Port d'Hiver Bed and Breakfast
Table Of Contents
The historic Port d'Hiver Bed and Breakfast Inn offers the delightful ambiance of old Florida luxury at its finest. A retreat that is both comfortable and elegant, this fantastic Florida beach bed and breakfast is only 200 feet from the beautiful Atlantic Ocean, Port d'Hiver features incredible ocean views, spacious private porches, a luxurious bubbling spa pool and beautiful winding brick paths through a lush tropical garden. Perfect for romantic getaways in Florida!
This romantic Florida bed and breakfast in Florida features spacious cabana rooms where you can soak away the world in a large spa tub or enjoy the sun rising over the ocean from the deck of your beautifully restored historic room. In the morning, enjoy a full breakfast either on your private porch or at individual tables in the cheerfully inviting dining room.
This charming Melbourne Beach bed and breakfast provides refreshments at five in the main house, full complimentary concierge services, evening turn down service, wireless high speed Internet both inside and out, flat screen TVs, and the finest amenities.
Fish, dine, surf, or watch the sea turtles...Melbourne Beach is a barrier island only .7 miles across from the ocean to the Indian River Lagoon. On historic Ocean Avenue, Port d'Hiver (pronounced Port deeVaire) brings history, nature, privacy and comfort together in one luxurious retreat.
Hungry? Guests can enjoy home-baked breads, fresh fruits and delicious breakfasts in the beautifully restored dining room of this Florida Beach B&B. Lunch is a short walk across the street for pizza, burritos or old-fashioned American food at one of several local restaurants. After a day at the beach, clean up and take a walk down to the river, watch the sun set and listen to music while dining at Djon's Chop House. Other restaurants close by are Scott's on 5th, Galaxy Grille, and Cafe Coconut. If you have been searching through Cocoa Beach luxury hotels or for the perfect Cape Canaveral bed and breakfast, Port d'Hiver provides the ideal setting for your romantic Florida getaway!
"Each morning during our stay, we would awaken from a deep comfortable sleep to discover another pleasant day, with a light breeze blowing across our private veranda, providing a perfect environment for our breakfast "feast." And I do mean "feast". We were treated to the most creative, sumptuous morning meals we have ever experienced." Martha and Steven
"Looking for a really, really nice place to roost in Brevard County?...A place with breakfasts fit for royalty and concierge service to rival anything a five-star resort has to offer? Say hello to Port d'Hiver."
The Palm Beach Post
Breathtaking Beauty...Right Outside Your Door
Buy Gift Certificates on our Website
Melbourne and Melbourne Beach, Fl offer a host of activities during your
visit to Port d'Hiver Bed and Breakfast...
- Cultural enthusiasts can enjoy a variety of entertainment. The Henegar Center of the Performing Arts features a 493 seat proscenium-style theater designed by a Tony Award-winning Broadway set designer. The stage features a main stage curtain from the original Broadway production of "The King and I." Additional theatrical venues include the Maxwell King Center and the Melbourne Civic Theatre. The Brevard Symphony Orchestra offers performances year-round.
- Golf enthusiasts have twelve courses to choose from, while tennis players can choose from eight tennis courts. Space Coast Stadium is the home to the Washington Nationals and Brevard Manatees.
- Additional recreational opportunities include cycling, sailing, boating, and fishing. Avid fishermen have their choice to fish the Atlantic or one of the many small fresh water lakes.
- Melbourne Greyhound Park is open seven days a week, offering live dog racing from January through April.
- Sebastian Inlet State Park boasts three miles of beautiful beaches providing opportunities for swimming, scuba diving, snorkeling, shelling, and sunbathing. Surfing is popular here and several major competitions are held every year. The park offers interpretive programs, special events, canoeing and kayaking in the Indian River Lagoon, and waterfront pavilions and picnic areas are great for family outings.
- Families often visit the Brevard Zoo and experience the "wild side". Forever Florida - a nature preserve and working cattle ranch with nature tours and up close animal encounters is just a short drive away. The Museum of Art and Science offers more than 35 hands-on exhibits for young people.
- Special events abound in Historic Downtown Melbourne. The Grant Seafood Festival is the third weekend in February. The Melbourne Art Festival is held the fourth weekend in April and again in October and a family oriented street party called "Friday Fest" is on schedule for the season. Select antique, specialty shops and unique restaurants can be found in Historic Downtown Melbourne and the Eau Gallie downtown district.
Dine at one of our many favorite restaurants
- Djon's Chop House
- City Tropics Bistro
- Sand on the Beach
- Andiamo, Cafe and Bar Italiano
- Scott's On Fifth
- Chart House
- Continental FlambÃ©
- HARU Sushi Bar & Grill
To find out more about these great Melbourne Beach Area Restaurants click here.
For additional information on Melbourne and Melbourne Beach, Fl visit these links:
GPS Coordinates 28.068047, -80.557644
Melbourne International Airport (MLB), is a short cab ride to Port d’Hiver. Multiple daily flights from Atlanta (ATL) on Delta and from Charlotte, NC (CLT) on USAir. Twice weekly flights from Niagara Falls (IAG) and Punta Gorda, FL (PGD) on DirectAir.
Port d’Hiver, our romantic hotel in Melbourne Beach, FL is approximately 70 miles from Orlando International Airport (MCO).
Going South on I-95:
•Take Exit 183 and proceed east on Eau Gallie Blvd. for 8 miles
•Turn right (south) onto A1A. Proceed 5 miles •Turn left (east) onto Ocean Avenue •Proceed .2 miles. Port d’hiver is at 201 Ocean Avenue.
Going North on I-95:
•Take Exit 173 and proceed east on Malabar Road for 4 miles
•Turn left (north) onto US1 and proceed 5.8 miles •Turn right (east) onto US192 and proceed 2.3 miles •Turn right (south) onto A1A and proceed 1.6 miles •Turn left (east) onto Ocean Avenue and proceed .2 miles. Port d’hiver is at 201 Ocean Avenue.