Quiche Lorraine d"AubergeFrom THE INN AT MALLARD COVE
Our adaptation of a French entree using organic herbs and vegetables from our gardens, organic eggs, and our special cheddar cheese.
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp. Chopped Fresh Thyme or 1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp. Chopped Fresh Sage or 1/2 tsp. Dried Sage
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- Grinding of Black Pepper
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Frozen Bacon Strips
- 1 cup Cooked Vegetables (Broccoli, leeks, asparagus or spinach)
- 1 Tbsp. Finely Chopped Parsley
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Dice and fry the bacon until crisp; drain pieces on a paper towel.
Steam the vegetables in a covered bowl for 30 seconds in microwave.
Butter six individual ceramic baking dishes.
Place bacon pieces in bottom of dishes and add cooked vegetables.
Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
Whisk together the half and half, eggs, thyme, sage, salt and pepper until combined.
Pour egg mixture over cheddar cheese and top with parsley.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and slightly browned.