Herb-Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Puree - (serves 6)From THE NOTCHLAND INN
Cooking Time:about 1 hour
- 4 pounds Pork Tenderloin
- ¼ cup Fresh Herbs, chopped: (rosemary, oregano, mint, basil, parsley, lemon balm, chives, marjoram, thyme, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon good quality Stone Ground Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Sugar (if desired)
- 3/4 cup dried Apricots
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Clean pork if needed. Rinse and pat dry.
Combine herbs and other ingredients to make a paste. Rub all over pork. Place in hot oven (450 ) for 10 minutes. Lower heat to 350 for about 1 hour or until thermometer inserted reads 160 . Let pork rest for 10 minutes.
Slice and serve on a small pool of Apricot Puree (recipe below).
Apricot Puree (serves 6 - 8)
3/4 cup dried Apricots
2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
Place the apricots in hot water to cover until they are soft. Transfer to a food processor, reserving the water and blend until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice, tamari or soy sauce, cinnamon and salt. Add some of the water, if necessary, to thin the consistency.