Table Of Contents
Perhaps the most beautiful and famous inn located in California, the Green Gables Inn is a historic gem with panoramic views of the Monterey Bay. Every detail in this exquisite Queen Anne Victorian, built in 1888, has been meticulously restored for your enjoyment. Make your reservation well in advance for a very special getaway.
This Four Sisters Inn blends the modern luxuries and sophisticated services of a boutique hotel with the traditional amenities and architecture of a B & B.
The friendly staff of the Green Gables Inn provides professional service with a great big smile. Each morning they prepare a bountiful breakfast, served in the dining room overlooking the rocky coastline. Afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres are enjoyed in front of the fire in the parlor.
Tickets to the Aquarium, bicycles for a ride into Pebble Beach and a variety of books and games are all available at the inn. Make your reservation well in advance for a very special getaway.
The Green Gables Inn has 11 beautifully decorated rooms each more unique than the one before. The Chapel Room is filled with lustrious mahoghany, while the Gable Room has a ladder to the cozy attic room in the gable itself. The Lacy Suite has a magnificent canopy bed and the Balcony Room, with its sweeping ocean views, is the perfect room for daydreaming.
Rates range from $145 to $305 and include:
- Full signature breakfast for two
- Afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres
- Freshly-baked cookies
- Turndown Service
- Wireless Internet
Four Sisters Inns signature services, provided at Green Gables Inn, with our compliments:
- A bountiful breakfast buffet each morning
- Afternoon wine, tea and hors d' oeuvres
- Evening turndown service
- Freshly-baked cookies
- Refreshments, including water, coffee and tea, are available throughout the day
- Newspapers available in lobby every morning
- Free local and domestic long distance telephone calls
- Concierge and activity recommendations and planning
- 3:00 pm check-in and 12:00 noon check-out
- Movies, books and games available to borrow at the front desk
- Easily forgotten toiletry items, (toothbrush, shaving cream, sewing kits, etc.) available at front desk
- Bon Voyage gift to all guests who stay five or more consecutive nights
- Generous Frequent Sleeper loyalty program offering enrolled guests one complimentary night for every twenty points earned*
The following services and items are available for purchase:
- One pet-friendly guestroom is available for an additional charge. Click here for more information.
- Breakfast delivered to your guestroom ($10 per day)
- Rates are based on two guests per room. Additional guests over the age of five ($25 per day)
- A bottle of wine (price varies)
- A bottle of chilled sparkling wine (price varies)
- Celebration Package ($45)
- Long distance, faxing, printing or other business services (price varies)
- Adoption of a signature Teddy Bear ($35)
- Purchase of a Four Sisters Inns cookbook ($15.95)
- Tickets for activities and special events (prices vary, select locations)
*terms and conditions apply.
P.O. Box 3073
Monterey, California 93942
Food and Wine at Green Gables Inn
Four Sisters Inns Signature Breakfast
Our signature breakfast buffet is included with your stay and features a sumptuous hot entrée prepared by our innkeepers. Blueberry Pancakes, Artichoke Quiche or Grand Marnier French Toast are just a sampling of what you can expect to find at breakfast each morning. We also prepare a fresh baked good such as our delicious Honey-Buttermilk Muffins, Blueberry Sour Cream Scones or Pumpkin Muffins. Breakfast also always includes cereals, breads, fresh fruit, juices, tea and coffee. Most of the dishes we prepare each morning can be found in our 6th edition The Kitchen Cookbook.
Breakfast in Bed is available for $10 per day. Simply ask the innkeeper for the Breakfast in Bed form at check-in and be sure to return it to the front desk by 7:00 pm the night before you would like to receive Breakfast in Bed. This service may not be available at all inns.
Guests on special diets generally find many items in our buffet that are suitable to their needs. However, due to the small size of our inn and kitchen, we cannot accommodate all dietary requests (such as gluten-free, vegan, no nuts, etc.). If you are on a restricted diet, you are welcome to store a small bag of your own foods in our refrigerator.
