Four Bean SaladFrom ADAMS HOUSE BED & BREAKFAST
Yield:Serves 6 to 8
- 1 12-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 12-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 12-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 12-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions (about 3 scallions)
- 3/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced jarred Peppadew peppers or roasted red bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons honey
We made this bean salad for the 4th of July. It is a great update to a Texas Caviar and healthier than serving a potato salad. Enjoy!
1. Whisk the red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
2. Add the scallions, red onion, peppers, honey, white beans, chickpeas, pinto beans and black beans and toss to coat. Let sit in the refrigerator at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend. Mix thoroughly before serving.
Serves 6 to 8
Recipe from Food Network Magazine