Oatmeal Molasses BreadFrom RABBIT HILL INN
Yield:2 Standard Loaves
1 cup quick oats
1 ½ Tbls. Butter
1 package dry yeast
½ cup warm water
½ cup molasses
2 teaspoons salt
4 ⅔ cups flour
* Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
* Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of quick oats and 1 ½ Tbls. of butter. Let stand for 1 hour.
* Soak 1 package of dry yeast in ½ cup lukewarm (105°F) water for 5 minutes.
* Stir until dissolved and add ½ cup of molasses, 2 teaspoons of salt, and the oatmeal mixture.
* Knead for 8 minutes.
* Allow to rise until doubled in bulk. Divide into 2 pieces and mold into 2 loaves of bread.
* Leave to rise in a warm place covered with a towel until doubled in size.
* Bake at 350°F for approx 30-40 minutes (or until done/golden brown). Make note: Some home ovens require a temp of 375°
** If using a convection oven, bake at 325 for 10 minutes, Then, rotate loaves, and bake for additional 8-10 minutes (or until done)