Frozen Breakfast Berry BlendFrom CHURCHTOWN INN BED AND BREAKFAST
Prep Time:10 minutes
Yield:depends on size of glass usually 6 five oz. glasses
½ fresh squeezed lemon if you have it – don’t use bottled juice.
- 1. Blend all ingredients in blender.
- 2. Pour into parfait cups.
- 3. Freeze overnight or until needed.
- 4. Thaw about 30 minutes prior.
- 5. Top with sweetened sour cream.
Tip: pour berry mix into cupcake tins and freeze. Pop out of molds, cut in quarters and whirl in food processor until smooth.
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries, strawberries, blueberries, etc. 2 cups
- 2 cups whole or part skim buttermilk
- sugar to taste depending on the sweetness of the berries
- lemon juice optional
Costco has a mixed frozen berry with marion berries that works well. Blend all ingredients in a blender. Pour berry mix into cupcake tins and freeze. Pop out of molds, cut in quarters and whirl in food processor until smooth. Scoop into fancy glasses and top with sweetened sour cream.