Vietnamese Peach RelishFrom BEACON HOUSE INN BED & BREAKFAST
Prep Time:10 min
Yield:makes 3 cups
This savory peach relish is easy to make and will impress your friends and family. Make sure to use peaches that are firm enough to hold their shape once diced. Serve with grilled halibut or shrimp.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 serrano chile or jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 firm, ripe medium peaches, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
In a mortar (or mini food processor) pond the garlic and chile with the brown sugar until a paste forms. Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice and 2 tablespoons of water. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and stir in the peaches, cilantro and mint.