breakfast. It also lends itself to larger group activities. The entire building is furnished with antiques and is fully air-conditioned. Out-buildings are still present on the grounds.
David, Marcia, and their staff invite you to join them for breakfast in the ballroom and then for a walk through the quiet and serene village as you take a step back in time. Horse-drawn carriage rides in the country are available upon request. Please inquire about arrangements when making reservations.
From I-255, you can find us by taking Illinois 3 (exit 6) to Columbia and continuing to Waterloo. Then, turn right at Illinois 156, go three-quarters of the way around the traffic circle onto Lakeview Drive and then 8 miles to Maeystown.
About the Innkeepers
Marcia and David are enjoying their 29th year as innkeepers! They also have a dog named Peanut, their dachshund, who continues to guard the house next door and sit in the window on sunny spring days!
The Village of Maeystown
The 166 year old German settlement of Maeystown is just one of a handful of villages in the state of Illinois listed on the National Register of Historic Places in its entirety. Some 60 stone, wood and brick structures remain from the 1800's.
Today the bed and breakfast, general store, sweet shop, museum and visitors' center, numerous residences and the 1867 church have been restored. The one lane stone arched bridge leading into town stands as the centerpiece of the village.
Places to Eat & Things to Do
During your getaway discover antique, craft and gift shops in Maeystown, Foster Pond and Waterloo. Dine in one of five unique restaurants: Dreamland Palace German Restaurant in Foster Pond, Frederico's, Gallagher's and JFires' Market Bistro in Waterloo and Masons Restaurant and Bar here in Maeystown....
Taste local wines at the Schorr Lake Vineyard and Winery in Waterloo and the Red Bud Winery. Golf at two fine golf courses, Acorns and Annbriar, both within 15 minutes of the inn.
Drive or cycle along the scenic bluff road which leads to the Fults Hill Prairie Nature Preserve and two state historic sites, Fort de Chartres and Fort Kaskaskia. Visit the confluence of the Kaskaskia and Mississippi rivers. Cross the mighty Mississippi on the ferry to historic Ste. Genevieve. And for members of the Amateur Trapshooting Association (ATA) drive just 40 minutes to Sparta to the World Shooting and Recreational Complex.
Places to Visit in the Village
Vici's Front Porch and Tea Garden
Vici's Front Porch is open for lunch on Saturdays from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm and for groups of 10-20 (lunch/dinner) by appointment. Vici is also open during festivals. Call Vici at 618-539-3665 to make reservations.
The Corner George Inn Sweet Shoppe
Hungry for homemade sweets and ice cream? Stop by the Corner George Inn Sweet Shoppe on Saturday's and Sundays from 10 am to 5 pm. Closed during winter months.
Maeystown General Store
Looking for an antique or gift item? Just ask Anita at the Maeystown General Store on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am to 5 pm.
Georgia Mae's Antiques
Find even more antiques across the street at Georgia Mae's Antiques, open on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am to 5 pm. Marcia will be glad to help you.
Lil' Red Roaster Kaffeehaus
At the back of Georgia Mae's Antiques is our coffee shop, Arnie Juelf's Lil' Red Roaster Kaffeehaus. Stop by any Saturday and Sunday 7:30 am to 1 pm and enjoy the best coffee and pastries around!!!
If you are looking for food stop at one of four fine restaurants before or after your visit... Dreamland Palace German Restaurant in Foster Pond; Frederico's, Gallagher's or JFires Market Bistro in Waterloo.
Maeystown Preservation Society Mill & Museum
Finally, the Maeystown Preservation Society Mill & Museum offers a glimpse of village history from 11 am to 4 pm on Saturdays and Sundays and no visit to our historic village is complete without a walk along the beautiful Maeystown Creek. See where the two creeks come together and walk up to the 1881 stone bridge.
2018-2019 Calendar of Events
- May 6, 2018 (Sun) 9-4 Maeystown annual Frühlingsfest/Springfest...antique and garden show along the Maeystown Creek...lots of good food!
- June 2 & 3, 2018(Sat & Sun): 47th Annual Rendezvous at Fort de Chartres in Prairie du Rocher; 18th century, crafts, food, music, demonstrations
- June 2, 2018(Sat) 9-4 p.m.........Plein Air Paint Out here in Maeystown
- June 19 (Saturday)....Maeystown Homecoming
- August 4, 2018 (Sat): 8-12 Trash and Treasures village yard sale
- August 10 & 11, 2018 (Sat & Sun): Annual "Jour de Fete" craft show in Ste. Genevieve
- August 19, 2018 (Sun) 9-4 p.m. Maeystown Fire Dept BBQ and Show Us Your Ride/cars, trucks, motorcycles & tractors
- Saturday, September 8, 2018 5-7 pm, George Portz Bluegrass Concert, along the creek
- Friday, September 28,2018 8 am to 2 pm, Apple peeling at the rock mill
- Saturday, September 29, 2018: 6 am to 3 pm, Applebutter stirring at the rock mill
- October 14, 2018 (Sun): 9-4pm, Maeystown Oktoberfest, craft, antique and food fair
- November 16 (Fri), 2018: 5-9 pm, Frauenabend/Ladies Night Out
- December 2, 2018(Sun) 11-5 pm, Old Fashioned German Christmas in Maeystown
- December 31, 2018 (Mon) New Year's Eve...Stay with us and attend the "La Guianne" celebration in Prairie du Rocher
- January 6, 2019, Attend the Twelfth Night Ball in Prairie du Rocher and stay the night with us.
- Join us for Valentine's Weekend, Friday and Saturday, February 15 & 16, 2019. Make reservations at Vici's Front Porch (618-539-3665) for your Valentine's Dinner on 2/16/18.
- March 2019 (Sat & Sun): 11-4 pm, Maeystown Spring Art Show at the Maeystown
- Preservation Society Mill & Museum
Trip Advisor Reviews
Based on 28 traveler reviews
TripAdvisor Ranking #1 of 1 B&Bs in Maeystown
Most Recent Traveler Reviews
- Sep 6, 2015: “We stayed in the Loft Suite that was very clean and beautifully decorated. The Inn Keepers...” more
- Feb 15, 2015: “We just spent a wonderful weekend getaway for St. Valentines day at the Corner George Inn....” more
- Dec 9, 2014: “My husband and I stayed in Dave and Mayme's suite. Beautiful town especially if you are...” more
- Oct 2, 2014: “We arrived,owners were not there. Woman in store, which is part of the same building as...” more
© 2015 TripAdvisor LLC
Corner George Inn and Maeystown Featured on TV!
See the Corner George Inn and Maeystown featured on WGN-TV Chicago.