Ebenezer House Broccoli & Cauliflower SaladFrom EBENEZER HOUSE BED AND BREAKFAST
- 1 cup mayonnaise. I also add ½ cup of yogurt and mix into the mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar. I prefer ¼ of Merlot. It adds to the taste of the salad
- 8 slices of bacon cooked crisp and crumbled or use bacon bits-sprinkle the bacon bits on top of salad after ingredients and dressing are mixed together.
- 1 bunch broccoli divided into bite size pieces. Use only the very top of the head.
- 1 bunch cauliflower divided into bite size pieces. Use only the very top of the head
- 1 medium size red onion chopped fine. Save small rings to place on top of salad. I also sometimes use a ripe tomato. Be sure to remove the skin on the tomato by placing tomato in hot water. The skin on the tomato is easily removed.
- ½ cup golden raisins
Mix ingredients and dressing together and refrigerate Best if you made and refrigerate the salad the day before.
When I serve this salad to my family or take to a lawn party there is never any left.