Country Willows Berry MuffinsFrom COUNTRY WILLOWS INN & ESTATE
As a prelude to breakfast, these muffins go nicely with that first cup of coffee or tea. Use mini-muffin pans for a diminutive size and guilt-free enjoyment! These are quick and easy to make.<!--- custom code start --->
2 1/2 cups unbleached white flour *
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 scant cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
Grated zest of one lemon (optional)
1 1/2 cups blueberries (or other berries in season)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease mini-muffin pans or about 18 muffin cups.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and add milk, butter, eggs and zest.
- Gently mix ingredients until well blended. Fold in the blueberries that have been dusted with a little flour. Spoon batter into cups.
- Sprinkle tops with a little sugar; bake for 10 to 20 minutes depending on size, or until light brown.
* You may substitute white whole wheat flour (King Arthur) for part of the white flour