- Blend all of the ingredients together (except for the cheese and cilantro)
- Scramble the seasoned egg mixture.
- While the eggs are scrambling, warm the tortillas on a 350 degree griddle.
- Store the warm tortillas in a tortilla bowl or wrap them in a kitchen towel to keep them warm and soft until serving.
- When the eggs are scrambled, top them with the shredded cheese. Remove from heat. Add a lid to melt the cheese.
- Slide the cooked eggs onto a serving platter and garnish with 5 – 6 small dollops of salsa and finish with some chopped fresh or dried cilantro
Serve the eggs with the warm tortillas. Guests can enjoy the eggs as is or they can roll them in the warm tortillas to make breakfast burritos. Have sour cream and additional salsa available on the table. Gluten-free guests can use corn tortillas instead of wheat.
Note: Napolitos are pickled cactus. They usually come in a jar and can be found in the Hispanic food section of your grocery store. Also, take care not to over-cook the tortillas. They should be warm, soft and pliable. Not hard or crisp.