Join us for a complimentary glass of wine, plus cheeses, and savory hors d’oeuvres each afternoon. It’s the perfect way to relax and celebrate after a day of sightseeing. Plus, don’t forget about our cookies! Cookies are a Four Sisters Inns tradition – every day by 3 pm, you’ll find complimentary, freshly baked cookies, available near the the lobby area. We bake something different every day, so you never know which sweet treat awaits.
Four Sisters Inns' The Kitchen Cookbook
Our innkeepers are often asked for recipes, which is why we began compiling favorites in our own cookbook many years ago. Now in its 6th edition, The Kitchen at Four Sisters Inns is available at your favorite inn, as well as here on our website, for $15.95. This updated version includes more than 90 recipes from our innkeepers, the same dishes our guests enjoy when they stay with us. Recipes are divided into five categories: Breakfast Sweets, Breakfast Dishes, Cookies, Tea Time Sweets and Tea Time Savories. The cookbook has a handy easel stand design; just pop it open and you’re ready to whip up a batch of Blueberry Lemon Muffins.
About the Monterey Peninsula
For natural beauty, it’s mighty hard to top the Monterey Peninsula. The dramatic, windswept coastline is a favorite of artists, film directors and photographers, and immediately familiar to anyone who follows the pro golf circuit on TV. The area’s individual towns have retained their distinct personalities, and appeal to visitors seeking different experiences.
Once the capital of California, the city of Monterey was founded by the Spanish, evolved into a commercial fishing center, and is the Peninsula’s hub of commerce today. It’s also home to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, a wonderful place to learn about the abundant marine life of the central coast. Tony Pebble Beach draws the rich and famous, especially those who can swing a club. Charming Carmel is the focal point for the arts, with galleries highlighting every medium.
Pacific Grove is popular precisely because it is not touristy. A beautifully preserved slice of 19th Century California, P.G. is a great place to hop on the 29-mile Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail, whether on foot or bicycle. In the winter, P.G. earns its nickname – Butterfly Town U.S.A. – when thousands of Monarch butterflies spend a few months at the Monarch Grove Sanctuary off Lighthouse Avenue.
Monterey Bay Aquarium
The nation's number one aquarium features the million-gallon Outer Bay exhibit and the largest jellyfish exhibit anywhere; a three-story Kelp Forest; and a two-story sea otter exhibit. Ongoing. $32.95. 886 Cannery Row, Monterey. 831-648-4888. Visit Website
First Sundays at La Mirada
"First Sunday" is an ongoing series which highlights classical music and art. While taking in La Mirada's lovely surroundings, visitors may also enjoy light refreshments. Museum docents are on hand to answer questions and interpret the exhibitions. First Sundays of Each Month. Free, 1 pm - 4 pm. 831-372-3689
Jazz Concerts at Pebble Beach
Featuring The Martin Headman Trio. At the Terrace Lounge at The Lodge at Pebble Beach. *Gate fees waived when attending the jazz concerts. Ongoing Wednesdays, Free, 7:30 pm - 11:30 pm. 831-624-3811
Historic Garden League Tours
Docent-led tours of historic gardens, including Doud House, as featured in House Beautiful. Tours begin at picket fence 210 Olivier St., Monterey. Reservations are encouraged. Ongoing Thursdays, 10:30 am & 1:30 pm, $5 pp. 210 Oliver St. Monterey. 831-649-3364
Green Gables Inn
301 Ocean View Blvd
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
From Highway 1
- From Highway 1, take the Highway 68 West exit to the town of Pacific Grove
- The exit will read Pebble Beach/Pacific Grove
- Stay on Highway 68 until it becomes Forest Avenue
- Continue on Forest Avenue until you reach Ocean View Boulevard
- Turn right on Ocean View Boulevard and make a right onto Fifth Street
- The inn is located on the corner of Ocean View Boulevard and Fifth Street at 301 Ocean View Blvd., Pacific Grove, California 93950
Visit our other Four Sisters Inns