Cinnamon Walnut Coffee CakeFrom BROOKSIDE MOUNTAIN MIST INN & COTTAGES
Cooking Time:50-55 minutes
This coffee cake may remind you of grandma.
½ Cup Butter, Softened
½ Cup Vegetable Oil
½ Cup Sugar
1 Pkg. (18 ½ oz.) Butter Golden Cake Mix
1 Cup Sour Cream
½ Cup Chopped Walnuts
¼ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
4 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
¼ Cup Flour
¼ Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
¼ Cup Butter ( not Softened)
1. Combine all Filling ingredients, set aside.
2. In Large bowl mix Butter, oil, and sugar, mix well.
3. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each egg.
4. Gradually add cake mix and mix well.
5. Beat in sour cream just until combined.
6. Pour ½ cake batter into greased 9x13 baking pan.
7. Sprinkle filling over cake batter.
8. Pour second ½ of cake batter onto filling. Cut through with a knife to swirl.
9. For Topping: combine flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
Bake 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.