Zucchini Strata with Sausage and PepperoniFrom AN INN ON THE OCEAN BED & BREAKFAST
Cooking Time:35 to 45 minutes
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bulk sausage
- 1 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 5 cups Italian bread cut in cubes
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 cups half and half
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9x13" baking dish.
Cook the sausage in a large skillet until the pink is gone.
Add the pepperoni, zucchini, corn, red pepper, basil, parsley and sage. Cook 2-5 minutes until zucchini is tender.
Add all the bread cubes. Stir to combine.
Put 1/2 the mixture in the casserole. Sprinkle with 1/2 cheeses. Add nuts.
Repeat with bread, zucchini mixture. Top with remaining cheeses.
Beat eggs and half and half and salt and pepper. Pour over bread mixture.
Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.