Green Chile SouffleFrom CASA ESCONDIDA BED & BREAKFAST
Cooking Time:25 Min or until golden brown
Yield:10 - 12
This a an easy way to serve-up the great taste of the Southwest. It is one of our guests favorites.
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 12 Eggs – beaten
- 1 Stick Butter – melted (we use sweet unsalted butter) slightly cooled
- 2 Cups Sharp cheddar cheese – shredded
- 13 oz. Mild chopped green chili – thawed (we like the “Bueno” brand). If you like more heat, you can use medium or hot green chili.
- 16 oz. Small curd cottage cheese
- 11 oz. Can of corn (mexicorn or nibblets) – drained
- 1 Medium chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons Mild red chili powder to taste. We use Chimayo chili.
- Dash Salt & pepper (less salt if you are using salted butter)
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9 X 14 baking dish with non-stick spray. We use individual baking dishes for our guests but you can use a large baking dish and simply cut the baked green chili into individual portions and then plate and serve.
Mix all of the ingredients. Pour into baking dishes.
Bake 20 – 30 minutes until puffed-up and golden brown
Serve as is or garnish with sliced avocado and/or salsa, etc.