Black Bear Lodge
The Lodge Plus+
Looking for a little more elbow room? Upgrade to the Lodge Plus+. This room is our most spacious room in the Lodge, with a separate sitting area by the gas fireplace. the Lodge Plus+ features gorgeous views of the property, King bed and private bath.
Rustic charm is the definition of these cozy cabins. Your King Bed is ideally situated for viewing the gas fireplace and flat screen TV. The kitchenette is complete with all of the essentials - a full size refrigerator (perfect for leftovers and cold beverages!), microwave and coffee maker. Two Studios on property.
Oh the Hideout! The standalone cabin is the perfect place for a little R&R. With a see-through gas fireplace from the living room to the bedroom, this cabin is the ideal spot for two. The spacious bathroom features a jetted tub and separate shower. The kitchenette is complete with a full size refrigerator (perfect for leftovers and cold beverages!), microwave, and coffee maker.
the Den is the perfect spot for you and your pack! One bedroom features a King Bed and the second bedroom has wooden log Twin bunk beds and a Full Bed. The two bedrooms are joined with a spacious Jack-and-Jill bathroom. The kitchenette is complete with a full size refrigerator (perfect for leftovers and cold beverages!), microwave, and coffee maker. You'll find a gas fireplace and flat screen TV in the living area with views of the gardens.
Each lodge room has a private bath, one king bed, river rock fireplace, TV with DVD player, telephone, daily maid service and the rate includes a full breakfast. Free wi-fi blankets the entire property.
Off-season * April 1 - May 31 Oct. 1 - Nov. 21
On-season Jan. 2 - March 31 June 1 - Sept. 30 Nov. 22 - Dec. 23
Holiday Dec. 24 - Jan. 1
Rates listed are nightly rates, whether single or double occupancy; taxes not included.
No more than two guests per room. All rates are subject to change.
Off-season dates vary depending on when the slopes open and close.
Our rustic cabin rooms have the same amenities as lodge rooms, but are larger than the lodge rooms. Each has a kitchenette (no oven or stove) and private outdoor patio, so breakfast can be delivered.
The Bonanza Trail is a duplex cabin housing the Stagecoach and Black Bart rooms, which are mirror images of each other. These rooms are about 450 square feet and are completely separate. There is no adjoining door between the two; there is a sound wall.
The Black Bart and Stagecoach rooms each have one king bed, a river rock fireplace, TV/DVD, telephone and kitchenette. Each comes with daily maid service and a full breakfast-the cabin rooms are the only guest rooms that can have breakfast delivered.
- We honor the full amount of any Black Bear Inn gift certificate on any stay; with other gift certificates and gift cards we honor only up to $200 per stay.
- Reservations are confirmed with a 50% deposit; balance due upon arrival.
- Deposit for a one night stay is 100% of lodging fee.
- For reservations for dates more than nine months in the future, the lodging fee must be paid in its entirety and is non-refundable.
- Due to our size, we pay travel agent commissions only for guests who stay four or more nights.
- We accept Visa and MasterCard. We no longer accept American Express
- Office hours: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm, seven days.
- Check-in: 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm in the lodge
- 3:00 pm - for cabins*
- Check-out: 11:00 am
- California fire code limits us to two occupants per guest room (including infants).
- The inn is not an appropriate place for children.
- Lodge, cabins and guest rooms are solely for the use of paying guests.
- We cannot accommodate pets, but check our links page for a local veterinarian/kennel.
- Smoking permitted outside only.
Due to our size, cancellations affect us significantly. Consequently, we adhere to a strict cancellation policy. To receive a refund, cancellations must be made more than two weeks prior to scheduled arrival date. For holidays, cancellations must be made at least six weeks prior to scheduled arrival date. This includes weather and/or other emergencies. For any refund there is a cancellation fee; the fee is the greater of 10% of the deposit, or $50. For groups, please see below. Departure before your scheduled departure date will constitute a cancellation. For reservations that are made more than nine months prior to scheduled arrival, the lodging fee is non-refundable. For reservations that include any night from Dec 25 to Dec 31, a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the lodging total is required at the time of booking.
Breakfast is served 8:30-9:30 am. We always try to accommodate guests who ask to eat early, but what we are able to provide will depend on what time you'd like to eat and how many other guests we have. We do our best to accommodate all our guests. Coffee and tea are available early every day.
We run into problems when guests want to bring their friends over. Please understand that our lodge holds just ten guests when we are full and that bringing friends over is unfair to the other guests who paid for a quiet, relaxing visit. This is especially true when guests want to bring children to see the lodge. Additionally, our parking lot is only large enough to allocate one spot per room, so we run into parking issues.
If you need anything extra like blankets, pillows. . . whatever it is, please ask us and we will make every attempt to accommodate you. We want you to be comfortable and to enjoy your stay. We are glad to help you with restaurant reservations, purchasing flowers and gift baskets, booking an in-room massage, etc and working to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
- Groups are defined as six (or more) guests or three (or more) rooms traveling together.
- A deposit of 50 percent of the total room charge is due at the time of booking. The balance must be paid in full one month prior to the arrival date. There are no refunds for any group cancellations including weather and/or other emergencies. Departure before your scheduled departure date will constitute a cancellation.
- When booking for a group, please keep in mind that the lodge and cabins are solely for the use of paying guests.
If you rent a cabin you can arrive after the office closes because we are able to leave a key in an envelope on the cabin door. We cannot do that for the lodge rooms.*